This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    He didn't like what it said and if released would hurt his election chances. I can see opening some stores up but Maine opened tattoo parlors wt f is up with that? Restaurants are freaking out up here, they make there money from now until mid oct. Little chance of survival if they don't open this summer.
    One story I couldn’t believe was when Georgia opened up, one tattoo artist said his shop saw 50 people that weekend. I was stunned. I could see a few, but there were that many people itching to get tattoos that rushed out the door as soon as they had the chance?

Meanwhile most of the restaurants they contacted said they still weren’t comfortable opening up the dining room yet. Except Waffle House.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      One story I couldn’t believe was when Georgia opened up, one tattoo artist said his shop saw 50 people that weekend. I was stunned. I could see a few, but there were that many people itching to get tattoos that rushed out the door as soon as they had the chance?
      Probably the ones getting jingoistic 'Murica tatts to own the libs.

Comment

Meanwhile most of the restaurants they contacted said they still weren’t comfortable opening up the dining room yet. Except Waffle House.
        Eating at Waffle House makes you temporarily immune to all disease. Your body goes into shock and the immune system triples to handle the load of disease, cholesterol and missing chromosomes.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Probably the ones getting jingoistic 'Murica tatts to own the libs.
          I was impressed by them getting through that large of a population, then remembered that swastikas are pretty easy to draw.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Eating at Waffle House makes you temporarily immune to all disease. Your body goes into shock and the immune system triples to handle the load of disease, cholesterol and missing chromosomes.
            I was gonna say, 'rona virus can't survive inside a Waffle House.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

People who get tattoos make poor judgements?! The hell you say!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Well, there's also the requirement to be drunk and/or stoned to eat at Waffle House, so...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Well, there's also the requirement to be drunk and/or stoned to eat at Waffle House, so...
                  It's like if you are relaxed when you fall you do less damage.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Michigan adds two more weeks to the staying home, but lets manufacturing restart Monday
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Drunk or stoned to get a tattoo also?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Stole this post from another board I frequent because it's good:

Fox News is encouraging people to go out and get infected so we can hurry up and get herd immunity.

Sure. The numbers only play out that you have a one in five chance of getting hospitalized. Even if things go well and you recover, enjoy your hospital bill and enjoy your hospital stay without the comfort of your family. Then of course, there's the much-higher-than-the-flu chance that you'll die.

Also, we don't know if getting the virus means you will be immune going forward. We assume that's how it will work since that's how it works with other coronaviruses, but we don't know yet.

Also also, this virus has all sorts of tricks up its sleeve. It's causing weird clotting disorders. It's causing weird damage to a number of organs - not just your lungs, but your liver, kidneys, heart and brain (basically anything that has an ACE2 receptor). I saw a young man in the UK interviewed a few weeks ago who recovered from the virus, but mentioned that he walked away with liver damage that was going to take a while to heal, if it did at all. He was in his 20s, no underlying health condition. Now New York is reporting that it suddenly got 15 children in the hospital with weird, multi-organ/system inflammatory disorder. 10 of the 15 kids either tested positive for the virus or had the antibodies, so this could be one more weird thing the virus does - this time to kids, who we previously thought were relatively safe from the virus. We're still learning what this virus can do to us.

Andy Slavitt pointed out yesterday on Twitter that we know what to do to stop this virus, but it's hard and takes discipline so Trump quit, and so his followers want to quit too. All the people screaming "Tyranny!" are really just saying, "I'm tired of doing this. And I'm not longer willing to be a little uncomfortable for the greater good." Trump got halfway up the mountain, then decided it was too hard and quit because he doesn't have the discipline to see this through.

There are ways through this - aggressive testing/tracing. New York has done this, and they are the one place in the country where cases are dropping. Other countries did it with severe lockdowns/distancing, like New Zealand. Yeah, it sucked, but they succeeded and they are starting to open back up. Other countries are achieving this by having everyone wear a mask - again, the data shows that if 80% of the people just wore a cloth mask, the R would dip below 1 and the virus would die out. But we've got Trumpsters out there saying that the masks are to make us look weak - especially men.

If we just picked one of these things and followed through on it, we could re-open safely. But instead of following through on any of these and getting somewhere, we're just throwing our hands up and saying, "Oh, well. I guess a bunch of you will just have to die." Amazing that these are the same people who screamed about "death panels" and Obamacare deciding whether or not your grandma gets treatment or gets to die. Now they are cool with the government deciding it isn't worth it to keep grandma safe and she's a reasonable sacrifice to keep the economy going. All because Trump has the attention span of a goldfish and he got tired of trying to address this thing.

Oh, and the CDC put together a guide on how to reopen safely. The Trump admin has blocked it's release. I'm sure that's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I saw an interesting thread on twitter contesting even tamiflu’s value. You need to get it really before peak viral load. That’s usually in the absolute earliest signs of infection or before. Otherwise the outcomes weren’t dramatically improved.
                          Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          Yeah, you need to take Tamiflu as soon as you show any symptoms, you can’t tough it out a few days and then decide to go to the doctor.
                          There were flu strains that seemed to be resistant to Tamiful so they started to tell us not to write it unless the person met a set of guidelines that put them are significant risk. Even if taken totally correctly it does not cure you. It can decrease symptoms a bit and may decrease time you feel ill by a few days. It may also decrease viral shedding but it is not the same as taking an antibiotic and getting better in 48 hrs.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          (must spread reputation)

Good point. I will do my best.

But it's interesting to see people ignore the models, and that there's a tail at the end where it's clear that with the proper prevention, there will be a point where nobody will be infected, even when there's a group of people who can. Which clearly means two things- deaths are preventable and that you can do things w/o vaccine that will stop the virus. That's how there have been US predictions that could have stopped this at 70k.

And based on the number of deaths in MI, and it's down turn in rates, it's pretty clear that social distancing is more than just spreading all of the infections and deaths out- it actually has the potential to stop it completely. But it's totally up to us to get that outcome. And the more we do now, the faster it stops.
                          All of that is true but facts are immaterial if you don't want to hear them or they mean you can't see things the way you want.

There were so many stories of “person Trump interacted with in last x days tests positive” from multiple meetings with people across the globe that I can’t believe he didn’t get it. I mean, anything is possible, but thats some good luck from someone who very clearly wasn’t following any distancing guidelines.

I’m actually more surprised there wasn’t an outbreak among Congress given Rand Paul had it while in the Senate and using the gym.
                          I think he got it and is a walking vector. Look at all those who are getting it around him. Too bad they didn't give him HCQ- a little arrhythmia might be beneficial.

Scarlet- your Mum can go out as long as she isn't near people. Bringing out the trash can is OK.

2 of my favorite articles of the day-
                          https://news.yahoo.com/doing-doctors...munity&soc_trk
                          This really struck a cord. It isn't the bots or trolls that get me. It is the people I 'know' who are so convinced about the false information they are willing to insult me, tell me they are as educated as me, understand things I don't etc. Sorry. If you are an insurance salesman or a lawyer you don't know enough about the nuances of the subject to tell me Breibart or those idiot ambulance chasers in Cali make you smarter. I don't care how many articles I read I am not going to be a better financial planner than you. (and math- blech!)

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/progr...zI0DrgvVH3qOnc
                          Interesting article about the stages you go thru when isolated based on experiences from astronauts and folks who go to Antarctica. If you are cranky and want to hate everyone all of a sudden you are not alone.

Comment

The Republicans and their base are France in WWII...ironic since that is always one of their favorite insults.

Imagine how bad it would be if the y actually had to sacrifice something. What we have now is barely even a blip compared to true quarantine.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

DIAF you bottom feeding scum

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                DIAF you bottom feeding scum

And yet we can't convince the white working class that these guys are their enemies. Amazing.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X