Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Add "sudden defenestration" to the list of possible COVID-19 symptoms.

Comment

I wonder when protesters here in police custody will start falling from windows.

We know where the right is heading. Dump has said as such.
        Last edited by Kepler; 06-02-2020, 01:01 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          So my friend who was dx with COVID works for 2 different places. One is attached to a hospital group in Mass. The other is a place out of Ohio. She is still symptomatic but cannot get a straight answer out of anyone for what would constitute return to work guidelines. Until recently Healthcare workers had to have 2 negative tests. Now they have changed the guidelines to time based or not, depending on availability of testing, need of the worker, location and what the local Health Dept says. Neither of the places has a clear answer and they have changed what they tell her each time she talks to them.

I cannot find any basis for the change to time based in any of the sites I saw. CDC is a sh1t show- truly embarrassing. No actual guidance- changed the guidelines with no citations and saying it should be State by State. Up To Date, which is the gold standard, appears to say the guidelines are changed to be looser because of need but gives no recommendation for what would be best practices.

This is a really disturbing development. We have left the WHO. We have the CDC which is no longer providing legitimate medical guidance (the experts continue to speak up but by the time stuff is posted it is gutted and diluted). I am fairly good at ferreting out stuff but I shouldn't have to try to find it on international sites. We used to be cutting edge. Not boding well. THis isn't going to be over soon and we have no reliable centralized resource- just a bunch of different medical entities trying to do the best they can with an inept gov't agency that is supposed to be organizing info and providing guidance.
          I would imagine your individual state entity would have to provide guidance here. The Federal Government no longer exists.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I would imagine your individual state entity would have to provide guidance here. The Federal Government no longer exists.
            Well, my State entity is fairly well funded and we have a crud load of medical research based here but can you imagine some of the fly over or southern states? And WT hell do you do when you are based in different places with different guidance and rules?

I get the protest thing is sucking the life outta this in the news cycle but in about 2-3 weeks we better have an answer (well, we won't but we are going to wish we did) because there are a sh1t load of people out yelling and screaming in close proximity to each other in areas where this ain't a safe thing to do (excluding it isn't safe because of all the other stuff).

This is going to even out the deaths that will come from the people who are willing to die to go sing in church.

God our Country is a cluster fv ck

Comment

Some countries that are starting to turn up in the daily deaths: Pakistan, Egypt, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile the US is still rolling 1000/day. 30k a month (ten 9/11s) and we're no longer even batting an eye. The Psychology of Large Numbers strikes again.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well we would be but we kind of have other things to worry about...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Some countries that are starting to turn up in the daily deaths: Pakistan, Egypt, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile the US is still rolling 1000/day. 30k a month (ten 9/11s) and we're no longer even batting an eye. The Psychology of Large Numbers strikes again.
                  well if qatar was in that list, it would obviously be a convenient place to dump (pun intended) stadium construction workers

mookie can only guess who is likewise filed in the totals for some of those other homelands
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

But the heat!!

Have to wonder too how bad things really are in Brazil. At roughly 2/3 of the population of the U.S., roughly 30% of total cases but only 5% for total tests. India hasn't even tested half of 1% of its population.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-03-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Well we would be but we kind of have other things to worry about...
                      No worries. With the 'other things' bringing thousands out in the street screaming at the top of their lungs and the leaders being afraid if they say anything about caution being labeled as obstructionist to getting the message out this is going to be a massive disaster. Aaaand from what I was listening to this morning the crowds are not just people with brown skin. So WHITE people will be getting sick too.

It is so disturbing how unable we are to pay attention to more than one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Have to wonder too how bad things really are in Brazil. At roughly 2/3 of the population of the U.S., roughly 30% of total cases but only 5% for total tests. India hasn't even tested half of 1% of its population.
                        Assume all the dictatorships (DPRK, PRC, Saudi Arabia, Burma, Iran) and wanna-be dictatorships (Russia, Brazil, India, Hungary, our red states) are doing everything in their power to suppress their actual death counts.
                        Cornell University

Comment

No worries. With the 'other things' bringing thousands out in the street screaming at the top of their lungs and the leaders being afraid if they say anything about caution being labeled as obstructionist to getting the message out this is going to be a massive disaster. Aaaand from what I was listening to this morning the crowds are not just people with brown skin. So WHITE people will be getting sick too.

I think the biggest issue with the protests might be who they are bringing the virus home to. Most of the people protesting look young and fairly healthy, but if they live with their parents or grandparents that could be a big problem.

As far as your post last week on when people are clear, no one truly knows at this point. Until we do people should be as cautions as possible.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

That was kind of why I worded it that way. That said though way more people than I figured at least were wearing masks. Hell I think in LA someone was handing out masks to people at their protest.

But yeah...in a couple weeks this could get real ugly. (not that it isnt now)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Where are the ****tard from the other thread to tell us again about how we should do what Sweden did?
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X