Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Yeah, that's, um...

The question is are they incompetent or hiding diagnoses to suck up to Dump?

Or both.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

You guys and your math...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Come on. Share it. I'm still not tired of that Jonah Ryan pic.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Come on. Share it. I'm still not tired of that Jonah Ryan pic.

I interrupted a drunken viewing of Sharknado to run to my computer to post that for ya
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

“ WATCH: Beachgoers in Gulf Shores, Alabama, defended their decision to flock to beaches and not wear protective masks over Memorial Day weekend, despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

“I mean everybody’s got to go somehow, you know what I mean?" one woman reportedly said. “In a way, I don’t want to die, but I mean, if that’s what God has in store for my life, then that’s okay."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ama-beach-over

Comment

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...183-2/fulltext
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Comment

On the link below, scroll down to the state by state breakdown of the status of new cases. It gives me some hope that the majority of states are trending downward. It will be interesting to see what the summer brings. Folks around here are already throwing caution "literally" to the wind at the local beaches. https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...aps-and-cases/
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    jfc
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      On the link below, scroll down to the state by state breakdown of the status of new cases. It gives me some hope that the majority of states are trending downward. It will be interesting to see what the summer brings. Folks around here are already throwing caution "literally" to the wind at the local beaches. https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...aps-and-cases/
                      I don't trust the numbers coming from several states. Numbers are suspect in FL, and any Google search will give pause that Covid deaths are being under-reported far more than over-reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I don't trust the numbers coming from several states. Numbers are suspect in FL, and any Google search will give pause that Covid deaths are being under-reported far more than over-reported.

I wonder if he's been drawing his information from this site at the CDC, and in particular, Table 2. Those are numbers maintained by the CDC through a few days ago.

It's an interesting table. They break it down by Covid, pneumonia, Covid and pneumonia, etc... The numbers they show for Florida are pretty close to what was in the tweet.

The column of "percent of expected death" (the third column of numbers) is fairly interesting. In that column they compare the total deaths in a state compared with what the anticipated death count should be for all causes in that state based upon the last few years, and express it by percentage. If you are above 100, there has been more death in your state. Below 100, less than anticipated.

In Minnesota, we're at 101%, so we've had more deaths than we'd normally expect, although not NYC numbers.

The U.S., as a whole, is at 99%, which is somewhat surprising.

No idea if the numbers are accurate or not, but I stumbled across that table a few days ago and found it interesting.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          “ WATCH: Beachgoers in Gulf Shores, Alabama, defended their decision to flock to beaches and not wear protective masks over Memorial Day weekend, despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

“I mean everybody’s got to go somehow, you know what I mean?" one woman reportedly said. “In a way, I don’t want to die, but I mean, if that’s what God has in store for my life, then that’s okay."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ama-beach-over
                          Perfect. DNI for her, then.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I wonder if he's been drawing his information from this site at the CDC, and in particular, Table 2. Those are numbers maintained by the CDC through a few days ago.

It's an interesting table. They break it down by Covid, pneumonia, Covid and pneumonia, etc... The numbers they show for Florida are pretty close to what was in the tweet.

The column of "percent of expected death" (the third column of numbers) is fairly interesting. In that column they compare the total deaths in a state compared with what the anticipated death count should be for all causes in that state based upon the last few years, and express it by percentage. If you are above 100, there has been more death in your state. Below 100, less than anticipated.

In Minnesota, we're at 101%, so we've had more deaths than we'd normally expect, although not NYC numbers.

No idea if the numbers are accurate or not, but I stumbled across that table a few days ago and found it interesting.
                            I suspect there has been a large reduction in: car accident related deaths, on-street murders/manslaughter, worksite accidental deaths, accidental deaths in hospitals during elective procedures that have been put on hold...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I suspect there has been a large reduction in: car accident related deaths, on-street murders/manslaughter, worksite accidental deaths, accidental deaths in hospitals during elective procedures that have been put on hold...
                              Yeah, maybe, although I thought I heard a few weeks ago here in Minnesota that our traffic fatalities were up because people were just driving too fast with no traffic on the road. I just assumed that for places like Minnesota, or the US in general, having a percentage like 101% or 99% would fall into the category of what would be an expected variation. As you go through a year, it's unlikely that you'd always sit at 100% of the average for that point in the year. There has to be some sort of variance. It's just when you look at places like NYC, New York, New Jersey, etc..., that you see some crazy numbers that are clearly outside the norm.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Huh, so only ~6k official deaths from the flu. But I hear this is just like it.

In CO for only March and April there were about 1,400 excess deaths and we're not there yet for the "official" COVID deaths through May. One other point is suicides in CO were down 40% in Mar-Apr, while calls to crisis lines were up 50%.

Comment

Working...
                                X