This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    To be fair, it's not like Mike Pence took Kaepernick's right to protest away from him. Kaepernick didn't break any laws like out of control rioters. Leaving a football game because someone kneeled as a protest is ridiculous to me but to each their own.
    Is leaving the game in an effort to delegitimize their protest "standing for their right"? I don't see the tweet claiming he tried to make it against the law.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      To be fair, it's not like Mike Pence took Kaepernick's right to protest away from him. Kaepernick didn't break any laws like out of control rioters. Leaving a football game because someone kneeled as a protest is ridiculous to me but to each their own.
      It says a lot about him that he couldn't even stand to be in the same stadium as a black man who wants to be regarded as a human person. Pence should be retired from public service ASAP.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
        That's not true, except for the most recent instances and the videotaped murder. There were EIGHTEEN actionable complaints against him that she couldn't cover up fast enough.
        Oh good lord.
        Learn how hard prosecuting and convicting cops is before you spout off.
        Your pearl clutching is noted.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I agree with Rover that voting is a huge part of the solution. Nothing will be fixed just from voting Trump out. But you start electing functional, intelligent, young politicians and stack that up over time and you'll get results. Trump, quite obviously, is not the right guy to lead the charge on this issue. And thus ends my dumb post.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Is leaving the game in an effort to delegitimize their protest "standing for their right"? I don't see the tweet claiming he tried to make it against the law.
            I took it as people have the right to a peaceful protest, not necessarily standing for the cause or pointthey are tryingto make. That's the difference. But remember, a lot of people still don't even understand what Kaepernick was protesting.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Oh good lord.
              Learn how hard prosecuting and convicting cops is before you spout off.
              Your pearl clutching is noted.
              Too hard? I'm not sure what the alternative is. Only prosecute the easy cases? Only prosecute people who aren't in positions of power? I guess, if making sure your job stays "easy" is the only goal.
              If you're a fan of Amy's politically, I feel for you, but you want to hear a true tragicomedy? My girl in Michigan, Whitmer (another long-lister at one time) was scuttled by her hubbie trying to sneak out the back door to go fishing during the lockdown right during all the protests against people not being allowed to go fishing. So, yeah... let's both get on board with Kamala.
              Last edited by geezer; 05-29-2020, 02:03 PM.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

There are no words.

To our African American fellow citizens I say this. Given his own experience with an out of control FBI and unfair investigations, President Trump knows how poisonous an out of control law enforcement process can be. -- Laura Ingraham
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-29-2020, 02:10 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I took it as people have the right to a peaceful protest, not necessarily standing for the cause or pointthey are tryingto make. That's the difference. But remember, a lot of people still don't even understand what Kaepernick was protesting.
                  Pence is saying that now to try to have the moral high ground, but all of 2016-17 was spent with a hardline campaign to delegitimize the protests. It was made very clear by the right that it wasn’t ok to peacefully protest. Call POWs losers? A-ok. Insult a gold star member’s family? No problem. Kneel? Wow, very un-American.

Not to mention his stunt at the Colts cost a quarter million in tax payer dollars.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I have a few.,
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      Too hard? I'm not sure what the alternative is. Only prosecute the easy cases? Only prosecute people who aren't in positions of power? I guess, if making sure your job stays "easy" is the only goal.
                      If you're a fan of Amy's politically, I feel for you, but you want to hear a true tragicomedy? My girl in Michigan, Whitmer (another long-lister at one time) was scuttled by her hubbie trying to sneak out the back door to go fishing during the lockdown right during all the protests against people not being allowed to go fishing. So, yeah... let's both get on board with Kamala.
                      Do we even know what the complaints against the cop were? I've tried looking around and I've found very little.

One instance apparently involved a man carrying a shotgun who was involved in a chase, and allegedly pointed the gun at the cops. He was shot by six different cops, including Chauvin.

In another instance he was involved with some other cops chasing a man with a knife, and the suspect was shot by another cop involved in the chase, but all of the officers were put on leave.

One case apparently involved failure to follow the rules regarding dashcam cameras.

The most questionable one I was able to find involved a call on a domestic dispute where Chauvin apparently chased the suspect into a bathroom and ended up shooting and wounding the suspect, who Chauvin claimed went for his gun.

Without the specific details it's pretty hard to judge whether any of those incidences warranted any sort of prosecution by Klobuchar or anyone else.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        You do understand that there is no room for any error or doubt when prosecuting a cop right?
                        Juries and Judges have inherent bias in favor of the cops in 99% of these cases....so the evidence has to be airtight and letter perfect for there even to be a chance of winning.
                        That doesn't happen often.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

It's especially difficult when you have video of them killing an unarmed black man. Garner comes to mind, but there are hundreds of others.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            It is hard, and that is proven by the ridiculously low percentage of convicting cops for violent acts versus civilians. The deck is literally stacked against a prosecutor. First of all, different standards apply. 2nd, jury instructions from judges cloud the issues further, even in states where the instructions are supposed to be uniform. In 2018 2/3rds of people charged with felonies were convicted of something. Between 2005 and last year 98 nonfederal law enforcement officers have been arrested in connection with fatal, on-duty shootings, and 35 were convicted, so about 1/3rd. That would tell me it appears a lot harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              It's especially difficult when you have video of them killing an unarmed black man. Garner comes to mind, but there are hundreds of others.
                              I never said there were no problems you *******.
                              But to act like all cases are cut and dried and easy...even when there is video is so naive it's childish in its premise.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                One case apparently involved failure to follow the rules regarding dashcam cameras.
                                In all honesty, this should be a fireable offense for a police officer.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X