Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

out with the old (class of 2020) and in with the new (class of 2024)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aequum View Post
    Murphy = talent without character
    Webster = talent with character

We'll see the end result. Good luck dealing with Murphy's ego and attitude problems. It will really help the team.
    Known her for years and you couldn’t be more wrong and inappropriate
    Perhaps a little green with envy...or envious of green...

Comment

Re: out with the old (class of 2020) and in with the new (class of 2024)

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Sure, take my fun away from me. Welcome aboard! Hopefully you are the 18th regular poster.

Easy there big fella! We might hit 20 at this rate.

Comment

We'll see the end result. Good luck dealing with Murphy's ego and attitude problems. It will really help the team.
        You do see that by posting this, that it is a glimpse of your character?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by LongGame View Post
          As a new poster, what are the general rules about criticism of a player? How much is tolerated? I get that on-ice stuff is probably fine, but off-ice issues and gossip and the like? Does anything get deleted? Does anyone get banned?
          Very little gets deleted unless a flame war breaks out where posters start getting very personal.

Overall, the women's forum tends to be kinder and gentler than the men's, both in treatment of players and other posters. Coaches and officials are abused in both. On the women's forum, most posters tend to be classier than aequum, although being a jerk to someone who is just wrapping her HS career does happen from time to time. Some people tend to be both brave and irresponsible when hiding behind a computer. I wonder about anyone's motivation to join a forum specifically to trash some kid.

I don't know anything about Murphy as a person. If it should come to pass that she arrives at Minnesota with some growing up to do, that certainly isn't unprecedented. I think that is true of the vast majority of players and students in general. Those like Hannah Brandt and Lee Stecklein who are wise beyond their years from day one are rare indeed.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

We try and keep it classy on the board. I'm sure every team has to deal with ego and attitude to some extent. How many players are ever happy with their roles on a team? Life is all about dealing with challenges and issues, success and disappointment. It sure is a bigger challenge for an 18 yr old than a 52 year old. To most 18 year olds everything is either red or white, but to a old fart like me, it's mostly different just shades of pink.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
            X