Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Then they should have shut down EVERYTHING in the first place, and made Target/Walmart/etc do only delivery and curbside, etc.
    Absolutely. And you know why? We as a country could not effectively test, can not effectively trace and our healthcare system fails as soon as demand exceeds the targeted profit margin, we're populated by an unmanageable number of selfish, petulant little children who cannot ever be counted on to act in anything but their own narrow self interests and reflexively oppose anything proven experts suggest because of freedom. So we were left with one effective choice to keep deaths at a more reasonable 100,000, a shutdown.

If anyone tells me the United States is still the greatest country in the world I'm gonna punch them in the throat.

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Didn’t you know breaking guidelines is cool as long as you don’t go way over?

Lol. This is why we can’t have nice things.
      And is "10" the absolute scientific number? Are you sure it isn't 7? Or maybe it's 15? How did they arrive at 50 people for patio seating? Were there tests done?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It wouldn’t matter - people like you would question and violate anyway because you don’t seem to understand the scientific method and adjustments

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          In chess, the pawns go first, so go right ahead.
          Mikhail Tal: Pffft.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In other words, I'm following the current rules in MN, which is a lot smarter than what WI is doing.
            Ya bunch of *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Mikhail Tal: Pffft.
              Used strategically, pawns can greatly elevate their status in the game.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Ya bunch of *******.
                Pus ies? Really?

Ya bunch of *******.

Comment

Used strategically, pawns can greatly elevate their status in the game.
                  That was Tal's whole thing. He'd figure out how to spot you a queen for material advantage in exchange for a positional advantage that was so great he'd win.

Chess lore is full of stories of grandmasters grabbing a major piece from him, surveying the board, and immediately resigning.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    No one who posts here has ever once said the horrid federal response to this crisis will only affect big corporations, so who gives a 5h!t. Not once. You are inventing an issue that does not exist. Actually, those of us here have frequently expressed concern for the horrible difficulties this is putting small businesses in.
                    Not true. Only a few pages back Rufus was asked if he was even a bit concerned about how the lack of tourism would affect Maine business this summer.

He response was "No. **** Them"

It sounds like he was real concerned.

Comment

538 breaks down the near term projections.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        You’ve come to the wrong place if you’re looking for even an honest assessment of the trouble created for small businesses.

First, you’ll be told it must be measured against human life, as if it’s an either/or analysis. Second, you’ll be reminded of stock buy backs, moving offshore for tax purposes, and all the other sleazy moves businesses like Bob’s Bait Shop typically exploit.

Then, if you’re really lucky, you’ll learn that all small businesses must pay the price because a wedding planner in Colorado refused to handle gay marriage.

First, I'm as much a Trump hater as anyone on this site. However, I think the tone you guys (and Deutsche) are addressing "eric" with is a little strong. He hasn't attacked anyone here, at least not today. I have no problem with any of us expressing anger or frustration in a direct or forceful manner -- like the way NDHockey did earlier -- but, unless someone truly starts it first, we shouldn't be "attacking" anyone who's discussing or debating us in a respectful manner.

Hovey, in regards to your comment about opening up vs protecting human life being an "either/or argument"; unfortunately, if you strip it down to the nitty gritty, that's exactly what the argument is. Now, before any of you get too excited, let me clarify. Until we either get a vaccine or a therapeutic that literally keeps 99.9999% of anyone who gets it from going to ICU, the ONLY way to truly limit/minimize the spread is to (other than front line workers) completely shut everything down and limit people from leaving their homes to either grocery shopping, medications, or genuine health emergencies. However, we've obviously seen what that does to our economy. So Hovey, although it may make you uncomfortable to have to think about it as an "either/or" argument, that's exactly what it is.

The reality is, our government could choose a different way to address the economic challenges that come with keeping things shut down for an extensive period of time that would genuinely limit the damage to both individuals and small businesses. But, those currently in power -- especially in the Republican party -- are far more concerned with maintaining that power for the 1%. It's really that simple. So sure, based on the path they have chosen, the only way to "save" the economy is to try and open it up. But that's the point, they CHOSE to take this path. So, it's only fair then to put them and (apparently you as well) on the spot by asking one simple question; what is the specific number of preventable/unnecessary deaths that would prevent you/them from opening up the economy? 50K, 500K, a million? I've asked this question to over 30 plus people in the last four weeks and, funny, literally not a single one has been willing to provide an answer. It sucks to have to assign a literal life or death value to earning a dollar but, that's the current reality we're living in. So Hovey, what do you say? Are you willing to provide a number?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Enough with the stupid, snarky answers. If you can't see that this has potential to have a devastating economic impact on many who are not "big corporations" then you must be even more dense than I thought.
                          Yes, I completely understand that. Maybe our politicians should do something about that.

Where's Donnie's big economic recovery plan? I mean, he's had months to be working on it. Just like he's had months to do something about ramping up testing, and putting a contact tracing program in place.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Ouch.
                            it's a compliment.

Comment

A group of friends I'm in travel to Houghton MI and Eagle River (30 minutes north of Houghton) every year (Upper Peninsula). As of May 24, there were 2 cases, and 2 recoveries in Houghton County, and 0 cases in Keweenaw County ( https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...569246041.html )

IMO, counties like that should be opened up a tad more due to lower population density. Social distancing STILL should be required, precautions taken, etc, of course. I don't think we can treat those counties the same as counties that contain major metropolitan areas.
                              You know why those counties have had only 2 cases, and 2 recoveries? Cause there aren't tons of people going up there and bringing the virus with them. When tons of people start going there, as you want, conditions change.

That's why I don't want the Mass-holes and the rest of the tourists coming to my town. Cause they can't be counted on to do the right thing and quarantine, social distance, and all the other things that need to be done to prevent the spread of this virus.

We've all seen the pictures. I don't want that in my town.

Comment

I shall, within reason. Currently, I still get my curbside, which is little to no contact, no cash transactions, etc. When the patios open up, I will maintain my 6 feet distance. In other words, I'm following the current rules in MN, which is a lot smarter than what WI is doing.
                                Virus don't care about no rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X