Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I'm 55. I think of someone who was 55 when I was born and what they lived through.

Their earliest memories are of the horror of maybe losing a dad in WWI or entire towns wiped out by the Spanish Flu. They were coming of age and probably trying to start a family and make their mark when all of a sudden comes the unbelievable misery of the Great Depression, and they didn't endure that for months, but for years.

If they survived that they got to live through the worst calamity the world had ever faced in WWII. If they stayed on the homefront they gave up plenty of freedoms and were asked to sacrifice far more than I have been asked to do and if they put on a uniform and crossed an ocean to help the Russians (yes, the Russians) literally save the world, they lived through a series of horrors no human being should be asked to live through.

They watched one beloved president die and another shot down in the prime of his life. Maybe they had a son drafted into the military and sent off to die in Korea, or perhaps they held off having kids until after WWII along with the rest of the baby boomers only to see a son drafted to fight a war that eventually the majority of the country believed was futile and lost him in it.

Somehow though being asked to wear a mask is a hardship more egregious than the things someone born in 1910 lived through for decades on end.
    Wear a mask? Try not getting a haircut for two months.

The horror. The horror.

Generation of spoiled-*** sissie babies.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Speaking of:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Wear a mask? Try not getting a haircut for two months.

The horror. The horror.

Generation of spoiled-*** sissie babies.
        Tell me about it. I had my haircuts like clockwork, every 4 weeks almost to the day (and even that had my hair longer than I liked). The week they shut down everything in WI was my week for a haircut. I'm working on 3 months now and look like a dang hippie. It's just not fair. Real American patriots keep their hair high and tight. I guess I'll just have to go fondle a gun to get me through this nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Speaking of:

Should have stayed anonymous. He'll get death threats from the Dumpies. FREEDUMB!!!
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Speaking of:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: The Hypocrite. In some circles he is called a Republican. In others he is known as a Conservative. Slang terms include Right Wing Nut Job, Mouth-Breather and MAGAt. These terms all have essentially the same meaning, and can be used interchangeably in almost all communication.

I would be willing to bet my life that customer was not demanding the same rights for gay people who wanted to get a wedding cake made at some baker's who said it was a violation of their rights to have to make a cake for two dudes or two ladies.

Comment

Oh, a cake for two ladies is fine. As long as that guy gets to watch them wrestle in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Should have stayed anonymous. He'll get death threats from the Dumpies. FREEDUMB!!!
                All death threats should be forwarded on to his parents for that spelling of his name.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Oh, a cake for two ladies is fine. As long as that guy gets to watch them wrestle in it.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxp3zqIqO68
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Link doesn't match your headline.
                    Let's try this again...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So glad we are opening up...the numbers just keep going down!*

*if you assume numbers are lying to you

Your Worldometer Top Ten New Cases

Illinois: 2268
                      California: 1909
                      New York: 1892
                      Virginia: 1229
                      Maryland: 1208
                      Flo(R)ida: 1204
                      Louisiana: 1188
                      Pennsylvania: 1125
                      Mass: 1114
                      Texas: 1091

Honorable Mention: NJ: 827, Ohio: 757, Indiana: 662, North Carolina: 649, Georgia: 604

Ten states with over a 1000 new cases. 9 more with over 500 including the above mentioned along with Iowa, Alabama, Minnesota and Michigan.

Your Worldometer Top Ten Deaths

Illinois: 82
                      Mass: 82
                      Michigan: 69
                      Ohio: 58
                      Georgia: 57
                      Connecticut: 53
                      Texas: 50
                      Flo(R)ida: 49
                      Indiana: 49
                      Maryland: 36

Honorable Mention: Minnesota: 32, Missouri: 28, Virginia: 25, Louisiana: 21

(not everyone has reported yet)

So far 1200 dead and 24k new cases with those numbers certain to rise. And it is spreading everywhere now. East/West/North/South and middle all very much represented and on the rise. Ironically we will pass 100k dead on Memorial Day. (at the latest)
                      Last edited by Handyman; 05-21-2020, 04:34 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        None of us blame you...I mean you did go to UND
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

All that explains is why the beer article went first...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The US the only country in the world with 5 digit new case numbers every day.

I guess that's cause our testing is so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              The US the only country in the world with 5 digit new case numbers every day.

I guess that's cause our testing is so good.
                              Also because some states are lumping the antibody test results in with the viral test results.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

These Minnies are nothing like the grinning, shoulder-shrugging Norskies of my youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X