Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I don’t like YouTube cat videos.
    That alone says a lot.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2020, 02:06 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Kind of surprised that USCHO is deserving of its very own Botski in such a tiny liberal enclave. Must be a trainee.
      I mean it could actually be Jeb at this point in his career.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        We may need to get to a place where we test people before allowing in. I really want to see the sensitivity and specificity on these tests so I could run numbers on how many false positives and false negatives to expect in a given number of tests
        And in the case of Eagle River, our group obviously knows each other, and we know the owners of the inn we stay at (we have all 12 rooms booked for the weekend ), we've been going up there....man, I think this year will be our 6th year (?). We've had at least 10 rooms booked since we started going, and now we have a running reservation for 2 years in advance (that is as far as their system allows them to book).

Point is, we all know that we take precautions, and we know they take proper precautions. MI is about the same level of opening up as MN right now, so I hope things continue the way they do, and I really hope both states start making extra exceptions for these really small towns, because I feel the economic impact within those small towns will really be felt. Small towns are already dying off, due to people heading for the big city. I don't want to see that accelerated.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          And in the case of Eagle River, our group obviously knows each other, and we know the owners of the inn we stay at (we have all 12 rooms booked for the weekend ), we've been going up there....man, I think this year will be our 6th year (?). We've had at least 10 rooms booked since we started going, and now we have a running reservation for 2 years in advance (that is as far as their system allows them to book).

Point is, we all know that we take precautions, and we know they take proper precautions. MI is about the same level of opening up as MN right now, so I hope things continue the way they do, and I really hope both states start making extra exceptions for these really small towns, because I feel the economic impact within those small towns will really be felt. Small towns are already dying off, due to people heading for the big city. I don't want to see that accelerated.
          You really don’t know how viruses work.

Imagine you have a forest during the dry season. Fire is ravaging the southern part. Just because the northern part isn’t actively on fire doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to have a camp fire. Especially with one or more people who think fires are a liberal hoax.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            You really don’t know how viruses work.

Imagine you have a forest during the dry season. Fire is ravaging the southern part. Just because the northern part isn’t actively on fire doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to have a camp fire. Especially with one or more people who think fires are a liberal hoax.
            I do know how they work. And as long as we follow what guidelines are in place up there, which are similar to what is going on here...

In other words, don't do what IA, WI, and SD are doing. By the end of July, it may be a little different (and it could go either way, at this point). My point is, I trust our group more than going out among a bunch of randoms who may not have taken proper precautions.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I do know how they work. And as long as we follow what guidelines are in place up there, which are similar to what is going on here...

In other words, don't do what IA, WI, and SD are doing. By the end of July, it may be a little different (and it could go either way, at this point). My point is, I trust our group more than going out among a bunch of randoms who may not have taken proper precautions.
              The relaxation of standards isn’t because they make it safe. It’s because governments were being threatened and the herd was getting restless. This was just a controlled way of releasing the water to help prevent the dam from catastrophically breaking. The town is going to be flooded still, it just buys time for people to grab their kids and dog and get to safety.

Having a small campfire in the unburned forest doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. It’s still a really bad idea.

This idea that we’re “safely” reopening is an insane lie.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Governments job is to bail out businesses that can’t bail themselves out, when it’s due to an emergency.

It’s not hard to know that. Repeal dump and bush tax cuts and pay the small businesses.

Problem solved.

Comment

The relaxation of standards isn’t because they make it safe. It’s because governments were being threatened and the herd was getting restless. This was just a controlled way of releasing the water to help prevent the dam from catastrophically breaking. The town is going to be flooded still, it just buys time for people to grab their kids and dog and get to safety.

Having a small campfire in the unburned forest doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. It’s still a really bad idea.

This idea that we’re “safely” reopening is an insane lie.
                  Then they should have shut down EVERYTHING in the first place, and made Target/Walmart/etc do only delivery and curbside, etc.

That being said, working within the guidelines, I'm going to do that. I understand if others are uncomfortable with those guidelines, and choose not to go out and do things.

What I want to happen, and what I think should happen, are two different things. I'm following along with what I think should happen, which is what is happening now. Slowly turning that dial, and also preparing to backtrack and shut things down again if need be.

Comment

In chess, the pawns go first, so go right ahead.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      In chess, the pawns go first, so go right ahead.
                      I shall, within reason. Currently, I still get my curbside, which is little to no contact, no cash transactions, etc. When the patios open up, I will maintain my 6 feet distance. In other words, I'm following the current rules in MN, which is a lot smarter than what WI is doing.

Comment

Then they should have shut down EVERYTHING in the first place, and made Target/Walmart/etc do only delivery and curbside, etc.

That being said, working within the guidelines, I'm going to do that. I understand if others are uncomfortable with those guidelines, and choose not to go out and do things.

What I want to happen, and what I think should happen, are two different things. I'm following along with what I think should happen, which is what is happening now. Slowly turning that dial, and also preparing to backtrack and shut things down again if need be.
                        Yes. They should have. But the boobs armed themselves. And are selfish.

You might have read my post but you didn’t understand it. Working within the guidelines doesn’t mean you’re being safe or smart. It means you’re ok risking your life and others’. The guidelines are just to make sure the idiots don’t start shooting more people.

And you bragged in the Lodge that you defied the governor’s orders and had an 11-person gathering. Forgive me if that doesn’t instill confidence.
                        Code:

Comment

You might have read my post but you didn’t understand it. Working within the guidelines doesn’t mean you’re being safe or smart. It means you’re ok risking your life and others’. The guidelines are just to make sure the idiots don’t start shooting more people.

And you bragged in the Lodge that you defied the governor’s orders and had an 11-person gathering. Forgive me if that doesn’t instill confidence.
                          10 people is the limit. It's not like we had 50 or 100 people. JEffC. And it wasn't bragging, it was satire/cynicism/etc. Lighten up, Francis (c)Slap Shot.

So, you're doubting Walz' orders so far? Beginning to end? Taking experts' advice?

Just because we disagree, doesn't mean I don't know how things work. And if I approach a place that is following the guidelines, but I don't feel comfortable, I'll walk away. I had to pick up some stuff from Target this past week, and I chose curbside method. I wasn't about to walk into the store. No way. There's no enforcement of the guidelines there.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Didn’t you know breaking guidelines is cool as long as you don’t go way over?

Lol. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              I mean it could actually be Jeb at this point in his career.
                              Please clap.

Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                                https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...s-cdc.amp.html

“ The Centers for Disease Control has been lumping together tests for active coronavirus with tests for recovered patients, boosting testing totals but muddying the pandemic’s course.”

Oops

Hey Chuck,is that you?

Comment

Working...
                                X