Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

This whole thing is interesting, but scroll down to "Stringency Index."

It gives a good indication of the ineptitude and impotence of the Dump/GOP response.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

FOX of course had a Dr on saying cases were down in reopened states and something is going on.

Not censored data of course. Just natural reduction of the virus.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by jf_gophers View Post
        FOX of course had a Dr on who was lying.
        fyp

Comment

I've heard reports on the radio (NPR headlines) about states that opened up on Monday or last week experiencing an uptick in cases. I don't think you can ascribe a reported uptick on Wednesday morning to opening up 2 days ago or possibly even last week. What you CAN pin it on is all the repeated reporting of data gathered saying in most places we stopped social distancing a few weeks ago as people were starting to get antsy. Especially in places where they knew the restrictions were soon to be lifted anyway.

What is going to happen in this country is within a few more weeks there are going to be no restrictions of any kind, other than possibly retail being limited to the number of people allowed in buildings at any one time and sports being played in empty stadiums and arenas. And for the locations with restricted numbers based -- for instance -- on square footage, compliance will be spotty at best in a lot of places. And hospitalizations and death rates are going to rise. (number of cases anymore is not a number that is useful for basic analysis since testing is all over the place depending on locality)

Those of us with functional brains are going to continue to severely limit our circle of contacts, wear masks, wash our hands 25 times a day and generally self-enforce a sort of stay-at-home measure. We'll be somewhat protected. MAGAts will take no precautions whatsoever and while that will create more of a risk for those of us who do believe in science, epidemiology and care at least a little bit about our neighbors, it will create a much greater risk for the MAGAts and their tribe.

Five years from now if we still have a functioning society (and if we don't here, some other country can study us as an example) researchers are going to look at year over year death rates and compare 2020 and 2021 to previous years. We know that the excess deaths can fairly be attributed in many cases to coronavirus OR SOME RELATED ILLNESS. I wouldn't be surprised if that number is absolutely staggering. I think years from now we will look at the coronavirus pandemic in this country as every bit as bad as the 1918 flu pandemic and we will attribute a similar number of dead to it.

Comment

ProPublica is a national treasure

https://projects.propublica.org/reopening-america/
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              ProPublica is a national treasure

https://projects.propublica.org/reopening-america/
              Unless the number of cases are being completely suppressed across the board, there are enough states with or without SAH orders long enough to at least modestly judge trending results, and as such it's far from settled that SAH absolutely works, or that no-SAH absolutely would result in calamity.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Unless the number of cases are being completely suppressed across the board, there are enough states with or without SAH orders long enough to at least modestly judge trending results, and as such it's far from settled that SAH absolutely works, or that no-SAH absolutely would result in calamity.
                The other problem is with basically no enforcement did people even stay at home? I think the mobility data for most states shows a ~40-50% decrease in mobility. So not exactly strict adherence. If you look at places that didn't F around it's pretty clear they work, but Americans had 5hit to do...

Comment

They did at first but as it wore on it got way worse. hell Minnesota was one of the better states and by the end even we ranked low when they looked at the data. (I believe we ranked a D)

People are stupid.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      They did at first but as it wore on it got way worse. hell Minnesota was one of the better states and by the end even we ranked low when they looked at the data. (I believe we ranked a D)

People are stupid.
                      I think a lot of states were getting As and Bs at the beginning of April, but at the end of the month those As and Bs were Cs and Ds. Sort of like my academic record in high school. All A's as a freshman, some Bs as a Sophomore, got drivers license and discovered dating and as a Junior it was all Cs. As a Senior I was able to pass only because most of the teachers liked me.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        I retweeted that. That is perfection.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wisconsin woman, treating her Lupis for 19 years by taking Hydroxychloroquine, catches Coronavirus.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

rotflmao
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Lower court rules in favor of Whitmer and the AG's office says these claims are typically unsuccessful. Republicans throw a temper tantrum in aisle 5.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                So they don't work on contingency?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X