X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Jesus that is beyond draconian

(I have zero issue with texting and driving laws)
    Honestly, it's just an extension of drunk driving laws. It's illegal to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated - operate has been extended to cover people trying to sleep it off in their car, because the keys were in their pocket and they could've pulled away. The only anecdote I've seen of someone beating it was when they took their keys out and threw them into the ditch next to the car. No keys and no ability to readily find them = not attempting to operate the vehicle.

If the law made it illegal to text while operating a motor vehicle, all that drunk driving precedent is on the books to define what constitutes operating a motor vehicle.

Comment

Sorry. Made me chuckle.

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Professional

Comment

A national treasure.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Freeman:

3rd degree murder and manslaughter...

Investigation is on going for other three officers...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

And again you actually arent reading or putting into context anything anyone is saying. You read a sentence, find a few words you can jump off on and then write a 12 paragraph diatribe that really doesnt prove the point you think it does. I am sure it sounds great in your head though.
              I only counted 3 paragraphs in my last response!

I am sure it is just a coincidence that EVERYONE thinks you are wrong though. Must be rough to be the lone voice in the wilderness.
              Are we counting the voices in your head too? So far only you seem to have a strong objection to the notion that voting is the way to achieve power, although Hovey did have an interesting point about how it would have an even bigger effect if rich black celebs/sport figures started throwing money around to buy influence. Far more effective than your suggestion to wait for all white people to get "woke".

Dont worry everyone...the world will change as long as we vote! Remember the halcyon days under Obama when there was zero racial tension and Blacks were living high on the hog? Simpler times...
              So, the world that we live in, not the world that Handy's mind resides in, is set up so that change comes via voting. As I've said numerous times, the most immediate impact will not be from the Presidential vote, although that is important, but the local races for DA, mayor, judges to the extent they're elected in a particular place, etc. That's where you get change on the ground. I suspect you realize that I'm right, and you're wrong, so instead of admitted that you've decided to respond with a bunch of weird personal insults. I of course would be happy to insult you, but I'm more interested in educating you, which as a teacher I would hope you'd appreciate.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                There were teenagers on the Minneapolis streets last night wrestling with the question of violence with more nuance. It's complicated and it relates back to their life experience, not ours.

The most galling thing to some posters here is these black and young protesters aren't asking for their approval.

We are not the arbitrator of these people's decisions. It's their decisions, their path, their consequences. All we can do is watch -- our opinion has not been solicited.
                The protesters have all the green lights they need afaiac.

Comment

Must have felt like second would be a reach and would make an acquittal too likely.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I swear I read that as "we condone violence" and just nodded along casually with what is to be expected from Trump/Pence 2020. I used to (pre-2016) assume he was a decent guy, but Mike's soul has been burned to a crisp by proximity and association to the Psychopath.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Hey Ames, this might be a good time for you to just lay low...

Because people got facts wrong and rushed to judgement?
                        Hennepin County released a statement today that Klobuchar wasn't involved in the lack of prosecution for Chaupin because she had left the office by the time it happened.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

To be fair, it's not like Mike Pence took Kaepernick's right to protest away from him. Kaepernick didn't break any laws like out of control rioters. Leaving a football game because someone kneeled as a protest is ridiculous to me but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Because people got facts wrong and rushed to judgement?
                            Hennepin County released a statement today that Klobuchar wasn't involved in the lack of prosecution for Chaupin because she had left the office by the time it happened.
                            That's not true, except for the most recent instances and the videotaped murder. There were EIGHTEEN actionable complaints against him that she couldn't cover up fast enough.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              To be fair, it's not like Mike Pence took Kaepernick's right to protest away from him. Kaepernick didn't break any laws like out of control rioters. Leaving a football game because someone kneeled as a protest is ridiculous to me but to each their own.
                              No. He was just in the long list of people that condemned the peaceful protest and didn't listen to it. He's a white man in power. If he had listened to it and acted on it, it would have carried weight. Instead he ridiculed and ignored. We see the results of that action today.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was wrong

I apologize
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X