Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    According to Worldometers:

We are 12th in the world in cases/million (4609) and Sweden is 24th (2987).

We are 13th in deaths/million (275) and Sweden is 8th (365).

Spain seems to be handling this the worst of any major country. I'm leaving out San Marino and Andorra due to their very small populations.
    Sweden had a unique strategy: put people out there to build herd immunity and take the hits up front in order to kill the right tail. So we would expect their numbers on the front end to be worse. They may have the last laugh.

The other thing is Sweden has the best recording of any country except maybe Switzerland. Liberal country with great health care and no Republican-reactionary types to lie about data.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-17-2020, 05:52 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      And that’s why I’m not mad that he’s letting it expire.
      We paused it, so to speak. We weren't ever going to stop it.

At this point, I think we've reached the best "pause" point, so slowly open up (and get ready to dial back if it spikes)...

I agree on WI/IA. Moronic response.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        We paused it, so to speak. We weren't ever going to stop it.

At this point, I think we've reached the best "pause" point, so slowly open up (and get ready to dial back if it spikes)...

I agree on WI/IA. Moronic response.
        The best time to reopen, slowly, would have been when the curve was bending down again. That's about 8-12 more weeks. But the greedy couldn't wait, and the dummies don't understand.

But it's fine, because nobody with a brain is going back out there, so this way optimizes the deaths going forward.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          NPR is saying the current model is showing by next March Minnesota will lose 29k people. Basically the only way to stop that was to shelter in place until September. And even in that scenario 20k die. Half of Minnesota will have been infected...

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...-preventing-it

That is why he is letting it expire. Extending it isn't gonna help according to the model unless he goes months longer and that will never be accepted.

God help us if there is a bad flu season.
          That makes a lot of sense explained that way. I’m still scared. You’re all sick of me mentioning it, but having an illness where you think you’re dying is indescribably awful. Watching the numbers tell you that your liver failing and having (falsely) ruled out the benign diseases leaving some really scary options was horrible. I knew that if my liver failed, I might have a week or two left. The average person, much less the anti-mask dipsh—ts, hasn’t gone through this. The idea of getting this with asthma and knowing I could be on my last 9-10 days is pretty awful to think about. I wouldn’t wish that kind of thing on anyone.

Wear a mask. It might be the one thing that protects someone you know just long enough for a vaccine.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The best time to reopen, slowly, would have been when the curve was bending down again. That's about 8-12 more weeks. But the greedy couldn't wait, and the dummies don't understand.

But it's fine, because nobody with a brain is going back out there, so this way optimizes the deaths going forward.
            Except for those of us who have to be out there.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Except for those of us who have to be out there.
              I have to be out there. State of Michigan has declared ABA therapy essential. Door Dash and Instacart are essential.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Who didn’t see this coming

“ Like ripples in a pond, coronavirus is radiating out from its epicenters in large cities. A new analysis shows nearly three-quarters of Americans live in counties where the virus is now spreading widely. Another 200 counties have seen significant growth in infection trends in the last week, making them high-prevalence counties. As President Trump encourages states to reopen their economies, areas where his supporters are more likely to live are now experiencing their first brush with coronavirus cases.”

Comment

Who didn’t see this coming

“ Like ripples in a pond, coronavirus is radiating out from its epicenters in large cities. A new analysis shows nearly three-quarters of Americans live in counties where the virus is now spreading widely. Another 200 counties have seen significant growth in infection trends in the last week, making them high-prevalence counties. As President Trump encourages states to reopen their economies, areas where his supporters are more likely to live are now experiencing their first brush with coronavirus cases.”
                  Can you post the link to the article?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Can you post the link to the article?
                    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/497975-covid-19-now-spreading-fastest-in-small-rural-counties

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      There isn't going to be any widespread dialing it back in a lot of states no matter what happens. You think the MAGAts are gonna let that happen in places like WI, IN or MI? If cases spike in Michigan, that's when trump will blow his dog whistle and Whitmer will need to shelter in place, and not because of coronavirus. Evers has had his pee-pee slapped plenty hard and the gerrymandered legislation will make sure he can take no statewide action. Indiana's governor has been doing his best to hide his republican cred but he's sure to have used up all his ability to think by now, and his inner Mike Pence will come to the surface if deaths and hospitalizations spike in Indiana. We might see local measures in places where there are functional politicians but in red areas of any state and in red states overall people could (and will) drop like flies and either the numbers will be fudged and hidden, or it will just be chalked up to the price we pay to make sure we enrich our betters.

America proved to be even less resilient than I thought we'd be. Data shows we could barely keep up with good social distancing measures for a month in a lot of places. Recent images from places where restrictions are lifting shows people only took this seriously because they were told to, proving to me we HAD to tell them to because there was zero chance it was going to happen on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        There isn't going to be any widespread dialing it back in a lot of states no matter what happens. You think the MAGAts are gonna let that happen in places like WI, IN or MI? If cases spike in Michigan, that's when trump will blow his dog whistle and Whitmer will need to shelter in place, and not because of coronavirus. Evers has had his pee-pee slapped plenty hard and the gerrymandered legislation will make sure he can take no statewide action. Indiana's governor has been doing his best to hide his republican cred but he's sure to have used up all his ability to think by now, and his inner Mike Pence will come to the surface if deaths and hospitalizations spike in Indiana. We might see local measures in places where there are functional politicians but in red areas of any state and in red states overall people could (and will) drop like flies and either the numbers will be fudged and hidden, or it will just be chalked up to the price we pay to make sure we enrich our betters.

America proved to be even less resilient than I thought we'd be. Data shows we could barely keep up with good social distancing measures for a month in a lot of places. Recent images from places where restrictions are lifting shows people only took this seriously because they were told to, proving to me we HAD to tell them to because there was zero chance it was going to happen on its own.
                        It took the WI Supreme Court to let loose in WI. Although, they are a backwards state (honest, no bias in that statement, I promise). I can't see MN getting to that level. I think many states (I honestly can't/won't say "majority") fit that same category. The governors will dial it back if need be, and then it becomes a court fight.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/497975-covid-19-now-spreading-fastest-in-small-rural-counties
                          Thanks!

Also this gem:

By the end of March, 83 percent of counties where the coronavirus was highly prevalent were in the Northeast. But for the last five consecutive weeks, the majority of counties newly falling into the highly prevalent category have been in Southern and Western states. This week, Alabama, Texas and North Carolina have all experienced their highest numbers of confirmed cases.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Here in Michigan, we have a bunch of lawsuits winding their way through the courts and I have a hunch we'll end up like Wisconsin.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Here in Michigan, we have a bunch of lawsuits winding their way through the courts and I have a hunch we'll end up like Wisconsin.
                              I have that feeling, too. MI is a bit more...agressive than the average state.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X