Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      I wish the face-eating leopard would stop eating my face. I mean, come on.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        And that’s why I’m not mad that he’s letting it expire.
        Me either. I will self quarantine.

Do you think he will cancel the Fair? I kinda don't think he will now.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I think the organizers will.

Either way, and I say this with sadness, I won't go.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Oktoberfest was already cancelled. Just cancel the fair and be done with it. Like grownups.

Being serious,I get it. Cancel something that big for many voters that close to the election and you get two waves of **** from the children: one now and one basically a month and a half from the elections.

Let the morons get sick if it means taking the state senate back.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-17-2020, 11:01 PM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              I think the organizers will.

Either way, and I say this with sadness, I won't go.
              There is literally zero chance they cancel it. Zero.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don’t know how many vendors will be able to secure a full staff.

Can you imagine piling on a bus to get there? Although perhaps all the grease will kill the virus as the fatties exhale

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  There is literally zero chance they cancel it. Zero.
                  You said it correctly. It'll tie into the election, and that sucks. They SHOULD cancel it. But they'll blame (x) politician, and etc etc etc. (sigh)
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The best time to reopen, slowly, would have been when the curve was bending down again. That's about 8-12 more weeks. But the greedy couldn't wait, and the dummies don't understand.

But it's fine, because nobody with a brain is going back out there, so this way optimizes the deaths going forward.
                    Except so many people will have no choice. When the places of business that are staffed by low wage workers open back up and your choice is working for a paycheck and no money at all, what are you going to choose? If we learned a few lessons in this, all the death at least would not have been in vain, but I'll believe that when I see it. Barring a true awakening of the electorate and an overwhelming blue wave election bigger than we saw in 2018, change will be small at best. More than 30 years ago a pandemic like the the world suffered in 1918-1919 would probably have brought us together and real change may have resulted. Now, I wonder if a million people dying from coronavirus would just bring us closer to civil war than to coming together.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      Except so many people will have no choice. When the places of business that are staffed by low wage workers open back up and your choice is working for a paycheck and no money at all, what are you going to choose? If we learned a few lessons in this, all the death at least would not have been in vain, but I'll believe that when I see it. Barring a true awakening of the electorate and an overwhelming blue wave election bigger than we saw in 2018, change will be small at best. More than 30 years ago a pandemic like the the world suffered in 1918-1919 would probably have brought us together and real change may have resulted. Now, I wonder if a million people dying from coronavirus would just bring us closer to civil war than to coming together.
                      I'm not sure how the furlough/unemployment works, but many are making more on the furlough bit...I'm not fond of that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going R on this...I've had some co-workers state that they are staying on furlough because of the rules and such.....

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        I think you'll find people won't die for a paycheck, especially not from the sort of turds who run businesses now.

Faced with certain death by impoverishment or certain death by work, in the entire history of the world there has not been a single instance in which people didn't pick door #3: mass violence.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          I'm not sure how the furlough/unemployment works, but many are making more on the furlough bit...I'm not fond of that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going R on this...I've had some co-workers state that they are staying on furlough because of the rules and such.....
                          If your employer is open for business and calls your a ss back to work, you go. If you don't your unemployment is not going to continue. Even if your employer is a meat packing plant and you're concerned about working shoulder to shoulder with someone who is coughing and hacking and so fevered your getting hot standing next to them. You go to work or you don't get your unemployment.

The CARES act comes into play only for employers with fewer than 500 employees in America or its possessions, and only factors in IF you are directly impacted by coronavirus, such as you are sick, or you must care for a sick family member. Then it is two weeks of pay. No more pay than what you make normally. You can also qualify for 12 weeks of 2/3rds pay if you are forced to stay home with children who need care because school or daycare was shutdown and they need your care. If your employer has more than 500 employees, you are at the whim of whatever policies they have, or in the event there is a union collective bargaining agreement at play, whatever was negotiated between union and employer.

If an employer laid you off (or furloughed, the terms mean nothing different as far as your state unemployment office is concerned) you get whatever unemployment your state would dole out to you normally PLUS the $600 extra. For many people that means their unemployment benefit might pay their entire salary and yes for a few it might be more. But again, if your employer has work for you, you can't stay on unemployment. For the 30+ million that have found themselves unemployed or otherwise forced to be separated from their jobs due to coronavirus, the vast, vast majority are making no more, or less than their regular paychecks. Don't be fooled by any other rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I think you'll find people won't die for a paycheck, especially not from the sort of turds who run businesses now.

Faced with certain death by impoverishment or certain death by work, in the entire history of the world there has not been a single instance in which people didn't pick door #3: mass violence.
                            They don't think they're gonna die Kep. You think those workers in the meat packing plants figured going to work was definitely going to kill them? No, they hope they'll be the lucky ones who don't get sick, or at least don't die, and frankly many don't even have a firm grasp on the risks anyway. Many of my union members believed this was a hoax. Until a few saw people around them getting sick it was a ploy to get rid of trump.

Comment

The US wasn’t to shelter in place until a vaccine came along, it was to not overwhelm hospitals and the system in whole.

Did the US ever reach the point where heart attack or cancer patients were turned away from the ER? Even in NYC? Stories were that navy hospital ship went largely unused. True or no?

Compel people to wear masks (no shoes, no shirt, no mask...no service) and open up. Why should Walmart get all the traffic?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Oktoberfest was already cancelled. Just cancel the fair and be done with it. Like grownups.

Being serious,I get it. Cancel something that big for many voters that close to the election and you get two waves of **** from the children: one now and one basically a month and a half from the elections.

Let the morons get sick if it means taking the state senate back.
                                Walz isn't up for re-election for two years...by then who knows if anyone even cares.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X