Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    But people really needed haircuts.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

I'm growing a mustache over here. EWWWWWW.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        That's a problem in a lot of Europe, not just Eastern Europe. England, Italy, France, Spain, it happens there too.
        Why is everyone forgetting Germany?
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          In my experience that is everywhere except coastal cities.
          You have never seen the Irish or Italian goodbye in New Haven. although i have my own version of the Irish goodbye, I walk out of the gathering by the back door without saying a word and I go fishing.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            That big Jewish funeral service in NYC would disagree.
            I had to go to my daughters apartment in Crown Heights, Queens, NYC this past Monday. There were a crowd of 40-50 Hasidim's standing on a corner maskless, all within a foot of each other. I presume they would consider the future infected to be martyr's and will just move on.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              i have my own version of the Irish goodbye, I walk out of the gathering by the back door without saying a word and I go fishing.
              That is the universal meaning of "Irish goodbye."
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                I had to go to my daughters apartment in Crown Heights, Queens, NYC this past Monday. There were a crowd of 40-50 Hasidim's standing on a corner maskless, all within a foot of each other. I presume they would consider the future infected to be martyr's and will just move on.
                The Hasidim are insane. They're "Jewish" the way Snake Handlers are "Christian."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The ultra orthodox and some orthodox will go. Most conservative, and I'm betting nearly all reform and reconstructionist will continue to observe from home.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I thought of that, and look at many churches' ceilings/space. It's monstrous in area. For the smaller churches (like the corner church in a rural small town, I get that). But something like a Cathedral that has 50-60 foot vaulted ceilings, tons of space besides seating? Adjust the rules.

Honestly, we're all kinda making up things as we go along, so make up these rules, also. *shrug*
                    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    It’s nuts. I don’t even know why I paid for my graduate degree. Everyone else is more educated and didn’t even have to pay for it.

Oh wait we’re making it all up anyway!
                    That saved some typing. Startling to realize the percentage of Americans who are completely clueless and isolated from legit news sources. Otherwise how can anyone not hear or read the discussions that are saturating legit media regarding why they are telling us how to do things? Mind boggling anyone would think people (outside the Orange Menace and his minions) is making anything up as they go. They are recommending best practices based on the current data. If the data shows different the recommendation changes. Not sure how this is so hard to fathom. Shows just how uneducated people are on scientific process.

Not sure why high ceilings would help anything. Unless people are floating a the top of the building this does nothing to help a person. The virus is not attached to helium- it isn't going to float up and away from the participants.

Link below is best article I have seen- explains in simple terms (clearly necessary) what comprises risk, what is more or less risky and why and choices you can make to lessen risk.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...summer-activit

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Being probably the least religious person on this board I agree. I’m trying to look at it from the perspective of people who might truly benefit from a live service, and what could be done with a relative degree of safety.
                    Been seeing all sorts of posts on FB from leaders in most of the mainstream Faiths. All are declining to start up and some of them are very eloquent in pointing out that they are not doing so out of fear but out of caring. Article above has a great explanation about why this is not something that will work well- it goes beyond not being able to sing or hug. You have multiple people who are coming from many places and you have no control over how safe they have been. All this stuff about the expedited service I don't get. People participate in a service for a reason. I know some Catholics who go to Mass because not going is a Mortal Sin and if they are in the building 'it counts'. I would venture to guess most Faith leaders are more interested in doing something the right way then getting the participation trophy for letting small amounts of people wiz in and out of the building to say they have been there.

IMHO If you have strong Faith you shouldn't need a building to practice it. You can miss it, wish it was possible but it is not essential that you be in a building with others to prove your Faith. A good Faith leader is going to find a way to rally the community and actively support those struggling. Think of all those people who live in remote areas and maybe see a priest a couple of times a yr for Mass. Some of them are more faithful than people who go every week.

As far as the opening thing- It seems to me this breaks along the line between those who believe God is a loving God and those who believe God is angry and vindictive. The Loving God crew is expressing the it is important to be caring and do unto others. The expectation would be that sacrifice for others is for the greater good. It is morally and ethically wrong to do something that has a high likelihood of causing harm so stay home. So far I have heard this expressed by the Lutherans (our Synod has said no until at least July 1), the Methodists, the Episcopals, the Catholics, Jews*, Muslims and some of the Baptists, the UU and the Congregationalists.

Those who believe God is an angry,vindictive God seem to believe He is looking for any reason to catch you being bad, the only way to be pleasing to God is to follow all sorts of rules and expectations- Many of which are impossible to achieve. They seem to believe you are supposed willingly martyr yourself to prove your love of God and that is more important than remembering that God told us to love one another. Around here this is a few of the fringe Baptists, the Pentacostal Fundies and some of the independent mini churches that are of the Fundie bent.

*Listened to a Rabbi the other day saying that they have a tenet in their Faith that clearly states the sanctity of life supersedes any religious requirement for following the rules of the Faith. It would directly go against this directive to have Service. It had a name but I don't remember.
                    Last edited by leswp1; 05-23-2020, 09:51 PM.

Comment

That is the universal meaning of "Irish goodbye."
                      I did the ultimate Irish goodbye in 2013, all in one week. Retired after 32 years at the rank of Fire Chief, went to Pittsburgh and watched Yale win it all, and then flew to Ireland for my retirement trip. I am blessed.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Flint, MI. Population 95943 (but most likely less than that as population has been dropping there..down 6.33% between 2010 and 2018)
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

https://***********/KFANRosen/status...206671360?s=19

People are just so ****ed stupid.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Holy ****ing ****.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Hasidim are insane. They're "Jewish" the way Snake Handlers are "Christian."
                              I've dealt with Hasidim on the nude beach in NJ of all places, for the love of Christ.

They were all men, and kept their trunks on. They were very clearly just there to gawk, and not above asking for a non-existent cigarette as an excuse to gain a closer look at my companion. I ran them off with great vigor.

But, face it, every religion -all 3,000 of them- are just as bullsh*t as theirs.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-23-2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                No worry. They are all young
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X