Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Alabama Huntsville dropping men’s ice hockey effective immediately, citing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BREAKING: Alabama Huntsville dropping men’s ice hockey effective immediately, cit

What happens to the hockey players who have already committed somewhere else if the funds are raised to save the program? I guess that the transfer won't be approved by the NCAA?

Comment

• Re: BREAKING: Alabama Huntsville dropping men’s ice hockey effective immediately, cit

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
      What happens to the hockey players who have already committed somewhere else if the funds are raised to save the program? I guess that the transfer won't be approved by the NCAA?
      They would allow it. This fund raiser isn't buying any stability beyond a year.

Comment

They’re at $485k with a few hours to go. Looking good but it’ll sure be nice to just finish it up already. I’m quite impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by slowe View Post
          They’re at $485k with a few hours to go. Looking good but it’ll sure be nice to just finish it up already. I’m quite impressed.
          https://twitter.com/saveuahhockey/status/1266414685970141200?s=21

$500K secured
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by slowe View Post
            They also have 26k from T-Shirts sold, so they're over 500k.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
              Apparently, once they announced the program was being canned, players can transfer without penalty. Even if the school says, "Just kidding..."
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Apparently, once they announced the program was being canned, players can transfer without penalty. Even if the school says, "Just kidding..."
                I presume this would require a waiver to the NCAA which would likely be granted? (Of course the NCAA rarely does things how they’re supposed to be done)
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I didn't think that they would make it.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Frustration with my alma mater doesn't mean that my BS meter is broken. My BS meter is highly tuned from what I do for work — I was never a marketing major, and my sophomore year is a good 24 years in my rear view (right back there with that last D-II championship).

Do some **** homework on NCAA rules, etc. Knock the attitude off. Show some humility — you're getting your face washed here because you act like a punk.

In other news, I feel very good about the program being resurrected at this point. I'm hopeful that this is the last whiplash I get from this for a while.

GFM
                    As is my BS meter highly tuned. As an engineer I have learned to reply to BS with BS, reply to data with data. And that got me in trouble as many people don't want to discuss points and stances with data but with opinion. As a marketer I have learned not to reply to BS with BS but to point out my position based on qualitative data. I apologize if I mis-communicated my stance, and it was not taken in a constructive manner. However, reality is what it is, there are 2 sides to every story and I will continue to promote college hockey in the best way I see fit which is what I think most people here are trying to do, promote college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Really? That won't help UAH save the program as it is likely that the some of the more talented found a new home first. What is your source for this? I would hope, for the benefit of UAH on a competitive level for the coming year, that this is not the case. They have enough struggles already with no conference, no rink on campus and an AD that wants to drop them. Holding on to competitive players will help a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Anybody caught shoplifting?
                        Ha! good one! boy that would have been terrible.

Comment

How is this sustainable long-term?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            WCHA is 2500 seat minimum for new facilities.
                            Thank you. I looked and looked, could never find any standard publicly issued on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              I presume this would require a waiver to the NCAA which would likely be granted? (Of course the NCAA rarely does things how they’re supposed to be done)
                              A waiver is not necessary, because I believe that's the rule. The school announced it was shutting down. At that point, you are free to transfer.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Clarke Saunders (NoDak) and Mac Roy (RMU) both left the first time. It's my understanding that Hak offered to release Clarkie from his NLI so he could stay in Huntsville. I ... I think I'd rather be the starting goalie for a storied program.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X