Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

out with the old (class of 2020) and in with the new (class of 2024)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: out with the old (class of 2020) and in with the new (class of 2024)

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
    Be careful when looking at the raw rankings for recruiting. They use size of the class in part to calculate. The more recruits you have, the ‘better’ the ranking. Brown has 11(!) recruits coming in, assuming they all made it in. I guess they are going for a total re-build. I think the average star rating is more representative. In that regard Brown does have two 4 stars and a 3.75, followed by a pretty big drop after that (3.0 – 3.25) so pretty strong though by historical standards.

By average star rating, Wisconsin is first, followed by Minnesota, Penn State, Quinnipiac, Colgate. All average above 4 stars. Everyone else is below.
    Any recruiting analysis that takes into account the size of the class is a joke. It's all about quality. There's no way UW does not have the number one class based on Webster, Wheeler and O'Brien.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

BC will probably be up slightly to be tournament bubble this year but their big move will be the 2021-2022 season
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        There's no way UW does not have the number one class based on Webster, Wheeler and O'Brien.
        They would be the number 2 ranked class for me. Certainly three very highly skilled players.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

i have paid for Neutral Zone for a month a couple of times over the last 2+ years. Maybe I will pay up for a month to take a final look at the rankings for the incoming classes. I love that NZ has content about girls hockey but think that a significant part of their rankings > content is way off. I am most familiar with MN hockey thru my experience with my kid over the last several seasons. I have seen a ton of HS Elite League games plus even more HS games. I tend to only see games with primarily top 10-15 programs in the state during the HS season.

Generally speaking kids from the greater TC metro area that are on higher level HSEL teams are the higher end kids. Winny will take anyone in HSEL that is a high end player even if they do not train with her outside the HS season. There are a few kids that do not do HSEL that are high end but it is few in the metro (including girls that play soccer in the fall and lacrosse/track in the spring). There is definitely a correlation between skills and kids that are rostered on the 3 HSEL teams that have been colors in the past. Newer names this past season but the old Black/White/Red/Royal/Grey/etc over the other names.

Some of the "rankings" are from older tournaments/games where kids are dominating inferior competition and then have challenges performing at a high level against higher end kids. Another decent way of sort of ranking/rating kids when they are playing is thru USA/MN hockey. 54's and to National camps as a MN rep is another way of separating kids than HSEL. The level of player that makes 54 & Natty camp FROM Minnesota is much higher than kids from other parts of the country due to regions allotments of players.

I am thankful for any girls/womens hockey content outside of this board...
          Last edited by used2lurk; 05-21-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Princeton graduated a bunch of talent this year. Top 2 D (Thompson & Wallin), 2nd leading scorer (Bullock), and #1 Goalie (Neatby). That is significant...when you add the NZ lower rated incoming class of 2024 (I only know 1 of the kids) that adds up to a pretty significant change from last season to next.

Comment

Any recruiting analysis that takes into account the size of the class is a joke. It's all about quality.
              In a Zoom meeting with Gopher fans yesterday Coach Frost gave special high praise to incoming recruit Abbey Murphy. Both her and Maggie Nicholson played the past three years for Team USA in the Under-18 Women’s World Championships.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                The list (after the first two teams) is blurred out for me. Do you know how to fix that, so the rest of the list is viewable?

(EDIT: Never mind - it's a subscription issue)
                Although you can cheat that by marking the blurry part and doing a copy/paste into a text editor. If you're just looking at the text and not the effects, you don't see the "blur."

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                And Clarkson???
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Although you can cheat that by marking the blurry part and doing a copy/paste into a text editor. If you're just looking at the text and not the effects, you don't see the "blur."
                  Worked like a charm - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    In a Zoom meeting with Gopher fans yesterday Coach Frost gave special high praise to incoming recruit Abbey Murphy. Both her and Maggie Nicholson played the past three years for Team USA in the Under-18 Women’s World Championships.
                    Murphy > Webster. Both are really good.

Comment

Thank you ARM. I did not know that little trick.

Neutral Zone has Sacred Heart on the list for 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes and does NOT have Holy Cross. Sacred Heart's class is ranked #34 and Robert Morris at #35. Cant imagine that HC is much worse than those 2 but maybe?!?
                      Last edited by used2lurk; 05-21-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                        I am thankful for any girls/womens hockey content outside of this board...
                        This board THE source for women's college hockey content. The rest is just pretend. Maybe you haven't lurked deep enough.

Comment

This board THE source for women's college hockey content. The rest is just pretend. Maybe you haven't lurked deep enough.
                          I misspoke. I am thankful for this board. It has so much info and discussion daily. Not much content available elsewhere with any regularity. Thankful for any bonus content elsewhere. .

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                            I misspoke. I am thankful for this board. It has so much info and discussion daily. Not much content available elsewhere with any regularity. Thankful for any bonus content elsewhere. .
                            Sure, take my fun away from me. Welcome aboard! Hopefully you are the 18th regular poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                              Murphy > Webster. Both are really good.
                              Murphy = talent without character
                              Webster = talent with character

We'll see the end result. Good luck dealing with Murphy's ego and attitude problems. It will really help the team.

Comment

Originally posted by aequum View Post
                                Murphy = talent without character
                                Webster = talent with character

We'll see the end result. Good luck dealing with Murphy's ego and attitude problems. It will really help the team.
                                As a new poster, what are the general rules about criticism of a player? How much is tolerated? I get that on-ice stuff is probably fine, but off-ice issues and gossip and the like? Does anything get deleted? Does anyone get banned?

Comment

Working...
                                X