Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...hs-100000.html
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      This stuff gets me fuming. Poor kid.
      Grandma can be sacrificed so that mom & dad's bosses can make more millions of dollars.

Comment

This stuff gets me fuming. Poor kid.
        Darwin doesn't care that she's cute. And with parents like that she was already doomed to life as an ignorant brood sow dangling their lucky charm between her udders (yes, I'm sure it's the Death Cult), so when she dies horribly in August she'll be getting off easy.

Religion is the gom jabbar. Free yourself and you have a chance at being human.
        Last edited by Kepler; 05-24-2020, 12:52 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Veterans Day is for living vets. Memorial Day is for dead ones.
          Armistice Day was for peace. Veterans Day is for defense contractors. Memorial Day is for mattress sales.

----------------

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
          Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
          Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
          And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
          Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
          But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
          Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
          Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling
          Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
          But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
          And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
          Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
          As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight,
          He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
          Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
          And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
          His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
          If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
          Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
          Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
          Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
          My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
          To children ardent for some desperate glory,
          The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
          Pro patria mori.

-- Wilfrid Owen, 1893-1918
          Last edited by Kepler; 05-24-2020, 12:58 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            *Listened to a Rabbi the other day saying that they have a tenet in their Faith that clearly states the sanctity of life supersedes any religious requirement for following the rules of the Faith. It would directly go against this directive to have Service. It had a name but I don't remember.
            Pikuach nefesh. Saving/preserving a life supersedes any religious rule.

That's what or synagogue is communicating as well. Stay home.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

A lot is made of Hippie Jesus but he was explicitly against this.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Armistice Day was for peace. Veterans Day is for defense contractors. Memorial Day is for mattress sales.

----------------

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
                Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
                Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
                And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
                Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
                But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
                Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
                Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling
                Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
                But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
                And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
                Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
                As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight,
                He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
                Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
                And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
                His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
                If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
                Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
                Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
                Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
                My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
                To children ardent for some desperate glory,
                The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
                Pro patria mori.

-- Wilfrid Owen, 1893-1918
                Lazy people, “ The line translates: "It is sweet and fitting to die for the homeland."”
                Great poem.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

That's what or synagogue is communicating as well. Stay home.
                  What synagogue do you belong to? I grew up in Beth El (with some friends at B'Nai Emet so I was there a lot) but now everyone seems to go to Adath.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Isn't Memorial Day celebrated to thank the vets?
                    No, but it's a common mistake. That's Veterans Day/Armistice Day in November. Memorial Day is specifically for soldiers who died in combat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      What synagogue do you belong to? I grew up in Beth El (with some friends at B'Nai Emet so I was there a lot) but now everyone seems to go to Adath.
                      Beth El. Davis did my conversion, Olitzky did our wedding.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Beth El. Davis did my conversion, Olitzky did our wedding.
                        Very cool. Davis seems nice my dad likes him. I have only been back for funerals so I cant really judge.

I have a lot of cool memories of that place especially me and my cousins ditching out on high holidays and getting chased by old people yelling at us. If you ever look at the confirmation class pictures my class is the only one in regular clothes. We got caught gambling on our retreat (Rabbi Kahn was cool and joined in) and that was our punishment
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Their sacrifice for the economy is duly noted...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jesus Christ, people are stupid.

So much for all those whiners about, "we didn't need to shut the whole country down, people are perfectly capable of making the correct decisions without government forcing them to".
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I’ve got a friend in myrtle beach who is hosting parties. No distancing, no masks. They said beach is as crowded as 4th of July.

Same friend wants to come visit me in MN soon. Imma pass

Comment

Working...
                                X