X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.64: Governance By Unhinged Twitter Rants

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Donald is such a pathetic piece of ****

“ BREAKING: White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tells reporters that President Trump is set to sign an executive order "pertaining to social media" on Thursday, but did not give any further detail. The order comes as Trump has railed against Twitter this week for fact-checking one of his tweets, which he says goes against his Fist Amendment rights.”
    jfc
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comment

To be fair the man that made the statement not only seemed to be saying it for clickbait, but went on to clarify he doesn't mean dead as in a physical sense and no one should be killed, he meant in the political sense. I get it that his choice of words were inflammatory to a degree, but don't given them reason to repeatedly criticize Democrates for being reactionary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The president's tweets are to be taken as an official statement from the office of the president.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            To be fair the man that made the statement not only seemed to be saying it for clickbait, but went on to clarify he doesn't mean dead as in a physical sense and no one should be killed, he meant in the political sense. I get it that his choice of words were inflammatory to a degree, but don't given them reason to repeatedly criticize Democrates for being reactionary.
            BS. In this political climate, he meant what he originally said.

Comment

Now the media covers Trump's Twitter temper tantrum instead of the Michigan Stadium full of corpses. He's not disciplined enough to do this, but those around him are.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                BS. In this political climate, he meant what he originally said.
                He didn't walk it back later - it was a continuous statement and there was no hint of, "oops". It's a charged statement to be sure but let's focus on real matters.

Comment

And the draft of the Executive Order against Social Media has leaked:
                  https://www.cnet.com/news/trump-executive-order-leaked-draft-slams-twitter-facebook-for-censoring/

No other official details about what the executive order will contain have been released, but the Washington Post reported late Wednesday that it will be a wide-ranging order directing federal regulators to rethink Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act from 1996, which provides online platforms with vital protection from liability for content posted by their users.

A draft of the order was reportedly obtained by multiple media organizations, including Reuters and Protocol, late Wednesday. Kate Klonick, an assistant legal professor at St. John's University School of Law, also published what she said was a draft version of the executive order on Twitter.

The apparent draft version of the order, which could change, would instruct the Commerce Department to ask the Federal Communications Commission to call a rulemaking proceeding to reconsider the law's purview. It would also give the Federal Trade Commission responsibility for investigating complaints of political bias to determine whether tech companies' content moderation policies conflict with their pledges for neutrality.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I mean won’t relaxing these laws lead to a lot of legal action against conservatives who post absolute lies?

Comment

Saw a short clip of Zuckerberg this morning and he had an absolute shocker. If he had his way Trump could post anything he wanted on Facebook.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Saw a short clip of Zuckerberg this morning and he had an absolute shocker. If he had his way Trump could post anything he wanted on Facebook.
                        Well the dude did get his start with “hot or not”
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I mean won’t relaxing these laws lead to a lot of legal action against conservatives who post absolute lies?
                          I think you can make those claims right now. It's the liability of places like Twitter or Facebook that they're fighting over, I think.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I assume the Executive Order is simply a not-so-subtle threat that he'll take their liability exemption away if they fail to please him.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I assume the Executive Order is simply a not-so-subtle threat that he'll take their liability exemption away if they fail to please him.
                              If he does that, then the breitbart's and drudge's of the world should be even more nervous.

This is the epitome of biting off your nose to spite your face.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                If he does that, then the breitbart's and drudge's of the world should be even more nervous.

This is the epitome of biting off your nose to spite your face.
                                That’s what I was getting at

Comment

Working...
                                X