Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Go on.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

It’s too early to declare a victory for Sweden.

Comment

Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

To follow on the last part, Andy Gill of Gang of Four, who died, I think it was late January of a respiratory illness, many, including his partner, believe may have been the Covid. She wrote a long post about it, which is truly a heartbreaking read.

https://www.catherinemayer.co.uk/pos...n-14-may-16-00

When I first heard the news of his death, when the Corona news was just beginning to spread, it gnawed at the back of my head that maybe he died of it. But then I read he had a history of respiratory problems and dismissed it. But now looking at it again..........
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Id say Sweden is failing. Their neighbors are better off.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Why not, the US has.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Holy shiat

“ Up to 30% of patients who are seriously ill with coronavirus are developing dangerous blood clots, according to medical experts.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52662065

Comment

NPR is saying the current model is showing by next March Minnesota will lose 29k people. Basically the only way to stop that was to shelter in place until September. And even in that scenario 20k die. Half of Minnesota will have been infected...

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...-preventing-it

That is why he is letting it expire. Extending it isn't gonna help according to the model unless he goes months longer and that will never be accepted.

God help us if there is a bad flu season.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                My opinion is leaning towards failure too

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Humongous failure. Isn't Sweden about 1/33th the size of the USA? If so a similar rate would have us at 120,000 deaths already. We're struggling, but they are doing downright awful. If I would have had to pick one country and only one that would do worse than the U.S. it certainly would not have been Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    NPR is saying the current model is showing by next March Minnesota will lose 29k people. Basically the only way to stop that was to shelter in place until September. And even in that scenario 20k die. Half of Minnesota will have been infected...

That is why he is letting it expire. Extending it isn't gonna help according to the model unless he goes months longer and that will never be accepted.

After reading that article I think God help us is an accurate request even with a mild flu season. Very scary. As individuals we can all keep our own social distancing and safe at home measures in place, but yikes, this is going to be a rough next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      Humongous failure. Isn't Sweden about 1/33th the size of the USA? If so a similar rate would have us at 120,000 deaths already. We're struggling, but they are doing downright awful. If I would have had to pick one country and only one that would do worse than the U.S. it certainly would not have been Sweden.
                      According to Worldometers:

We are 12th in the world in cases/million (4609) and Sweden is 24th (2987).

We are 13th in deaths/million (275) and Sweden is 8th (365).

Spain seems to be handling this the worst of any major country. I'm leaving out San Marino and Andorra due to their very small populations.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        After reading that article I think God help us is an accurate request even with a mild flu season. Very scary. As individuals we can all keep our own social distancing and safe at home measures in place, but yikes, this is going to be a rough next year or so.
                        Yeah I read it twice cause I honestly couldnt believe it. Even locking down til September only fixes so much. It saves 9k lives but 20k still die.

And we are a state that was doing things (kind of) the right way. The last few weeks people havent been social distancing much at all and masks are hit or miss. Imagine the numbers in Hoaxville and Godlandia?

Even scarier was this is playing out exacgly how our Governor said it would. We were never going to be able to stop it...the question was could we spread it out enough to ease the pressure. We needed to extend the peak into July, which seems to be the case...and even with all that we cant move the needle on how many people will get infected and how many will die. And with the dumphucks all around us (looking at you Iowa...and Wisconsin...and South Dakota) there is no way we wont end up worse.

Thank god my department already went to "all classes online" cause I am going nowhere unless there is some sort of massive change.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

And that’s why I’m not mad that he’s letting it expire.

Comment

Can I be real with you? As a trans woman on this planet, I'm so tired of the "HELP! WEARING A MASK IS OPPRESSION!" line I've been hearing from Covidiots.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              According to Worldometers:

We are 12th in the world in cases/million (4609) and Sweden is 24th (2987).

We are 13th in deaths/million (275) and Sweden is 8th (365).

Spain seems to be handling this the worst of any major country. I'm leaving out San Marino and Andorra due to their very small populations.
                              You also want to look at Sweden’s economy, unemployment, etc stats to compare as many data points as possible.

The additional mortality will be verry interesting- Sweden has an aging population and already had a shortage of gerontologists to keep up with needs of elders. Sweden also has issues with information sharing amongst doctors and facilities- their emr is lacking. They also have a habit of referring outside their area for treatment if the wait is long thanks to their 0-7-90-90 rule

Comment

Working...
                              X