This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Dumpies are going to start hurting people. Remembering Dump urging on his brownshirts to hurt protesters at his Nuremberg rallies? That's going to be in neutral public spaces, where you might be walking, by Fall.

What part of they're fascists do people not understand?
    No one is ever the villain of their own story.
    UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The Dumpies are going to start hurting people. Remembering Dump urging on his brownshirts to hurt protesters at his Nuremberg rallies? That's going to be in neutral public spaces, where you might be walking, by Fall.

What part of they're fascists do people not understand?
      Yes they are- an African American was out on a run yesterday, and was hunted down by two people- which I'm quite sure they are dumpies.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/202...-shooting.html

Beyond the fact that he was shot in cold blood on camera, there's somehow a debate whether they should be charged. Seriously? If the situation was turned, there's no doubt that the shooters would be in jail, charged, and then locked away. How can there even be a debate?

dumpies out there are pretty low people. We need to take this country back.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Thing is, how good of an economy are you going to be having with 1500 or more people dying every day? With those people dying, who's going to be out and about, eating at restaurants, going to movies, or ballgames, or the beach? What businesses are going to stay open when they see their employees start to drop?

The smart ones are still going to be hunkering down and social distancing as much as they possibly can.
        This is me just hoping that the good of humanity will shine through, but....

One would think that the tide MAY begin to turn once people lose someone close to them. They may step back and reconsider their options. But then again Dumpies were probably the kids that wanted to keep touching the stove, so....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Yes they are- an African American was out on a run yesterday, and was hunted down by two people- which I'm quite sure they are dumpies.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/202...-shooting.html

Beyond the fact that he was shot in cold blood on camera, there's somehow a debate whether they should be charged. Seriously? If the situation was turned, there's no doubt that the shooters would be in jail, charged, and then locked away. How can there even be a debate?

dumpies out there are pretty low people. We need to take this country back.
          So that happened in late Feb- wasn't even related to the current situation, and they are STILL not charged and are free. This is horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Thing is, how good of an economy are you going to be having with 1500 or more people dying every day? With those people dying, who's going to be out and about, eating at restaurants, going to movies, or ballgames, or the beach? What businesses are going to stay open when they see their employees start to drop?

The smart ones are still going to be hunkering down and social distancing as much as they possibly can.
            Hmmmm that is 30 people per state.

In 2017 an average of 7,700 died every day in the US.

While this is still serious, let’s not go full curt schilling and spread the hyper bowl
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Hmmmm that is 30 people per state.

In 2017 an average of 7,700 died every day in the US.

While this is still serious, let’s not go full curt schilling and spread the hyper bowl
              Except that these are preventable deaths. Why should people accept a 25-50% increase in daily deaths when they are very preventable?

We have put billions of dollars into systems to prevent deaths- from product safety to air and water quality to just good workplace safety. All to reduce that daily number to as low as we can. And now we are to accept a big jump in that for the sake of the economy?

When patience would have a better result in deaths AND less of an impact on the long term economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Real muricans want to work! Just ask Lindsay. Plenty of people lined up for every min wage job once someone kicks the bucket
                Lyndsey's still getting paid for sitting on his fat power bottom safe at home.

Good enough for him, why isn't it good enough for anyone else?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Except that these are preventable deaths. Why should people accept a 25-50% increase in daily deaths when they are very preventable?

We have put billions of dollars into systems to prevent deaths- from product safety to air and water quality to just good workplace safety. All to reduce that daily number to as low as we can. And now we are to accept a big jump in that for the sake of the economy?

When patience would have a better result in deaths AND less of an impact on the long term economy.
                  When Governor Walz spoke to Minnesotans last March before implementing shelter in place, before he closed non-essential businesses, etc..., I thought he was very honest and candid with us. He said that hundreds of thousands of Minnesotans will become infected with Covid-19. The shelter in place and business closures will not prevent that.

The purpose of those moves was to delay the infection to permit healthcare to get ready for it. The infections are going to happen. The only question is/was, can we handle them.

To the extent that infected persons died because healthcare couldn't handle the cases, arguably that was a preventable death. So yeah, if because too many doctors or nurses were out sick or because they didn't have a ventilator, a Covid-19 patient who would otherwise have lived ended up dying, that was preventable. I'm not certain how many of the 70,000+ deaths fall into that category, but I'm going to guess not a substantial number of them.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    When Governor Walz spoke to Minnesotans last March before implementing shelter in place, before he closed non-essential businesses, etc..., I thought he was very honest and candid with us. He said that hundreds of thousands of Minnesotans will become infected with Covid-19. The shelter in place and business closures will not prevent that.

The purpose of those moves was to delay the infection to permit healthcare to get ready for it. The infections are going to happen. The only question is/was, can we handle them.

To the extent that infected persons died because healthcare couldn't handle the cases, arguably that was a preventable death. So yeah, if because too many doctors or nurses were out sick or because they didn't have a ventilator, a Covid-19 patient who would otherwise have lived ended up dying, that was preventable. I'm not certain how many of the 70,000+ deaths fall into that category, but I'm going to guess not a substantial number of them.
                    You're overlooking all of the people who survive but will have long-lasting issues. It's not like people either die or are 100% better. It really is shocking to me just how bad our country has bottled this.

I'm not sure if this story got posted on here or not, but over the weekend it came out that Warren Buffet sold all of his airline stocks in DECEMBER. If he could tell at that point how serious this was going to be there is no excuse for our government.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      You're overlooking all of the people who survive but will have long-lasting issues. It's not like people either die or are 100% better. It really is shocking to me just how bad our country has bottled this.

I'm not sure if this story got posted on here or not, but over the weekend it came out that Warren Buffet sold all of his airline stocks in DECEMBER. If he could tell at that point how serious this was going to be there is no excuse for our government.
                      I'm not overlooking it at all. The disease can cause serious problems. What I am saying is the shelter in place is not going to prevent people from becoming infected, it's going to delay the infection rate. Millions of people are going to become infected by this disease whether we shelter in place or not. The question is will they become infected this week, or will it be spread out.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        For anyone paying attention for the last four years, it was totally predictable how our administration(not country) has bottled this.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I'm not overlooking it at all. The disease can cause serious problems. What I am saying is the shelter in place is not going to prevent people from becoming infected, it's going to delay the infection rate. Millions of people are going to become infected by this disease whether we shelter in place or not. The question is will they become infected this week, or will it be spread out.
                          Fair point although also fair to note that if they are spread out they should receive earlier and more thorough care thus limiting both deaths and non-lethal negative effects.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I disagree with the lack of prevention. At some point, the virus will not be able to spread because of lack of exposure. We can do that via preventing exposure or just running out all of the people being exposed. Given the very small amount of population infected so far, it can still be prevented. Assuming that people give a crap about other people- unlike yourself.

So in YOUR line if thinking- the deaths and infection are, indeed, inevitable. Reasonable people who actually care about the population do see that it's possible to prevent deaths.

And that's above the increased survival of getting sick when the deaths are spread out. I don't know about you, but seeing the absolute strain we have on the healthcare system right now, and they are capable of dealing with it (barely)- I don't see this being sustainable while we wait for herd immunity.

(and that' also is ignoring the REALLY obvious outcome that we should have had- Taiwan and S Korea.)

I'm still amazed by the number of people willing to risk everything so that they can help someone else make millions of dollars. And actually feel lucky that they can even do that.

Comment

I disagree with the lack of prevention. At some point, the virus will not be able to spread because of lack of exposure. We can do that via preventing exposure or just running out all of the people being exposed. Given the very small amount of population infected so far, it can still be prevented. Assuming that people give a crap about other people- unlike yourself.

So in YOUR line if thinking- the deaths and infection are, indeed, inevitable. Reasonable people who actually care about the population do see that it's possible to prevent deaths.

And that's above the increased survival of getting sick when the deaths are spread out. I don't know about you, but seeing the absolute strain we have on the healthcare system right now, and they are capable of dealing with it (barely)- I don't see this being sustainable while we wait for herd immunity.

(and that' also is ignoring the REALLY obvious outcome that we should have had- Taiwan and S Korea.)

I'm still amazed by the number of people willing to risk everything so that they can help someone else make millions of dollars. And actually feel lucky that they can even do that.
                              It's not just my line of thinking. Plenty of people who know way more about this than I do understand and have stated that the disease is here and the infections are going to occur. I think most understand that we probably need to see two thirds of the country exposed to this before the disease will stop spreading.

If, and it's a huge if, a vaccine could be developed, that will stop the spread and prevent deaths. But, as I understand it, that's a pretty huge if. First, we don't know if you can even find a vaccine that works. Second, doing so will take well into 2021, in all likelihood, and then we need to make it, distribute it, and get it into people. My guess is the disease will have spread far and wide long before any vaccine is available for widespread use, so at best we might have it available if this turns out to be a virus which recurs from year to year.

Comment

if it's spread out more, hopefully most will become infected after we have proven antivirals

Comment

Working...
                                X