Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

What do five fingers say to the face?

FREEEEEEDOOOMMM!

- Mankato Karen, probably
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

State Fair cancelled

I was so ****ing wrong.

Edit: wow, I just can’t believe the board cancelled it. Rube was right. I could not have been more wrong.

Edit 2: The last time that happened was back in 1946, due to the polio pandemic. And it was reportedly canceled only four times before that — in 1945 due to travel restrictions during World War II, in 1893 because it was up against the World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago, and in both 1861 and 1862 because of the Civil War and the U.S.-Dakota War.
      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-22-2020, 11:00 AM.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Wow. I figured they'd saddle Walz with 100% of the responsibility. I'm sure he'll still be blamed, of course.

Going with Handy's mafia theory, I wonder what concessions or favors Walz offered to them.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Wow. I figured they'd saddle Walz with 100% of the responsibility. I'm sure he'll still be blamed, of course.

Going with Handy's mafia theory, I wonder what concessions or favors Walz offered to them.
          Remember the scene in The Fast and the Furious where they poured motor oil down the one guy’s throat? The same thing except with pronto pup batter.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thank god! A month ago I said June 1st they would decide and they actually made the right decision and did it early enough to have value. The question is will the rubes now protest THE STATE FAIR

So as I have said a few times my gf has some relatives that live in Illinois that are...ummm...well lets say on the Trumper Side of Evil. One of the worst ones must have got his meds or something because he went on a rant on Facebook (not unusual) but instead of attacking Liberals he was attacking...TRUMPERS! After the State Rep in Illinois was forced to leave over the mask the Trumpers went nuts. He couldnt handle it anymore and basically said (paraphraising) "Private Business has the right to decide if you wear a mask. Dont like it, go somewhere else and give them your money! And you know what...just wear a mask! You are making them (liberals) look right because you are acting the way they say you are. People are getting sick and dying and if you just wear a mask things can maybe soon get back to normal. The longer you fight the worse this gets". she still cant believe it cause just three weeks ago she wanted to murder him for posting crap about Hydroxycloroquine.

And that story from the bar in Michigan is further proof that Walz is doing the right thing with the small opening. There is a <1% chance that people follow the rules or that bars and restaurants even make an attempt to enforce them...especially smaller ones in medium to smaller cities and towns. People cant be trusted because they have proven they cant think beyond their own risks. They dont play "Six Degrees of Separation" thinking about who can be harmed...they want to be able to drink a High Life with their friends.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Recall the state fair board!!!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

My guess is they negotiated a partial bailout. Either that or Walz said they would make restrictions so tough it made no sense to open. Hell I bet even Saint Paul was threatening them. You are talking people from all over the country (and world) shoulder to shoulder in sweltering heat and humidity for ten days. Oh lord the lawsuits...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  My guess is they negotiated a partial bailout. Either that or Walz said they would make restrictions so tough it made no sense to open. Hell I bet even Saint Paul was threatening them. You are talking people from all over the country (and world) shoulder to shoulder in sweltering heat and humidity for ten days. Oh lord the lawsuits...
                  Saint Paul doesn't have a say, do they? I thought the grounds were in Falcon Heights, technically.

Who am I kidding Saint Paul probably has a say regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I have a buddy who has a concession there. I'll ask him whether they got anything. My guess is no. My guess is the reason they made the decision this early is for people like my friend who had to place his order for supplies by June 15.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I saw one twitter reply that said she was moving to Iowa because they were still having their fair. Lol
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I saw one twitter reply that said she was moving to Iowa because they were still having their fair. Lol
                        [Powers Boothe GIF]

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Maybe. But I don’t think they’ll get anything.
                          Code:

Comment

Glad i went to the state fair last year. I cant get there every year. So itll be back when i can go again! /selfish
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I have a buddy who has a concession there. I'll ask him whether they got anything. My guess is no. My guess is the reason they made the decision this early is for people like my friend who had to place his order for supplies by June 15.
                              Any bailout wouldnt be for a while and would need approval by the legislature. And it will only go to the Fair not the vendors would be my guess. (remember I trust the Fair as much as I trust Trump) The Fair stands to lose a lot of grift...errr...profits over this.

And Saint Paul would definitely have a say.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Glad i went to the state fair last year. I cant get there every year. So itll be back when i can go again! /selfish
                                Next year's, presuming it is on, will be one heck of a gathering. Might actually avoid it for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X