Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    You mean 2nd opinions? Of course.
    What/whom are you referring to? Dr Fauci? He only is relaying info from his agency, of doctors. Definitely not a “one man only” source of medical guidance. Sorry if I misread your post.
    I’d take his guidance over, say, my plumbers or Dr Trump......lol
    It's from another board. Where a poster believes what her daughter is telling her, even though its contrary to most science. With the justification that her daughter would not lie to her and she's a doctor.

There have been quite a few single doctor opinions that totally fly in the face of what is going on, but only justified by the statement "I'm a doctor". That does not mean the opinion is correct, or even valid scientifically. Just that the doctor opined something.

Comment

Comment

Oh, and finally found out today what my health issues were. Not allergies/sinus infection.

Apparently, I have Shingles.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Oh, and finally found out today what my health issues were. Not allergies/sinus infection.

Apparently, I have Shingles.
          You don't have to answer if you don't want, but I'm curious if you ever had either of the vaccines for shingles.

I did the Shingrix vaccine after it came out. My doctor didn't really say anything about whether there was a length of time that it would be good for, so I just assumed it was like with MMR or polio, and that I wouldn't have to go back and do it again. However, in reading more about it, it seems like it's kind of unknown as to how long it might last.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
            Preach. People forget that most doctors are not scientists and many are, in fact, morons.
            The number of people from my HS class I wouldn't let treat my dog that became doctors was jaw-dropping.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-12-2020, 03:51 PM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              You don't have to answer if you don't want, but I'm curious if you ever had either of the vaccines for shingles.

I did the Shingrix vaccine after it came out. My doctor didn't really say anything about whether there was a length of time that it would be good for, so I just assumed it was like with MMR or polio, and that I wouldn't have to go back and do it again. However, in reading more about it, it seems like it's kind of unknown as to how long it might last.
              No, haven't had it.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                The number of people from my HS class I wouldn't let treat my dog that became doctors was jaw-dropping.
                I think it is usually kepler that does the 10-80-10 distribution or something like that with regards to distribution of skills/intelligence. It is the same for physicians.

Without thinking too hard about it, what makes me (I hope) a good physician is:
                1. I know what I know, and more importantly...
                2. I know what I do not know

When I reach 2, I know who and where to get help from. I think the skill I have most honed in the last 10 years is correctly judging if someone knows what they are talking about.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

I think it is usually kepler that does the 10-80-10 distribution or something like that with regards to distribution of skills/intelligence.
                  2-7-1; saint, normie, sinner. But that's in a randomly drawn sample of the population. I would hope that doctors are drawn from only the far left tail of that standard distribution: the 2 part. That is what I would assume every merit-filtered population, from astronaut to NASCAR driver, is. The bulk of even those well above the mean should be eliminated and the actual raw bottom half should never even be in a position where they could sneak under the wire. That would be the equivalent of credentialing a physics PhD who could not add or a Harvard undergrad who could not suck.

Standards must be maintained.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-12-2020, 05:02 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    What the heck is wrong with Paul and Ingraham believing this? I for one am much more comfortable having idiots making all the important decisions than an expert. I mean what kind of a snowflake are you that you want someone educated or knowledgeable making decisions on things that might make the difference between life or death? I for one hope the next time I am on a commercial flight the pilots are both stricken with horrible food poisoning and some guy in coach who watched that Denzel Washington movie where he flies the plane upside down can step in and fly the thing.

Comment

I think it is usually kepler that does the 10-80-10 distribution or something like that with regards to distribution of skills/intelligence. It is the same for physicians.

Without thinking too hard about it, what makes me (I hope) a good physician is:
                      1. I know what I know, and more importantly...
                      2. I know what I do not know

When I reach 2, I know who and where to get help from. I think the skill I have most honed in the last 10 years is correctly judging if someone knows what they are talking about.
                      This kind of a viewpoint usually helps make you a good anything, so you're probably a fine physician. I'd probably let you cut me open!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        2-7-1; saint, normie, sinner. But that's in a randomly drawn sample of the population. I would hope that doctors are drawn from only the far left tail of that standard distribution: the 2 part. That is what I would assume every merit-filtered population, from astronaut to NASCAR driver, is. The bulk of even those well above the mean should be eliminated and the actual raw bottom half should never even be in a position where they could sneak under the wire. That would be the equivalent of credentialing a physics PhD who could not add or a Harvard undergrad who could not suck.

I always thought the right tail of an IQ bell curve was smarter people, since IQ numbers would get larger from left to right on a graph. Standard deviation of 1 above/below 85-115 was normal/average intelligence, 100 mean. 130+ is brilliant; under 70 considered developmentally disabled (2 standard deviations above/below)

Comment

Yesterday, I made the foolish mistake of wandering into a comment section to say I viewed wearing a mask in public as a minor inconvenience. I was told I was a Nazi.

Uh yeah... as a trans woman, I'm someone the Nazis would have hauled off without a thought. Republicans have told me when I say I fear being harassed and I fear for my safety when I use the women's room in public, and that's tyranny... I get told I'm a deranged SJW and a stupid liberal.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That is fair but the standards are much higher. The sinners are also much louder and the sin is great in my eyes so it is likely my bias showing. One can cause a large amount of harm when they say stupid **** and use the credentials they are not fit to hold...wait who were we talking about?

I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              This kind of a viewpoint usually helps make you a good anything, so you're probably a fine physician. I'd probably let you cut me open!
                              I am more on the thinking side of the physician ledger so unless things are getting real quite fast, you won't find me in the OR.

Comment

Also, the group Michiganders Against Extreme Quarantine has been removed from Facebook.

happy day.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X