Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    For a point of clarification (dx and I are also in this group) this is one hotel of about 15 rooms and a small restaurant. Right now the hotel isn't even open and the restaurant is only open for takeout.

Still doesn't mean it's a good idea to go even if the owner decides to open up for us. There's a decent chance I won't just because I will have to go through to large airports just to get there.
    It's 12 rooms, and the airports for you are a very valid point.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    and if people like Bezos were not sheltering everything off shore, there would be plenty to make sure that things were just kept going, and small companies would not shut down, permanently.
    Yay, America.
    This is something that gets in my craw. We don't need to increase taxes, we need to stop the sheltering.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

There are no economic benefits to either Bush or dumpy tax cuts. So we should do both.

Most strong European counties have much higher taxes than we do, and they flourish just fine. And can take care of their own when there is a major problem. So we know it will work just fine. If not for greed.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        There are no economic benefits to either Bush or dumpy tax cuts. So we should do both.

Most strong European counties have much higher taxes than we do, and they flourish just fine. And can take care of their own when there is a major problem. So we know it will work just fine. If not for greed.
        What I am saying, is get rid of all tax shelters and a LOT of tax breaks. That is a TON of money.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          What I am saying, is get rid of all tax shelters and a LOT of tax breaks. That is a TON of money.
          Restore the tax brackets to 1980. Or 1960. And claw back every dollar in the Caymans.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

And the people have a better quality of life and are much happier, overall. Crazy concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Restore the tax brackets to 1980. Or 1960. And claw back every dollar in the Caymans.
              Truth with a capital T.

Comment

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...ealth-52543692

“Our constant focus on the most negative impacts of the epidemic means we have "lost sight" of the fact the virus causes a mild to moderate illness for many, says Dr Amitava Banerjee, of University College London.“

“In future, we need to stop looking at coronavirus through such a "narrow lens", he says. Instead we should take more account of the indirect costs, such as rising rates of domestic violence in lockdown, mental health problems and the lack of access to health care more generally.”

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Enjoy your zoom metings this week.
                    Sorry, my company uses Cisco Webex.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      It's 12 rooms, and the airports for you are a very valid point.

This is something that gets in my craw. We don't need to increase taxes, we need to stop the sheltering.

Why not both?

All you people worried about the economic fallout, how small businesses are suffering and sacrificing, but God forbid millionaires are ever asked to sacrifice anything.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

In fairness to our new guest, I’d much rather see Jeb in 2020 than Trump in 2020

Comment

In fairness to our new guest, I’d much rather see Jeb in 2020 than Trump in 2020
                          Thanks! Keeping with that note here is another funny joke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-22/social-distancing-circles-drawn-on-grass-at-san-francisco-parks%3f_amp=true

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                            https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...ealth-52543692

“Our constant focus on the most negative impacts of the epidemic means we have "lost sight" of the fact the virus causes a mild to moderate illness for many, says Dr Amitava Banerjee, of University College London.“

“In future, we need to stop looking at coronavirus through such a "narrow lens", he says. Instead we should take more account of the indirect costs, such as rising rates of domestic violence in lockdown, mental health problems and the lack of access to health care more generally.”
                            Every person I know who has had it medically speaking has had a ‘mild’ case, but that certainly isn’t how I would describe what they have told me about their experience. It also drags on forever and at this point no one knows if there will be any long term consequences. Articles downplaying the severity are doing a massive diservice.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Thanks! Keeping with that note here is another funny joke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-22/social-distancing-circles-drawn-on-grass-at-san-francisco-parks%3f_amp=true

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Every person I know who has had it medically speaking has had a ‘mild’ case, but that certainly isn’t how I would describe what they have told me about their experience. It also drags on forever and at this point no one knows if there will be any long term consequences. Articles downplaying the severity are doing a massive diservice.
                                While you may certainly know people who had a rough case that fell in the “Mild” segment that doesn’t change the fact that it is hardly a blip on the radar for many.

Right from the CDC, one third of cases don’t have any symptoms at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/22/health/cdc-coronavirus-estimates-symptoms-deaths/index.html

Not sure how looking at the entire picture is down playing the severity?

Comment

Working...
                                X