Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Even though it was quieter than normal, I still expect to see this in a few weeks.
    I expect the Fibber Horde will descend upon WI Dells in a few weeks too.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Nope. **** 'em.
      No concern at all about the devastating economic impact this could have on the state?

Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        No concern at all about the devastating economic impact this could have on the state?

Wow.
        I hope some of the people that own 3,4,5 Air B&B properties default on their mortgages and people looking for year round homes actually have a shot without someone overbidding them to add to their “investment portfolio”. I might buy one and convert it to a year round rental.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I hope some of the people that own 3,4,5 Air B&B properties default on their mortgages and people looking for year round homes actually have a shot without someone overbidding them to add to their “investment portfolio”. I might buy one and convert it to a year round rental.
          I hope some of our friends whose employment and businesses rely heavily on tourism don’t lose their livelihood, homes or businesses.

Please don’t buy one of their homes if that happens.

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Wow.
            Not when the alternative is a devastating wave of death.

Wow.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I hope some of our friends whose employment and businesses rely heavily on tourism don’t lose their livelihood, homes or businesses.

Please don’t buy one of their homes if that happens.
              maybe our government should do something to make sure that doesn't happen?

Oh wait, they got billionaires and airlines to take care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                maybe our government should do something to make sure that doesn't happen?

Oh wait, they got billionaires and airlines to take care of.
                I hope the gov comes up with something. Unemployment usually isn’t to friendly to the self employed.

But to say you don’t care at all about the economic impact and “**** em” is incredibly ****ing stupid.

Comment

I'm torn on the economic impact to tourist areas.

I have no love lost to "corporate" (lack of a better term) tourist areas that rely heavily on foreign labor and the money they collect doesn't stay local. Think Myrtle Beach, SC/Pigeon Forge, TN/Wisconsin Dells, WI.

Where I do feel bad is for places like mentioned above in Maine or small resort towns in Wisconsin. There it's local small business that will feel the brunt. Joe's Gas & Grocery has 20 employees who all live within 35 minutes of the store and all have lived in the area their entire lives. They get 70% of their yearly sales between May 1 and Oct 1. That is a completely different scenario.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I hope the gov comes up with something. Unemployment usually isn’t to friendly to the self employed.

But to say you don’t care at all about the economic impact and “**** em” is incredibly ****ing stupid.
                    You don't have to deal with the Mass-holes over-running where you live every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      You don't have to deal with the Mass-holes over-running where you live every weekend.
                      Have family in places like that and thus how we know many whose livelihoods are quite literally in danger. My hometown in mass also relies heavily on tourism dollars so I get it.

I don't know what town you live in but keep in mind it is quite likely your town wouldn't be your town without the summer tourism (your favorite restaurant, coffee shop, local hardware store etc etc possibly couldn't survive without it).

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        I'm torn on the economic impact to tourist areas.

I have no love lost to "corporate" (lack of a better term) tourist areas that rely heavily on foreign labor and the money they collect doesn't stay local. Think Myrtle Beach, SC/Pigeon Forge, TN/Wisconsin Dells, WI.

Where I do feel bad is for places like mentioned above in Maine or small resort towns in Wisconsin. There it's local small business that will feel the brunt. Joe's Gas & Grocery has 20 employees who all live within 35 minutes of the store and all have lived in the area their entire lives. They get 70% of their yearly sales between May 1 and Oct 1. That is a completely different scenario.
                        Never been to those three areas you describe, but surely mixed in with the "corporate" businesses are small owned business so the influx would still likely be an economic influx to the cities.. i understand the big corporation sentiment though.
                        Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-25-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Comment

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...dangerous.html

Comment

Have family in places like that and thus how we know many whose livelihoods are quite literally in danger. My hometown in mass also relies heavily on tourism dollars so I get it.

I don't know what town you live in but keep in mind it is quite likely your town wouldn't be your town without the summer tourism (your favorite restaurant, coffee shop, local hardware store etc etc possibly couldn't survive without it).
                              Oh, you're a Mass-hole. No wonder you don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe
                                Idiot
                                Now you're starting to get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X