This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Obviously a very small sample size, but Minnesota has seen a surge in traffic deaths, not a decrease, since shelter in place was implemented. This has occurred despite lower traffic and accident numbers.

The theory, for what it's worth, is that with fewer cards on the road, drivers feel like they can drive significantly faster, and as the saying goes, speed kills.
    Coincidentally I’ve been getting out on the bike more! But lots of teenage boys going vroom vroom and speeding

Comment

Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      We're gonna do the Sweden method, whether we want to or not.

Thanks Donnie. Elections have consequences.

In personal news, I'm staying home from work again. Woke up with a weird, splitting headache yesterday that hasn't gone away, and since going back to bed after calling the boss, have had the chills. Temp of 98.7 though, so don't know what to make of it all.
      Didn’t you go through something like this earlier and thought it might have been covid? There was one person on here and I thought it was you.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yes, indeed. At this point, it's just an overabundance of caution. Paranoia. Whatever.

Maybe the stress of this all is getting to me. Open it up!!!
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I have had two friends last week get hit- fever, headaches, unable to talk and sleeping most of day. As of last week, MN wouldn’t test them unless they needed to be hospitalized so both stayed home and didn’t get tested

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I have had two friends last week get hit- fever, headaches, unable to talk and sleeping most of day. As of last week, MN wouldn’t test them unless they needed to be hospitalized so both stayed home and didn’t get tested
            I'm not even thinking about trying to get tested unless I get the really high fever and the breathing issues that come with it. So far, the breathing is good. But I pretty much know at this point if I'm gonna go, it'll most likely be pneumonia or some similar.

Comment

Obviously a very small sample size, but Minnesota has seen a surge in traffic deaths, not a decrease, since shelter in place was implemented. This has occurred despite lower traffic and accident numbers.

The theory, for what it's worth, is that with fewer cards on the road, drivers feel like they can drive significantly faster, and as the saying goes, speed kills.
              I think you’re right. Hasn’t the number of 100+ MPH tickets gone WAY up?
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I think you’re right. Hasn’t the number of 100+ MPH tickets gone WAY up?
                I hadn't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me.

My next door neighbor is a highway patrolman. I talked to him last Saturday and he told me there was a day last week where he drove seven miles on the interstate and didn't see a car, so obviously traffic must be way down.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Comment

Speeds are up on the Illinois Tollway. State Troopers have resorted to sitting in the median with their lights on just to get traffic to slow down.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      We're gonna do the Sweden method, whether we want to or not.

Thanks Donnie. Elections have consequences.

In personal news, I'm staying home from work again. Woke up with a weird, splitting headache yesterday that hasn't gone away, and since going back to bed after calling the boss, have had the chills. Temp of 98.7 though, so don't know what to make of it all.
                      https://theweek.com/articles/912546/...entionally-not

However, there is a darker possibility. Officials could be pursuing a different strategy to defeat the virus: herd immunity. If roughly two-thirds of the population contracts the virus (and if the resulting antibodies are both universal and long-lasting, which is not at all clear), then statistically the virus will not find enough new victims to perpetuate itself, and will eventually die out. The New York Times reports that even as Trump urges states to re-open, his own analysts behind the scenes are predicting 200,000 daily new cases and 3,000 deaths per day by the end of June — which is what someone pursing a herd immunity strategy would do. The problem is that, as scientists Carl T. Bergstrom and Natalie Dean explain in the Times, it will take months for the statistics to shake out, and the eventual infection rate will rise well past two-thirds — likely about 80-90 percent. With a U.S. population of about 330 million and the most recent estimates of infection fatality rate of about 1 percent, that means something like 2.6 to 3 million Americans dying.
                      Even if Trump is not actively aiming at herd immunity, there is no indication that he is even considering the test, track, and isolate option, let alone starting to construct the elaborate and efficient bureaucracy that would be needed. Neither is there any sign that he would be capable of doing such a thing even if he wanted to.

Be proud, Republicans.
                      Last edited by rufus; 05-05-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2020/05/04...UVtkRJqgpSIeQw

Comment

I hadn't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me.

My next door neighbor is a highway patrolman. I talked to him last Saturday and he told me there was a day last week where he drove seven miles on the interstate and didn't see a car, so obviously traffic must be way down.
                          https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/traffic...polis-traffic/
                          Code:

Comment

Just because you might see some crazy headliners floating around today...

Code:

Comment

Prepare to die OR to get very sick.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X