Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    omg, Trump said he's taking Hydroxyquchloroquine to protect against COVID.

I hope this is true.

(See Tweets I posted in the POTUS thread.)
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

It's amusing that there's more worry about direct payments to individuals vs. to corporations. At least the direct pay will likely end up right back into the economy as people need to consume stuff. Whereas the corporations... who knows.

And it's a good thing that there is some reason for a company to pay people more money when they are going to risk their lives going back to work. Where the goal is to make a small amount of people a lot of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Humboldt County, California
        That fits.

I have family there

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Mrs. 316 is waiting at the hospital for results from a potential exposure at work. Tonight is going to be a very rough night if the person tests positive.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Mrs. 316 is waiting at the hospital for results from a potential exposure at work. Tonight is going to be a very rough night if the person tests positive.
            Fingers crossed for you both.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              It's amusing that there's more worry about direct payments to individuals vs. to corporations. At least the direct pay will likely end up right back into the economy as people need to consume stuff. Whereas the corporations... who knows.

And it's a good thing that there is some reason for a company to pay people more money when they are going to risk their lives going back to work. Where the goal is to make a small amount of people a lot of money.
              This is a good point. I was frustrated earlier hearing about people who were willing to risk working (in order to fix harbors and bridges) earning less than their colleagues who are sitting at home rather than work alone in a truck. But in the big picture, it will put pressure to increase wages for those who are willing to work.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Ooof. Godspeed, man.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

May the odds be in your favor.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    This is a good point. I was frustrated earlier hearing about people who were willing to risk working (in order to fix harbors and bridges) earning less than their colleagues who are sitting at home rather than work alone in a truck. But in the big picture, it will put pressure to increase wages for those who are willing to work.
                    Maybe I'm missing the point you are making, and if so my apologies, but if your employer has work for you, you are not going to be sitting home collecting unemployment. If your employer is open for business and you choose to stay away from work on the possibility you might contract or be exposed to coronavirus you are not going to be eligible for unemployment. Unemployment is for those who have an employer who let lays them off. I suppose if your employer laid off half the workforce, the other half still working could theoretically be making less money, but that generally would only happen for people who were fairly low paid or for people in the handful of states with what are relatively generous benefits.

Like with most of our social safety net, we give faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more money in corporate welfare than we ever give to people who work for a paycheck.

Comment

Good luck and best hopes for you and the Mrs. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        Maybe I'm missing the point you are making, and if so my apologies, but if your employer has work for you, you are not going to be sitting home collecting unemployment. If your employer is open for business and you choose to stay away from work on the possibility you might contract or be exposed to coronavirus you are not going to be eligible for unemployment. Unemployment is for those who have an employer who let lays them off. I suppose if your employer laid off half the workforce, the other half still working could theoretically be making less money, but that generally would only happen for people who were fairly low paid or for people in the handful of states with what are relatively generous benefits.

Like with most of our social safety net, we give faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more money in corporate welfare than we ever give to people who work for a paycheck.
                        I THINK, do NOT quote me on this, but my employer said if you are uncomfortable working during this time, we'll have a talk, and work something out. It led me to believe that "Short Term Disability" would kick in, something along those lines. That's the way my boss made it sound like. We have had a case locally, did have one scare (worker's SO tested negative), worker was out for 2 weeks, used whatever option the company was offering.

My company doesn't want to fire anyone. The "will call"/counter side of the main branch here did furlough some employees, as they are only doing curbside service, and a full staff is not needed. As for "my" side of the operation, Voluntary Time Off is offered as needed, and all the employees realize that a couple unpaid hours off are worth it, compared to losing a job (or a co-worker losing a job).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

exactly, yes?
                          so if masks are compelled, as the us stays on the green line, as that is what we have now learned works. right? experts ARE learning here as we go along. smart people are seeing what worked and what didn't, and applying those.

the us is definitely NOT going back to business as usual (6 months ago). there are distancing protocols going into place, etc.
                          now the point may have to come where violators are shot on sight (which is fine..) to motivate others. but opening up with precautions has to come about at some point.

but again, has there been documented instances where the "other" sick people were turned away or triaged to death due to capacity issues? have not found that, so if someone has mookie would love to be enlightened.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thank god.

It came back negative. I just wish I had confidence in these rapid tests.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thank god.

It came back negative. I just wish I had confidence in these rapid tests.

inshalla
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X