Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Oh look we have a poster who doesn’t engage or discuss but keeps posting crap about reopening and other drivel written by idiots

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Enough with the stupid, snarky answers. If you can't see that this has potential to have a devastating economic impact on many who are not "big corporations" then you must be even more dense than I thought.
      No one who posts here has ever once said the horrid federal response to this crisis will only affect big corporations, so who gives a 5h!t. Not once. You are inventing an issue that does not exist. Actually, those of us here have frequently expressed concern for the horrible difficulties this is putting small businesses in.

The problem today, as it will be tomorrow and as it was in January is we have a petulant little child in the White House, and millions of petulant little children in every corner of the country who believe every piece of stool sample that falls out of his 5h!t for brains mouth. A competent federal response to this would have lessened considerably the impact on businesses big and small. A competent federal response would have saved tens of thousands of tax paying consumers. There won't be a single dollar spent by any of the 100,000 who have died ever again.

Not to mention we are the laughing stock of the world and our country has been weakened greatly by 3 years of the worst "leadership" in this nation's history. I don't believe that this was ever going to happen, but maybe what the morons out there who don't seem to get it needed to see was a military attack on this nation that killed tens of thousands, because that seems to be the only thing that draws all of us together as a people. And I guarantee trump's response would have been no more competent because he is 100% INcompetent to serve as anything more than a sand trap raker at one of his golf courses.

Voting for trump wasn't a treasonous action in 2016, but voting for him in 2020 might be. At the very least you will be complicit in the destruction of what used to actually be the greatest nation around. We were never perfect. Far from it on many days. But our ideals were sound, and those ideals were why I used to fly my American flag every day. Some day I'd like to do that again. I'm not seeing it when 60 or 70 million morons out there can find any reason whatsoever to want to see trump keep breathing.

Comment

Jeb2020 you're out of your league. I'm out of this league on many days, so I know what I'm talking about here. Read more. Post less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Oh look we have a poster who doesn’t engage or discuss but keeps posting crap about reopening and other drivel written by idiots
          "We can't stay locked down for such a considerable period of time that you might do irreparable damage and have unintended consequences, including consequences for health," Fauci said in a CNBC interview.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...s-cdc.amp.html

“ The Centers for Disease Control has been lumping together tests for active coronavirus with tests for recovered patients, boosting testing totals but muddying the pandemic’s course.”

Oops

Comment

Alt or troll?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Enough with the stupid, snarky answers. If you can't see that this has potential to have a devastating economic impact on many who are not "big corporations" then you must be even more dense than I thought.
                You’ve come to the wrong place if you’re looking for even an honest assessment of the trouble created for small businesses.

First, you’ll be told it must be measured against human life, as if it’s an either/or analysis. Second, you’ll be reminded of stock buy backs, moving offshore for tax purposes, and all the other sleazy moves businesses like Bob’s Bait Shop typically exploit.

Then, if you’re really lucky, you’ll learn that all small businesses must pay the price because a wedding planner in Colorado refused to handle gay marriage.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  You’ve come to the wrong place if you’re looking for even an honest assessment of the trouble created for small businesses.

First, you’ll be told it must be measured against human life, as if it’s an either/or analysis. Second, you’ll be reminded of stock buy backs, moving offshore for tax purposes, and all the other sleazy moves businesses like Bob’s Bait Shop typically exploit.

Then, if you’re really lucky, you’ll learn that all small businesses must pay the price because a wedding planner in Colorado refused to handle gay marriage.
                  You're the real victim, here, Hovey!

Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Alt or troll?
                    Kind of surprised that USCHO is deserving of its very own Botski in such a tiny liberal enclave. Must be a trainee.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

A group of friends I'm in travel to Houghton MI and Eagle River (30 minutes north of Houghton) every year (Upper Peninsula). As of May 24, there were 2 cases, and 2 recoveries in Houghton County, and 0 cases in Keweenaw County ( https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...569246041.html )

IMO, counties like that should be opened up a tad more due to lower population density. Social distancing STILL should be required, precautions taken, etc, of course. I don't think we can treat those counties the same as counties that contain major metropolitan areas.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Kind of surprised that USCHO is deserving of its very own Botski in such a tiny liberal enclave. Must be a trainee.
                        Everybody's gotta start somewhere.

It may not be the best idea to begin your career as superficial RWNJ talking point regurgitator on this forum, which has destroyed the best that NAPALM, the Concern Police, and the Chesterton Snooty Catholic League brought to the table after years of study, but, viva the heady days of da utes!
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          A group of friends I'm in travel to Houghton MI and Eagle River (30 minutes north of Houghton) every year (Upper Peninsula). As of May 24, there were 2 cases, and 2 recoveries in Houghton County, and 0 cases in Keweenaw County ( https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...569246041.html )\
                          I dunno, man, 2 people in the UP. So, 67% infection rate?
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            You're the real victim, here, Hovey!

It’s been said that you can’t teach experience. Probably true. But where else am I going to waste time? I don’t like YouTube cat videos.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I dunno, man, 2 people in the UP. So, 67% infection rate?
                              IALTO.

Houghton is a bigger town than one might think: 8000. Yeah, I know, it's cute.

Eagle River is a population of 71. (last year, our group was about 35 people total).

Most of the cases are in southern part of the UP. Marquette is a population of about 21,000.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                A group of friends I'm in travel to Houghton MI and Eagle River (30 minutes north of Houghton) every year (Upper Peninsula). As of May 24, there were 2 cases, and 2 recoveries in Houghton County, and 0 cases in Keweenaw County ( https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...569246041.html )

IMO, counties like that should be opened up a tad more due to lower population density. Social distancing STILL should be required, precautions taken, etc, of course. I don't think we can treat those counties the same as counties that contain major metropolitan areas.
                                We may need to get to a place where we test people before allowing in. I really want to see the sensitivity and specificity on these tests so I could run numbers on how many false positives and false negatives to expect in a given number of tests

Comment

Working...
                                X