Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Sweet, the workers of this country will get pensions and guaranteed government-provided healthcare!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      So...there is no threat...things are great...except people will die because we are going to do the things that make us unsafe? Well he isnt lying I guess...
      It's all about the Benjamins....

Comment

Can't you people just root for the home team? Just once?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          It's all about the Benjamins....
          And we are all lucky to contribute to someone else's collection of said Benjamins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            So this is what he’s gonna ramble about on abc tonight. Can’t stay at home.

Americans are so pathetic and weak

BREAKING: President Trump on Tuesday said some people would be "affected badly" by the decision to begin reopening the country despite the coronavirus pandemic, but that it was important to get the economy moving.

Will some people be affected badly? Yes. But we have to get our country open and we have to get it open soon," Trump said Tuesday. He later doubled down, saying in an ABC News interview: "It’s possible there will be some [deaths], because you won’t be locked into an apartment or a house or whatever it is."

Dead people do not matter. All that matters is the economy up and running, and Donnie Trump's electoral prospects.

"He will not do what is in the country's best interest. He will do what is in the best interests of Donald Trump"

Adam Schiff warned you. And now there's 70,000 dead people as proof. People who didn't have to die.

How many dead in S. Korea as of today?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I hadn't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me.

My next door neighbor is a highway patrolman. I talked to him last Saturday and he told me there was a day last week where he drove seven miles on the interstate and didn't see a car, so obviously traffic must be way down.
              “The Wife” and I drove from Elmira to Albany two weeks ago... a 180 mile drive. Left Elmira at 10:00am, so a fairly reasonable time for people to be out-and-about on a Sunday. I counted the cars we encountered, meaning vehicles I overtook, and vehicles that passed me. Over the course of this 3-hour drive, the count was 19. Yes, 19. And that included miles traveled on the NYS thruway just before 1:00pm. It was surreal.
              Dave
              RIT - '90

Comment

oh yeah. And S. Korea? 3 new cases today, 2 dead.

Bringing their death total all the way up to 254. But hey, the only reason we have so many dead is Jhina.

Comment

Hey, for all those who have lost loved ones...dump says he’ll make us proud and give us a fourth quarter economy to be proud of!

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Can't you people just root for the home team? Just once?
                    I'm rooting for the Sconnie Supreme Court cause they hate the (meat) Packers does that count?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Hey, for all those who have lost loved ones...dump says he’ll make us proud and give us a fourth quarter economy to be proud of!
                      I will tell my mom...one of her good friends died last week! She died for a great Black Friday!!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I have Irish and Mohegan blood in my heritage . They say the Irish don't forget good deeds or bad, nor the Native Americans. This article is proof of the good side. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...mRU5ja42MXN2H4
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Back to covid, did anyone think that Muir threw mostly softballs at Trump? I think he was afraid of being thrown out of the room. I know Donny deflected like he always does, but for an important primetime interview, it was disappointing. "What would you say to the families of the dead?" The most disingenuous "I Love You" I have ever seen. Like he was talking to a broad he was trying to lay.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

So what is the magic number? trump is betting his re-election on the idea that a certain number of deaths will be tolerated by enough Americans if most people have a job. It is not unlike the calculation car makers consider when deciding if some safety feature will cost more to implement than the lawsuits from resulting deaths when they don't do what they knew would save lives will cost. if the lawsuits cost Ford $5,000,000 to defend and settle but the parts cost $10,000,000, they'll go with the lawsuits.

So what is the number? Will he be safe if it is "only" 250,000 on election day? Or 500,000? Or 2 million? That is the calculation trump is making, the gamble he is taking. It's the only thing he understands, or sort of understands. Of course he is stupid and likely wrong on the magic number, because the real issue is more likely how much is this going to be in the news still in the fall. But I still believe this is the though process in his sick and twisted mind.

I just hope we still have a world and a country 10 years from now because I want the historians to be able to tell this story.

Comment

Thing is, how good of an economy are you going to be having with 1500 or more people dying every day? With those people dying, who's going to be out and about, eating at restaurants, going to movies, or ballgames, or the beach? What businesses are going to stay open when they see their employees start to drop?

The smart ones are still going to be hunkering down and social distancing as much as they possibly can.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Thing is, how good of an economy are you going to be having with 1500 or more people dying every day? With those people dying, who's going to be out and about, eating at restaurants, going to movies, or ballgames, or the beach? What businesses are going to stay open when they see their employees start to drop?

The smart ones are still going to be hunkering down and social distancing as much as they possibly can.
                                Real muricans want to work! Just ask Lindsay. Plenty of people lined up for every min wage job once someone kicks the bucket

Comment

Working...
                                X