Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Next year's, presuming it is on, will be one heck of a gathering. Might actually avoid it for the first time.
      Ha. Yeah. Didn’t even think of that. Can you imagine the attendance next year if it’s sunny and 70 every day?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Next year's, presuming it is on, will be one heck of a gathering. Might actually avoid it for the first time.
        I literally went for the length of the concert I was at last year. I was honestly claustrophobic and disgusted by being there and hated it. I used to go 2-3 times a year for HOURS on end.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think part of this would be the economic disaster for the fair and its vendors. The number of people who would still go would be half the normal attendance. You just can’t square that with the costs.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah you can. In fact I think part of the reason they did it is BECAUSE attendance would still be half. They make more money than you think. (not all the vendors mind you but the infrastructure) They also know how bad lawsuits will be if a cluster boom happens 2 weeks into September and it is linked to them. (which would not be hard to do)

In fact, I dont even think it would be down half unless they forced it to be. Outstate would still come in droves and the Covidiots in town for sure would go. Then the Covidiots from our neighbors would go as well. It would be a disaster. Thankfully they made the right decision.

Although I would assume the lack of concerts (I doubt anyone would agree to perform) made the decision easy as well.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I run into people that come from all over the place. Talked to a couple that came from Arizona last year. I asked if they used to live here, or had some other connection. No. Just heard about it and wanted to come. Ran into a family from Germany a few years ago. They said they heard about it a long time ago from someone stationed at Ramstein, wanted to come and see it now that they had kids. It's nuts.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Handy, I think you overestimate the number of people from out of state and outstate relative to the number of metro area attendees.
                Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  TAKE IT!!! If you *think* it helps, even though there's science to say that it's harmful, and could totally have a worse outcome- the fact that you believe it will work says that it will. Take a double dose, as if some helps, more is even better!!!

It's hard to feel sorry for people who willingly ignore data and risk their own lives.

Comment

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Man, really beginning to despise this country

Comment

And as a trans woman in America, I'm enjoying karma slap all these conservatives in the face. If private businesses don't have to serve me because reasons, guess what? They don't have to serve you either because reasons.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Man, really beginning to despise this country

No.
                          It's not "this country."

You and I are this country.

When McClellan told Lincoln "I have driven the enemy from our territory," Lincoln shouted: "the point of this war is it is all our territory."

We are the Americans. We are this country. These brainwashed Nazi f-cktards are the ones who don't belong. They are the strangers here. They're the ones who can either suck it up or leave, because I am America.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2020, 01:14 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Man, really beginning to despise this country.
                            I was on a tour in Belgium with people from Spain, Germany, Colombia, and Uruguay. They thought I was exaggerating when I said I'd like to put about 1/3 of the US population on a rocket and fire them into outer space.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Remember the scene in The Fast and the Furious where they poured motor oil down the one guy’s throat? The same thing except with pronto pup batter.
                              This made me laugh way harder than I should have.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

My buddy just texted me that Dr. Birx said Minneapolis cases are on the rise. Who knew we had so many Long Term Living Facilities. Their sacrifice to save the economy will be noted. #openupMN
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X