Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Like I said, everyone now has degrees in Epidemiology and Constitutional Law.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      No, but it's a common mistake. That's Veterans Day/Armistice Day in November. Memorial Day is specifically for soldiers who died in combat.
      Just so everyone knows, the beginning of the post being referred to was an attempt at sarcasm. I've always known we CELEBRATE our vets on Veterans Day and our active duty troops on Armed Forces Day while we COMMEMORATE those who gave their lives on Memorial Day. It has been a pet peeve of mine for years now that our culture of crass consumerism has turned the entire notion of Memorial Day on its ear. Think of the sadness Charlie Brown feels when the same thing happened to Christmas in the famous TV special.
      Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 05-24-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Cool.

“ A Colorado man has been charged with attempted murder after police say he shot a Waffle House worker after being told to wear a face-covering inside the restaurant during the coronavirus pandemic.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/498721-man-accused-of-shooting-waffle-house-employee-after-being-told

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Like I said, everyone now has degrees in Epidemiology and Constitutional Law.
          Better yet we're all even smarter than all them folk since we ain't need no fancy book lernin to know everthing there is to know bout that there epeedeemeology and the konstitushun. Book lernin ain't fer real men, men who know how to hunt, fish and change the spark plugs in the Chevy. Besides everyone know book lernin turns you gay or into some sissy cityboy.

Comment

Does anyone understand why people are so upset at Dominic Cummings? I can understand not agreeing with what he did, but the level of outrage just seems insane.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Bar Harbor Maine has been incredibly quiet this weekend. I may have a summer where I’m not ****ed off at the states of Massachusetts and New York for making it impossible for me to park.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                Bar Harbor Maine has been incredibly quiet this weekend. I may have a summer where I’m not ****ed off at the states of Massachusetts and New York for making it impossible for me to park.
                Channel 2/6 news has a camera in Bar Harbor, at 6.20 or so their was absolutely no one on the sidewalk by Geddys. Next winter the state will lucky if they can plow the roads . Definitely want to make sure Marijuana retail stores don't open so the state can't bring in that 10% sales tax.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    Yeah, I thought early on Friday that my town was going to be the usual holiday weekend Mass-hole invasion, but by the afternoon I could see that while it was busier than it has been the past few months, for the most part, people stayed away, and it was far from your typical Memorial Day weekend.

Which is fine by me. In fact, I hope it stays this way all summer.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Yeah, I thought early on Friday that my town was going to be the usual holiday weekend Mass-hole invasion, but by the afternoon I could see that while it was busier than it has been the past few months, for the most part, people stayed away, and it was far from your typical Memorial Day weekend.

Which is fine by me. In fact, I hope it stays this way all summer.
                      Aren't you guys a bit concerned about the dearth of flat-lander dollars over the summer?

Even as a displaced Mainer, I am, and so is my family from Millinocket to Portland. The tourist bucks drive the bus for much of the State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Aren't you guys a bit concerned about the dearth of flat-lander dollars over the summer?

Even as a displaced Mainer, I am, and so is my family from Millinocket to Portland. The tourist bucks drive the bus for much of the State.
                        I’m not sure if it is accurate or what the exact parameters were (what exactly they were including etc) but on radio I was listening to a discussion that approximately 1/3 of total retail sales in Maine was from summer tourism.

That’s a big number.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Pikuach nefesh. Saving/preserving a life supersedes any religious rule.

That's what or synagogue is communicating as well. Stay home.
                          Thanks!
                          Priest said Mass in Waltham today and handed out communion with bare hands to a line of parishioners. I just shook my head.

My Auntie has a house in Maine that is in a little community by Cornish. Just over the NH border. I keep saying they don't have community spread where they are but all it takes is a few knuckleheads from outside the area and poof! You guys get a lot of peeps from hot spot areas who come up and let their hair down, act like a55es before this and do a lot of dumb stiff. How many of those tourist $ are going to be spent taking care of the cost of people getting sick?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

If you guys think that’s bad you should see Alaska: No tourism because the cruise ship industry crashed AND the price of oil has crashed. Gonna be fun.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Nope. **** 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Thanks!
                                Priest said Mass in Waltham today and handed out communion with bare hands to a line of parishioners. I just shook my head.

My Auntie has a house in Maine that is in a little community by Cornish. Just over the NH border. I keep saying they don't have community spread where they are but all it takes is a few knuckleheads from outside the area and poof! You guys get a lot of peeps from hot spot areas who come up and let their hair down, act like a55es before this and do a lot of dumb stiff. How many of those tourist $ are going to be spent taking care of the cost of people getting sick?
                                Even though it was quieter than normal, I still expect to see this in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X