TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    The ending is solid. Probably will throw you for a loop for a second.
    I can’t wait! I hope to finish the season by midweek.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Through 2 of the 3 parts of the Grant miniseries on History Channel. Actually pretty good so far. They do a good job of following to Chernow biography, which by the way is great and everyone should read it. I usually dislike the re-enactments the History Channel feels the need to do, but they've been well done, especially the Grant and Lincoln actors. The Lincoln actor is soooo channeling DDL though. And the History Channel clearly paid a lot for their "boom headshot!" CGI package for the battle scenes and intend to use it non-stop. I am a little worried that we're only at The Wilderness at the end of part 2, so the rest of the Civil War and everything post Civil War will get rushed in part 3; I know the Civil War was needless to say a big part of Grant's life, but it gets so much more interesting after that and every Civil War documentary already covers the war, so it would be good if they could really emphasize that time.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Just about finished with S6 of HIMYM and dare I say it's the best season so far. I know most fans will likely argue otherwise arguing something between 2 and 4 was better which is fine. And iirc it will start to go downhill starting with S7, but I really laughed a lot during this season, and there were other big moments. There was the Captain/Zoey arc, Marshall's dad, Barney and Nora, Marshally/Lily trying to get pregnant, Robin didn't have as much growth but there were a lot of great moments with her character, etc. Fun season.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Just about finished with S6 of HIMYM and dare I say it's the best season so far. I know most fans will likely argue otherwise arguing something between 2 and 4 was better which is fine. And iirc it will start to go downhill starting with S7, but I really laughed a lot during this season, and there were other big moments. There was the Captain/Zoey arc, Marshall's dad, Barney and Nora, Marshally/Lily trying to get pregnant, Robin didn't have as much growth but there were a lot of great moments with her character, etc. Fun season.
          I remember Captain/Zoey just being a massive waste of time, but yeah, as long as it's not the last 3 seasons it still has purpose. Once you get near the end it's just a cash grab for everyone involved. Not that I blame them, mind you, it just is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            I remember Captain/Zoey just being a massive waste of time, but yeah, as long as it's not the last 3 seasons it still has purpose. Once you get near the end it's just a cash grab for everyone involved. Not that I blame them, mind you, it just is.
            Fo sure Captain/Zoey technically ends up becoming a waste but so did every other woman in Ted's life until the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Killing Eve finale. Whoa.
              I haven’t decided how I feel about the season finale
              Overall this season wasn’t as strong

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I haven’t decided how I feel about the season finale
                Overall this season wasn’t as strong
                I had the opposite reaction. In many ways this was my favorite season. And the ending was phenomenal.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hoping to watch it later tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    5 episodes into the 6th and final season of Justified. Amazing. I don’t know how this will play out but it seems there have been hints that Givens will die.

Also, big shout out to the casting director. I’ve counted a 5 maybe 6 alumni of Band Of Brothers and/or The Pacific in this show.
                    Believe Graham Yost was one of the producers of Justified, and also BOB.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Believe Graham Yost was one of the producers of Justified, and also BOB.
                      Awesome, thanks!
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Hey all you cool cats and kitties.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I had the opposite reaction. In many ways this was my favorite season. And the ending was phenomenal.
                          I like the finale more now as a few days have passed.

Comment

On Eve, I liked this season more than last and I really liked the finale. More after a few weeks to let people watch it.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I thought Eve killed it the whole season and the finale was great. It generated in me so many different reactions and feelings, and what a tremendous cast.

Comment

Awesome. Good to hear. I thought maybe I might be over liking it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X