Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    If tRump finagles another loss into 4 more years, let's all just move to Canada. This fishing is good there.
    And with global warming, you won't even need an ice shanty!
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      The mighty Roman Empire had its Caligula, and now America does as well.

No civilization has lasted forever, granted, but this one is on an amazingly steep dive face-first into the rocks.

I didn't think I'd live to see it, and I honestly wish that I hadn't.

If tRump finagles another loss into 4 more years, let's all just move to Canada. This fishing is good there.
      I read somewhere, long ago, that the first signs of a decline of a civilization was "Gladiator Games."

When was UFC/MMA beginning?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
        While you may certainly know people who had a rough case that fell in the “Mild” segment that doesn’t change the fact that it is hardly a blip on the radar for many.

Right from the CDC, one third of cases don’t have any symptoms at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ths/index.html

Not sure how looking at the entire picture is down playing the severity?
        The three people that I knew personally who had the virus are dead.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          And, Mr Haterade, if there is a very close group of people who have known each other for 15~ years, and know that everyone has sanitized, done curbside, wore masks, etc...it's a bit different than attending someplace with some random person that may have not taken those precautions. Believe it or not, I'd trust you more than some Jim Billy Bob in Kentucky to follow protocol. (now I have to douse myself in bleach, and not because of coronavirus reasons )
          Are you talking about the Houghton group? Because you and I aren’t thinking of the same people.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Are you talking about the Houghton group? Because you and I aren’t thinking of the same people.
            I am and I know who you are referring to. And I'm gonna pull a Forrest Gump and "that's all I'm gonna say about that."
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              The three people that I knew personally who had the virus are dead.
              That is frightening and terribly sad. Condolences to you and to their families.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                That is frightening and terribly sad. Condolences to you and to their families.
                Hand to heart, and then to God. That sucks.

Comment

I am and I know who you are referring to. And I'm gonna pull a Forrest Gump and "that's all I'm gonna say about that."
                  Then what the hell are you talking about with the “We’re all careful. We know each other. It will be fine.”
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Then what the hell are you talking about with the “We’re all careful. We know each other. It will be fine.”
                    I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      The person in question is still taking precautions. The person doesn't like it, but the person is still following the rules.

Comment

There is stuff we WANT to do.
                        There is stuff that we ACTUALLY do.

That is the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                          Deny what? That I use to post under a different name? I’ve never posted with another name here.

Such a welcoming bunch.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            We easily have the means to turn off 25% of the economy for enough months for this to pass. For sure we had the means to do exactly what S Korea and Japan have done. .
                            japan what?!?!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/19...y%206%20hours)
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Please let be under the NAPALM network...that'd be epic.
                              Funny you should mention...
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Vlad's been busy.

About half of the Twitter accounts pushing misinformation about COVID-19 and calling for "reopening America" may be bots, researchers at Carnegie Mellon University said Wednesday. The tweets appear to be aiming to sow division and increase polarization during the pandemic.

"Conspiracy theories increase polarization in groups. It's what many misinformation campaigns aim to do," Kahtleen Carley, a computer science professor, said in a statement about the ongoing research. "People have real concerns about health and the economy, and people are preying on that to create divides."

She warned that the misinformation "will have a variety of real-world consequences, and play out in things like voting behavior and hostility towards ethnic groups."

Since January, the researchers have collected more than 200 million tweets discussing COVID-19 and coronavirus. They found that 82% of the top 50 influential retweets are bots, and 62% of the top 1,000 retweeters are bots, too.

Bots have been spreading more than 100 types of inaccurate COVID-19 stories, such as information about unproven "cures." But they have largely dominated the discussions about "reopening America" and ending stay-at-home orders — issues that have led to real-life protests in states nationwide.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X