Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    **** you very much.

Ladies and gentlemen, Rube and Drew are no longer the dumbest people on this board.
    Indeed we have discovered a new level of dumb.
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-25-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Indeed we have discovered a new level of dumb.
      Sorry I'm not with you and the other sociopaths in the Die For The Dow club.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Sorry I'm not with you and the other sociopaths in the Die For The Dow club.
        This might be hard for you to understand but a locally owned inn or coffee shop needing customers to stay in business has nothing to do with the dow.

Comment

Your concern is noted. Money before lives.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            This might be hard for you to understand but a locally owned inn or coffee shop needing customers to stay in business has nothing to do with the dow.
            This.

If anything, this pandemic and the shutdowns that went with it probably made many people change their purchasing behavior and started giving their money to more local businesses, realizing that if they didn't, those businesses would not survive. Hopefully, those behaviors continue as things start to open up a little more.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Business owners during pandemic: we must think of the social consequences of our decisions and sometimes make sacrifices.

Business owners after pandemic: market efficiency dictates my decisions, I can't think about social consequences.

You guys were happy to tear the social fabric when it benefited you.

Eat it.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2020, 12:15 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Your concern is noted. Money before lives.
                Enough with the stupid, snarky answers. If you can't see that this has potential to have a devastating economic impact on many who are not "big corporations" then you must be even more dense than I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Business owners during pandemic: we must think of the social consequences of our decisions and sometimes make sacrifices.

Business owners after pandemic: market efficiency dictates my decisions, I can't think about social consequences.

Eat it.
                  That’s exactly how it is

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    This.

If anything, this pandemic and the shutdowns that went with it probably made many people change their purchasing behavior and started giving their money to more local businesses, realizing that if they didn't, those businesses would not survive. Hopefully, those behaviors continue as things start to open up a little more.
                    Indeed. We have purchased local as much as possible through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Eat it.
                      Nailed it
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Eat it.
                        Maybe the big businesses. The local places I frequent are figuring out how to follow all the safety guidelines and be open at the same time. There are places who have said they can't open up, because they are unable to operate their business within the guidelines. IMO, that is putting safety first.

The good thing is, cities are being encouraged to expand exceptions to zoning/etc for patio seating to help businesses follow the guidelines and be open. My local brewery is currently working with the city to expand their patio temporarily so they can operate safely. That particular downtown area, many places' patios are simply the sidewalk in front of the business (the city has temporary "walk around" platforms they use in summer, so pedestrians can get by).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          **** you very much.

Ladies and gentlemen, Rube and Drew are no longer the dumbest people on this board.
                          Ouch.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Nailed it
                            Yes, I quoted kep before he added in the eat it part. Now it’s even better

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...le-damage.html

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Yes, I quoted kep before he added in the eat it part. Now it’s even better
                                It’s no different than companies buying back stock during the good times and demanding bailouts during the ****ty times. That’s not how this should work. Buy back in the good times, sell off in the bad. No different than you or I saving money for downturns.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X