Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Well, assuming we get to play hockey this season, it will be the 100th anniversary of the Michigan Tech Huskies on ice. Let's hope we can beat COVID-19 as well as every team we face, to make this year memorable for all the right reasons. End of the first century of Tech Hockey and the end of our 2nd WCHA era as well.

Go Huskies!
    Go Tech!
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

Nice! Post some pictures of year 1 if you can find them!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Well, assuming we get to play hockey this season, it will be the 100th anniversary of the Michigan Tech Huskies on ice. Let's hope we can beat COVID-19 as well as every team we face, to make this year memorable for all the right reasons. End of the first century of Tech Hockey and the end of our 2nd WCHA era as well.

Go Huskies!
      Go Tech!
      Good luck with the celebration! So much history there! Maybe they’ll be able to have a night with former players like they did for the 40th anniversary team a few years ago. It was so cool to see Zuke & Lorimer and all those guys that were a big part of what got me interested as a kid!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
        Nice! Post some pictures of year 1 if you can find them!
        The image on the left is the oldest reference I have seen to hockey on the Michigan Tech campus (then Michigan College of Mines) and is said to be from 1903.
        The image on the right is attributed to Curly Kolehmainen and the 1927-28 season, also the Michigan College of Mines Huskies.

Comment

The image on the left is the oldest reference I have seen to hockey on the Michigan Tech campus (then Michigan College of Mines) and is said to be from 1903.
          The image on the right is attributed to Curly Kolehmainen and the 1927-28 season, also the Michigan College of Mines Huskies.

Great pics. How would anyone have liked to play goalie in those "pads"?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
            Great pics. How would anyone have liked to play goalie in those "pads"?
            Probably wouldn't have been too bad as the game was a lot different then. Sticks were flat and players didn't lift the pucks. Most saves back then were in the stand up position and made with the stick rather than the body.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Very cool! Are they not smiling because they don't have any front teeth??? Thanks for posting! Post more if you find any! I guess I could post Sun Devils pic's for their 5th year anniversary but would not have the same effect

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                Probably wouldn't have been too bad as the game was a lot different then. Sticks were flat and players didn't lift the pucks. Most saves back then were in the stand up position and made with the stick rather than the body.
                Also, the slapshot was in its infancy at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  Seem to remember a rule stating that goalies could not layout or lay flat to stop the puck. Anyone ever read that?

Comment

I think the forward pass wasn't allowed then either? At least that's what the annual Hobey Baker finalist video told me.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I heard it was the Patrick brothers that started forward passing and put in the blue line, as well as changes on the fly.....1920’s maybe?

Comment

Ryan, I bet you’d love to have one of those 1903 jerseys in your collection? 😃

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                          Ryan, I bet you’d love to have one of those 1903 jerseys in your collection? ��
                          While not in my collection, I was shown the sweater below by one of the team staff in the locker room when I was a student in the mid-1990s. They said it was nearly thrown in the trash at one point as someone through it was a costume from the Copper Country Figure Skating Club. I believe today this sweater is displayed at Dee Stadium with a few other vintage Tech/Houghton related sweaters.

Comment

A bit early for this thread no?
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              A bit early for this thread no?
                              Not at all. 2019-20 is over and the offseason sucks, so let's look ahead to #mtuhky100

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X