X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Wrong. The rioters. Note, I did NOT say the protesters. The latter are very different from the former.
    You be you, Rube.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Think you could retrofit an A-10 with paintballs? If we're gonna do this, let's do it right.
      BRRRRRRRRRRRRT! Dang that would be fun.

Looks like the only fire getting any attention in MPLS is in my neck of the woods. Olympic Cafe on Broadway and Dupont.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        You could watch MSNBC and their "Find Some Black Guy or Girl Who Somehow is Marginally Linked to the Story" and interview them every twenty minutes. MSNBC is playing the "Black Friend" card pretty well right now
        LOL. That's perfect. Well said.

You can bet MSNBC and CNN are tearing through their HR files right now finding every single black person they can to stick in front of a camera with their blazer.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          You be you, Rube.
          Right now (and last night), the protesters were in downtown MPLS (there was a large march last night, too). Not a single incident.

Then you had what we all saw on tv/etc, and that was the 3rd Precinct.

I will not call protesters rioters, and vice versa.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I loved the CNN hairdo saying the protesters are "taking it out on the cops." No, as-shole. This is about police brutalization of black communities. The cops are the problem, they aren't some bystander being hassled.
            Except, as you and Rube so eloquently pointed out, they are going out of their way to talk about the amount of non-Blacks there. I dont think White People Whitesplain Black Subjugation has the same effect

Of curse you are watching Fredo...thats your first problem
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

LA..wow that officer is getting beat

Comment

"I'm not in the hype business."

I generally like Cuomo, but...c'mon man.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  LA..wow that officer is getting beat
                  Yeah he was. Jesus.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You could watch this instead!

Comment

LOL. That's perfect. Well said.

You can bet MSNBC and CNN are tearing through their HR files right now finding every single black person they can to stick in front of a camera with their blazer.
                      Oh hell yeah. I might create a drinking game out of it

You dont watch Fredo, Lemon or, well anyone on MSNBC, to get the story...you watch it to see which way their emotional tantrums will go. Its fascinating cause it changes depending on who is complaining.

I used to play the game with Faux as well...but it is way to predictable

If you want the news, watch BBC or Al-Jazeera. (although they have been duped a lot lately by Twitter falsehoods so be wary)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't know much about this Cuomo but he is pretty difficult to stomach. Any anchor who tells me he isn't in it for the hype and immediately starts in with the hype... I stand by my statement about some of the commentary on the multi racial participation, but he seems pretty difficult to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Oh hell yeah. I might create a drinking game out of it

You dont watch Fredo, Lemon or, well anyone on MSNBC, to get the story...you watch it to see which way their emotional tantrums will go. Its fascinating cause it changes depending on who is complaining.

I used to play the game with Faux as well...but it is way to predictable

If you want the news, watch BBC or Al-Jazeera. (although they have been duped a lot lately by Twitter falsehoods so be wary)
                          I don't *mind* Lemon or Cooper. I can't stand Cuomo. I'm basically watching right now for footage only and the on-site reporting.

Cuomo yells and hypes. Lemon/Cooper seem to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Oh god...that should be a "Social"**

**everybody drinks
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Any chance we can convince him to quarantine again for a couple of weeks?
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                I don't *mind* Lemon or Cooper. I can't stand Cuomo. I'm basically watching right now for footage only and the on-site reporting.
                                I like quite a few of them...outside of their shows. Maddow knows more than most of us could ever care to on wonky political stuff and she is great to see talk (pretty sure I met her once too years ago and she was very cool) but her show is unwatchable because she stopped talking the policy wonk stuff and just went full emotion. I get that gets better ratings, but screw that noise I got better things to do.

Honestly I think I like Jake Tapper the best and even he scores low on my watch meter.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X