Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

A sobering report to be sure.

The U.S. could have prevented roughly 36,000 deaths from COVID-19 if broad social distancing measures had been put in place just one week earlier in March, according to an analysis from Columbia University.
    While the findings are still awaiting peer review, I'd have to think funding from sources like the National Institutes of Health and The National Science Foundation and Columbia University conducting the study should give one confidence that the science behind it is sound.

When trump's time comes I hope he dies a slow and painful death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Walz is praying they decide on their own to close...but no way they do. I dont think he will do it on his own.
      I agree. This is a meeting where they decide whether or not they'll make Walz the bad guy. I've been running under the assumption that the fair is cancelled for well over a month now.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

While the findings are still awaiting peer review, I'd have to think funding from sources like the National Institutes of Health and The National Science Foundation and Columbia University conducting the study should give one confidence that the science behind it is sound.

What is science?
        Wonder how they snuck that past Redmond.

Whoever posted that link to the article and list of what measures each State met- thank you, thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          What is science?
          Wonder how they snuck that past Redmond.

Whoever posted that link to the article and list of what measures each State met- thank you, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            They really need a shocked face emoji. He is less articulate than usual. When oh when is the arrhythmia going to kick in? Soon would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I know we have alternate facts but I never knew actual numbers and facts could have political leanings. 36,000 is liberal? 0 is GOP. I wonder what independent is

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I know we have alternate facts but I never knew actual numbers and facts could have political leanings. 36,000 is liberal? 0 is GOP. I wonder what independent is
                MSM reports both and takes the average.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Agreed. The Fair obviously partially believes that as well because they are meeting. My experience with the mafioso that is The Fair tells me they will win out though.

If they decide to stay open and close later the amount of money lost by the small businesses that rely on that 10 days will be EPIC. There will be no way to fix it. Cancel early and they can plan out a strategy.
                  FWIW, a StarTrib poll has 65% saying too dangerous, 22% saying open it, and 13% saying wait with decision.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    MSM reports both and takes the average.
                    NO! that can't be true. because... got nothin.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      FWIW, a StarTrib poll has 65% saying too dangerous, 22% saying open it, and 13% saying wait with decision.
                      Good...but I bet the comments section makes NextDoor Blush. Some of the commenters on the Strib are downright scary.

I like that Trump basically confirms that in the real world facts have a liberal bias
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

My only beef with the study is say we did react earlier. That "See, we over-reacted" blue area of the graph we've all seen would be much earlier. Once we start to open back up, there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube. Say we saved 36,000 lives, do we lose all of them and more as we do a mass reopening too early? I don't know, but it would have been nice to have 36,000 Americans still alive, to put it mildly.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I like that Trump basically confirms that in the real world facts have a liberal bias
                          This was established after conservatives rejected evolution in the 19th century. Reality, science, and reasoned skepticism are liberal. In compensation, conservatives have faith, authority, and gut certainty.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-21-2020, 01:29 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah but he basically said it out loud. The man has zero internal monologue.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar
                              Link doesn't match your headline.

Anyway I realize that any updates coming out of China should be taken with a grain of salt, if there's anything to this Trump might want to dial back the anti-Chinese rhetoric.

Chinese researchers identify highly potent neutralizing antibodies against COVID-19

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X