Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Not at all. 2019-20 is over and the offseason sucks, so let's look ahead to #mtuhky100

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yes, you guys should celebrate all year long! & it would be ok to buy us admirers a few beers to help you celebrate!!!

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      A bit early for this thread no?
      Well the amount of hockey being played now might be identical to the amount of hockey being played this October, November, etc. Besides it would be far to depressing if the off-season thread was valid into the Winter so I chose to be optimistic and say the season is just around the corner. College hockey usually starts up just about a month after the NHL and I hear the NHL is getting close to starting. The irony is that the NHL is trying to start their ending.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I think festivities were due to start in August. Bill Sproule, hockey history guru, has a book coming out to celebrate Tech 100th.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          I think festivities were due to start in August. Bill Sproule, hockey history guru, has a book coming out to celebrate Tech 100th.
          That was the original plan. The 100th season would kick off with the hockey alumni reunion in August 2020, but it has been postponed and moved to August 2021 to FINISH the 100th season.

With UAH pulling the plug, Tech now has two series that will get changed - Nov 6,7 which would have been at UAH and Feb 5,6 which had UAH coming in for Carnival weekend. Regardless of who gets put in those slots, Tech's schedule just got tougher for 2020-21. Sounds like we'll know later next week how the schedule will be changed.

Comment

I might be back for college hockey in 2021-22. See y'all then. It's either Tech or RPI, and I know more of you animals.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              That was the original plan. The 100th season would kick off with the hockey alumni reunion in August 2020, but it has been postponed and moved to August 2021 to FINISH the 100th season.

With UAH pulling the plug, Tech now has two series that will get changed - Nov 6,7 which would have been at UAH and Feb 5,6 which had UAH coming in for Carnival weekend. Regardless of who gets put in those slots, Tech's schedule just got tougher for 2020-21. Sounds like we'll know later next week how the schedule will be changed.
              did not know about the reunion. good move, IMHO. will be interesting to see who fills in for UAH. surely, some program will want to come up for Carnival?
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

did not know about the reunion. good move, IMHO. will be interesting to see who fills in for UAH. surely, some program will want to come up for Carnival?
                I'm more interested to see what the WCHA does. How many league games this year? Some had four games scheduled vs. UAH, others had only two. I wonder if they had advance notice and/or if they had an option for this scenario? Also, I would think they would want to know if any other schools (i.e. UAA,UAF) are going to drop this year before finalizing another league schedule.

Comment

I'm more interested to see what the WCHA does. How many league games this year? Some had four games scheduled vs. UAH, others had only two. I wonder if they had advance notice and/or if they had an option for this scenario? Also, I would think they would want to know if any other schools (i.e. UAA,UAF) are going to drop this year before finalizing another league schedule.

I'd hope all the contingencies have been covered, but we're talking about the WCHA, so...

Comment

surely, some program will want to come up for Carnival?
                    You're assuming there will be a Carnival this year. I'm not making any assumptions at this point.
                    I'm more interested to see what the WCHA does. How many league games this year? Some had four games scheduled vs. UAH, others had only two.
                    The word is the UAH games will be filled by teams not already being played four times on the current schedule. The second pair of game would be in the other team's building.
                    So if you had Team X for two games on the road already, they could add two games in our building.

The Huskies had four games vs UAH on the original schedule and only had two games each against UAF, LSSU, FSU and BSU. So the likely schedule changes for the Huskies will be picking up four games (one home pair and one road pair) will be from the list of possible teams/locations below. (Although if this scenario isn't possible for all teams, I'm sure Tech and NMU would jump at the chance to add a third pair of games this season. Ease of travel, potential ticket revenue, each team gets a home game, etc... make adding those two games and easy choice for both schools.
                    2 vs UAF
                    2 @ LSSU
                    2 @ FSU
                    2 vs BGSU

I have to assume some other date shuffling may occur to make these schedule changes possible as UAH's departure leaves only one team available each weekend, unless there is the rare exception of an open weekend that was already in the schedule which now might get filled and leave the gap where UAH was once scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      You're assuming there will be a Carnival this year. I'm not making any assumptions at this point.

The word is the UAH games will be filled by teams not already being played four times on the current schedule. The second pair of game would be in the other team's building.
                      So if you had Team X for two games on the road already, they could add two games in our building.

The Huskies had four games vs UAH on the original schedule and only had two games each against UAF, LSSU, FSU and BSU. So the likely schedule changes for the Huskies will be picking up four games (one home pair and one road pair) will be from the list of possible teams/locations below. (Although if this scenario isn't possible for all teams, I'm sure Tech and NMU would jump at the chance to add a third pair of games this season. Ease of travel, potential ticket revenue, each team gets a home game, etc... make adding those two games and easy choice for both schools.
                      2 vs UAF
                      2 @ LSSU
                      2 @ FSU
                      2 vs BGSU

I have to assume some other date shuffling may occur to make these schedule changes possible as UAH's departure leaves only one team available each weekend, unless there is the rare exception of an open weekend that was already in the schedule which now might get filled and leave the gap where UAH was once scheduled.
                      I would prefer to see them add OOC games before a 5th and 6th game vs NMU. Possibly work something out like Joe has mentioned bringing in two teams to swap between the Mac and the Litter Box Friday/Saturday nights. Clarkson and St. Lawrence have been mentioned but I could see a possible arrangement with two of the three Colorado schools.

Comment

Problem is most OOC schedules are set 2-3 years in advance. Did UAH have any OOC opponents booked for this coming season who may now be looking for a backfill if the dates align?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Problem is most OOC schedules are set 2-3 years in advance. Did UAH have any OOC opponents booked for this coming season who may now be looking for a backfill if the dates align?
                          Here is what UAH had lined up according to Beaverhockeyfan. Neither work with Tech's current schedule without further changes.
                          ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE (0-0-0)
                          -Mass-Lowell (2) 10/9-10/10
                          -Nebraska-Omaha (2) 10/16-10/17

Comment

Anyone catch the entire conversation between Dirk and Suzanne this morning? I tuned in a few minutes late, anything hockey related right at the beginning?

They discussed that there's some concern AK schools may not be able to pay travel subsidy in this last year of WCHA, but that'll be confirmed at a Board meeting next week.
                            Moving some of the weight rooms to a larger multi-purpose room for more space and distancing this summer. Some athlete trckling back to school. They've evaluating all options of reduced capacity at sporting events, but will ultimately have to follow state, NCAA, and other guidelines. Suzanne and staff are also monitoring what others schools are doing.

Appreciated her comments on the CCHA commissioner job. Like all the finalists that are being sent to school Presidents. Need someone with hockey ties that can help the person aspect, has ties to others in this college hockey community. Will help with non-conference scheduling for pairwise purposes and one for ones for non-conf. scheduling etc.
                            Last edited by mtu_huskies; 05-27-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              Anyone catch the entire conversation between Dirk and Suzanne this morning?
                              ****. I wish I would have known she was on. Do you know if we can listen online to it anywhere?

Comment

****. I wish I would have known she was on. Do you know if we can listen online to it anywhere?

He's going to play it again right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X