Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Good.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I'd be okay with churches being open if they followed the exact same guidelines as WalMart/Target/etc. Limited % of capacity, social distance, masks, and all that.
        But in Michigan, Whitmer didn't close the churches. Pastors and denominations did. So even if Grace Episcopal WERE open, I could hear the message and half the choir, but not being able to touch anyone would make me stay away.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          But in Michigan, Whitmer didn't close the churches. Pastors and denominations did.
          As with everything else Dump does this is just empty symbolism and pwnings the libs. But people still gwan die.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Go for it. Please. Sing a lot, too. The louder the better, make sure God hears you, as you send your fellow parishioners to see him in a few weeks.

At some point, just let the morons kill themselves. I refuse to feel sorry for them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              I'd be okay with churches being open if they followed the exact same guidelines as WalMart/Target/etc. Limited % of capacity, social distance, masks, and all that.
              So in other words, not enforced and never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Depends on the Europeans, too.

With many Europeans, if they want to compliment you they say they can't believe you're an American. The stereotype about Americans is we are all:

+ rich (unless you're talking to young males this is negative because it's linked to hoarding and insensitivity to poverty)
                + brash (this cuts both ways -- W. Eur intellectuals don't like it but C. Eur dummies get really turned on by it)
                + violent and packing (they think we all have AR-15s in our luggage)
                + ignorant (both in geography and language, which, well, true)
                + great tippers!

In other words, they think we're all Republicans.
                Overtipping doesn't have anything to do with political leanings. The idea of a service charge already being included in menu prices, or that food service is anything more than a temp job for college kids and might be a career, is a totally foreign concept to North Americans and speaks volumes about how we actually value human life.

They're used to brash thanks to the British stag/hen parties, and most Americans are tame in comparison. Of course now, with Brexit complicating the Brits' ability to quickly and easily vacation in Berlin, Munich, Barcelona, and Prague... *shrug*

The main thing they expect is willful ignorance of culture and language, and that typically cuts both ways (though Democrats will certainly be more apologetic about it).

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Go for it. Please. Sing a lot, too. The louder the better, make sure God hears you, as you send your fellow parishioners to see him in a few weeks.

At some point, just let the morons kill themselves. I refuse to feel sorry for them.
                  Don't forget to pass the plate.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Overtipping doesn't have anything to do with political leanings. The idea of a service charge already being included in menu prices, or that food service is anything more than a temp job for college kids and might be a career, is a totally foreign concept to North Americans and speaks volumes about how we actually value human life.

They're used to brash thanks to the British stag/hen parties, and most Americans are tame in comparison. Of course now, with Brexit complicating the Brits' ability to quickly and easily vacation in Berlin, Munich, Barcelona, and Prague... *shrug*

The main thing they expect is willful ignorance of culture and language, and that typically cuts both ways (though Democrats will certainly be more apologetic about it).
                    Yea, I would not bin the tipping that way, too. We tip in Europe, as we are just not used to not tip. And firmly D.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      The latest attacks the botskis and trolls are pushing on Whitmer and Cuomo involve them being responsible for sending patients to the nursing homes, where they spread COVID to other senior residents.

The 4chan troll accounts are also rolling with something against Whitmer that involves her ex HS boyfriend supposedly giving her a rather gross nickname involving sexual proclivities.
                      Does it go with a certain blink and you miss it town in the UP?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wait a second...is it the contention of you guys that Europe doesnt have a whole lot of dumbass racist inbred yokels? I am pretty sure that is not nearly close to true. I met plenty in France and Scotland and well...they have about 700 years of history hating, subjugating, imprisioning and murder the "Others".

And Canada too...I am not sure if you guys are being selectively blind but just because they have Socialized Medicine and are overly polite in public doesnt mean they are some progressive loving paradise. Ask the Natives up there how they feel about it. Hell Blacks dont exactly get treated well there either. The type of racism that exists today started with Europe and their former colonies have not exactly been pushing the pedal to the metal to stop it.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 05-22-2020, 06:18 PM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          So in other words, not enforced and never going to happen.
                          I have some faith in people, pun intended. I guess, why is it ok for the stores to have different guidelines? NOTE: I am not a church-goer. Only weddings and funerals for the last (mumble mumble) years.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Wait a second...is it the contention of you guys that Europe doesnt have a whole lot of dumbass racist inbred yokels? I am pretty sure that is not nearly close to true. I met plenty in France and Scotland and well...they have about 700 years of history hating, subjugating, imprisioning and murder the "Others".

And Canada too...I am not sure if you guys are being selectively blind but just because they have Socialized Medicine and are overly polite in public doesnt mean they are some progressive loving paradise. Ask the Natives up there how they feel about it. Hell Blacks dont exactly get treated well there either. The type of racism that exists today started with Europe and their former colonies have not exactly been pushing the pedal to the metal to stop it.
                            No, the contention is solely that most Americans they meet are democrats because most Republicans don't leave the continent, and therfore they have a skewed view of what most Americans are like since they don't meet the other half unless they come here.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              No, the contention is solely that most Americans they meet are democrats because most Republicans don't leave the continent, and therfore they have a skewed view of what most Americans are like since they don't meet the other half unless they come here.
                              I wouldn't go so far to narrow it down to just democrats. Now, I wouldn't say hard-core Republicans, but there are decent conservatives out there, that are not "Republican" per the last couple years.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Patrick Ewing has the bug.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X