Beware the Circling Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware the Circling Sharks

LIU has announced that they are starting a D-1 program THIS FALL! And the Sharks (That is their nickname) are in a feeding frenzy ... looking for everything from players right up to a head Coach.
    It might be advisable to guard your players. The promise to PLAY RIGHT AWAY in a DIVISION ONE PROGRAM might be attractive to some ... even if it ends up being a bogus operation.
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 05-05-2020, 03:17 PM.

Re: Beware the Circling Sharks

Vets on established, contending DIII teams are unlikely to jump to a program that will shove them down the lineup as D1 transfers/recruits come in. The LIU team will also struggle for a few years so why not stay in DIII where there is a chance of winning something. Presumably they are also further along in their academics which would be a disruption. Might lose some recruits but the real issue might be LIU going after a coach.

Comment

Players arent stupid. They know this is essentially a club hockey team for a few years. Might nab a couple heroes who think they are better than D3 but unsurprisingly ended up at a MASCAC or NE10 school. They wont take any players from any top 20 teams

Comment

Also, established D-III players who transfer to a D-I program have to sit out a year before they are eligible, just as D-I players moving from one program to another do (unless granted a waiver).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
          Also, established D-III players who transfer to a D-I program have to sit out a year before they are eligible, just as D-I players moving from one program to another do (unless granted a waiver).

as a new program dont they get an exemption from the 1 year sit out rule ??

Comment

Working...
          X