Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Why not both?

All you people worried about the economic fallout, how small businesses are suffering and sacrificing, but God forbid millionaires are ever asked to sacrifice anything.
    Move forward in increments. Stop the shelters/breaks. See what happens. Then adjust accordingly. I'm okay with that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Move forward in increments. Stop the shelters/breaks. See what happens. Then adjust accordingly. I'm okay with that.
      Containment of Healthy People is not going to stop a virus from spreading. It’s like trying to stop the wind from blowing. Good luck with that.

Enjoy your trip Rube.

Use time and resources to protect the most vulnerable. Which was a failure of epic proportions the first go around.

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
        Containment of Healthy People is not going to stop a virus from spreading. It’s like trying to stop the wind from blowing. Good luck with that.

Enjoy your trip Rube.

Use time and resources to protect the most vulnerable. Which was a failure of epic proportions the first go around.
        What in the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about tax money.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          What in the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about tax money.
          Your trip to Michigan you have been talking about for numerous posts.

Comment

It's nice to know it isn't just trumps rubes and dupes who are god awful stupid. Jeb2020 is clear evidence it is all republicans. I remember when I used to think republicans were smart. The nice gentleman who lived next door to us growing up, the husband of my mom's best friend was a republican. Educated, friendly, management type. Cared about his neighbors. When did that all go away for republicans? Oh well. Enjoy your time on the board Jeb2020, but you're just too stupid to be tolerated. Welcome to "ignore poster."

There we go... the board already looks smarter
            Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 05-25-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
              Your trip to Michigan you have been talking about for numerous posts.
              And we're going to take all health precautions seriously. If we cannot stay at the inn, we won't. We won't complain about it. We'll eat our food on the beach, with space inbetween us, and then camp out or sleep in our cars or whatever. In other words, follow the rules that are currently in place.

Comment

Good Chat NDHockey.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...ng_this_virus/

You make some real compelling points. But I’m going to stick with Mike Osterholm on this one.
                Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-25-2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

What was the name you posted under previously. Please don't try and deny it...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Please let be under the NAPALM network...that'd be epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Deny what? That I use to post under a different name? I’ve never posted with another name here.

Such a welcoming bunch.

Comment

Welp, this is why traveling during a pandemic (attn: Rube) isn't the brightest idea...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/25/grand-traverse-travelers-visitors-positive-coronavirus/5256912002/

Two people visiting Grand Traverse County from out-of-state tested positive for COVID-19 over the holiday weekend, according to a Monday report from the Grand Traverse County COVID-19 Joint Operations Center.

The Grand Traverse County Health Department conducted a case investigation and contact tracing. As a result, six individuals in the county are now self-quarantining and will be monitored for the next 14 days.
                        Because the two visitors are not residents of Grand Traverse County, they will not be included in the county’s number of positive cases. As of Monday afternoon, Grand Traverse County was reporting 23 positive cases, six probable cases, 14 recoveries and five deaths.

On Monday, the Traverse City Ticker reported that the two out-of-state travelers came to Grand Traverse County to visit family. They were both symptomatic, and one has since been hospitalized, while the other is in quarantine in a contactless hotel room.

Six family members who were exposed are in self-quarantine and being monitored by the health department, the Ticker reported. Health officer Wendy Hirschenberger told the Ticker there does not appear to be any community exposure since the travelers came to the area to specifically stay with family.

Hirschenberger warned that the popular tourist destination would continue to see these types of incidents throughout the summer.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Welp, this is why traveling during a pandemic (attn: Rube) isn't the brightest idea...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/25/grand-traverse-travelers-visitors-positive-coronavirus/5256912002/
                          This is where "trust" kicks in a little. The weekend gathering I attended this past Sat excluded a couple people, because they didn't exactly take precautions/quarantine themselves. Couldn't take that risk. For our MI trip, we have done those things, and even THEN, I know DX had a health scare last year, so I can understand his hesitation, and MNS mentioned airports, so I understand his hesitation.

Overall, live your life, BUT take precautions. Follow the rules, and then some, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            The relaxation of standards isn’t because they make it safe. It’s because governments were being threatened and the herd was getting restless. This was just a controlled way of releasing the water to help prevent the dam from catastrophically breaking. The town is going to be flooded still, it just buys time for people to grab their kids and dog and get to safety.

Having a small campfire in the unburned forest doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. It’s still a really bad idea.

This idea that we’re “safely” reopening is an insane lie.
                            This is a great post. Went right over the head but it is spot on.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            It wouldn’t matter - people like you would question and violate anyway because you don’t seem to understand the scientific method and adjustments
                            This. They put rules in place for a reason. No amount of rationalization about how you think they are arbitrary negates that you didn't comply. Now multiply that by the millions of people who are also very special and have a real reason they need to do what they want. This is why we can't have nice things.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            Yes, your group of 30 is fine. What what about the people that are in the resort the week before? Or the week after? They infect the innkeeper who then infects their family and staff. And because it's the Backwoods, MI, odds are they went down to the Houghton Wal-mart and spread it there too. And now a place with just 10 hospital beds has to deal with this...

It sucks to admit, but all it takes is ONE person to tumble the house of cards here.
                            Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            And you're assuming that the inn doesn't sanitize the hell out of everything. Clue: they do. They actually shut down a couple months ago, due to a possible scare. False alarm. Currently, they are working on outdoor seating in case they cannot open up, and have to follow patio seating rules. The owners are being more cautious than necessary, which is good.
                            I know you are an intelligent person so I am struggling to understand why you are not grasping the facts. There is no way you can assure yourself that no one will be carrying the virus unless all of you (visitors and staff) have been isolated for about 2 weeks. Isolated means no contact with anyone for 2 weeks. The minute anyone has contact with any outside source you cannot guarantee there will be no spread. This is reality. Even if you were to test each person as they arrived you cannot guarantee they are negative.

The mr and I have been nowhere in months now. lilnsl works at a market and lives in our house. He is uber careful but he works in a place that is considered at risk and spends a lot of the day fending off idiots that feel special and think they should be able to do x just this once because [fill in no good excuse] ~ Ergo we are ALL considered high risk to be around. All it takes is one person being in the wrong place and time and off you go.

Social distancing is safer but it is not completely safe. The more people you are near the higher the risk. You add in alcohol (decreases immunity), poor sleep (decreases immunity) and long periods of being in an area with a group and the risk will go up. There are 30 people. You have 30 chances of exposure, coming from all over, traveling to one place. There will be people who were very careful for the weeks before and those who were very careful except when they took a little break from being very careful. Even if they were careful they could have been buy someone who was not careful. One little break is all the virus needs. If even half the people have your flexible interpretation of what is an appropriate measure you are at risk. Add to that you have no idea if the people those people have had to be around have a flexible interpretation of risk aversion.

I really struggle with the tendency for people to consider risk only in the context of themselves. Contact tracing- the avg person has had 15 contacts. Even if they were being careful the lowest it usually goes is a bit over 2 people per person. Each of those people has the potential to have had the same # of contacts. This is the L'Oreal commercial on steroids.

It is so weird to realize when you deal with patients who are immuno-compromised it is extremely rare to have the patient fail to grasp the danger involved in putting themselves in a place they can catch something. They are usually exquisitely careful, follow all the recommendations and their families are scrupulous in trying to decrease risk. So it is completely possible for people to get this concept. Unfortunately when it applies to everyone- suddenly it is impossible
                            Last edited by leswp1; 05-25-2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Nothing is safe. SOME stuff is safER. That's the "new normal." With that in mind, the people I know are taking that into account, and if someone is just going willy-nilly...yeah, they are out.

The people that are adhering to the guidelines the best they can (the majority of people I hang with are "essential" employees), they have been included in the 2 gatherings I've attended in the past 2-3 weeks (and we still did the 6 foot thing).

So, nowadays, when we say "safe" we mean "safe" by today's standards, which is not totally safe, duh. We all get that. It's a relative term given the conditions. It's a maximization of safety standards, and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                No one who posts here has ever once said the horrid federal response to this crisis will only affect big corporations, so who gives a 5h!t. Not once. You are inventing an issue that does not exist. Actually, those of us here have frequently expressed concern for the horrible difficulties this is putting small businesses in.

The problem today, as it will be tomorrow and as it was in January is we have a petulant little child in the White House, and millions of petulant little children in every corner of the country who believe every piece of stool sample that falls out of his 5h!t for brains mouth. A competent federal response to this would have lessened considerably the impact on businesses big and small. A competent federal response would have saved tens of thousands of tax paying consumers. There won't be a single dollar spent by any of the 100,000 who have died ever again.

Not to mention we are the laughing stock of the world and our country has been weakened greatly by 3 years of the worst "leadership" in this nation's history. I don't believe that this was ever going to happen, but maybe what the morons out there who don't seem to get it needed to see was a military attack on this nation that killed tens of thousands, because that seems to be the only thing that draws all of us together as a people. And I guarantee trump's response would have been no more competent because he is 100% INcompetent to serve as anything more than a sand trap raker at one of his golf courses.

Voting for trump wasn't a treasonous action in 2016, but voting for him in 2020 might be. At the very least you will be complicit in the destruction of what used to actually be the greatest nation around. We were never perfect. Far from it on many days. But our ideals were sound, and those ideals were why I used to fly my American flag every day. Some day I'd like to do that again. I'm not seeing it when 60 or 70 million morons out there can find any reason whatsoever to want to see trump keep breathing.
                                The mighty Roman Empire had its Caligula, and now America does as well.

No civilization has lasted forever, granted, but this one is on an amazingly steep dive face-first into the rocks.

I didn't think I'd live to see it, and I honestly wish that I hadn't.

If tRump finagles another loss into 4 more years, let's all just move to Canada. This fishing is good there.

Comment

Working...
                                X