Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I've lived in 5 states (none of them in the south) and in all of them, the rural areas are populated by remarkably similar people. I'd venture they are similar in every state in the country. Outside of the urban centers in most states, the entire country is "bumpkin." It will take a lot more than 600 cops of any ethnic background to keep the peace if trump tells his people otherwise.
    If you think there wouldn't be a line of left leaning folks ready to shoot some backwards country f-s in that situation well, you'd be wrong.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      I keep hearing people (scientists, even) talking about a terrible winter next year, but I have yet to see anything confirming that this thing really will exhibit seasonal behavior. Plenty of cases here in Florida and we've been in the 80s for 2 months now. The nasty, soul-crushing summer humidity hasn't hit yet, but Florida's never what you'd call "dry."
      The problem will be capacity. Before all this came down there were plenty of places were they needed to divert to other facilities when they hit capacity. Add to that if you have people with Flu they are at higher risk to get anything else.

In plenty of places we might not find out the consequences of what is happening now. Some states are really beginning to ramp up their procedures for hiding/undercounting coronavirus related deaths. These states might start reporting North Korea like numbers. And the White House will definitely be going this route when the campaign starts to move into full swing. By the fall, the right wing will be severely downplaying this and my guess is the average trump supporter will believe it when trump starts saying "we looked more closely at the numbers and it appears that far fewer actually died from coronavirus than originally stated." I look for trump to start quoting numbers that are shrinking. And for his dupes and rubes to believe those numbers and to spread the lies far and wide. As always, the question is whether or not enough of the 60% will turn out to vote, and whether or not enough of their votes will be counted in the right places.
      Its going to be like in all those scary So American countries or the eastern block where people disappear but no one knows where?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        If you think there wouldn't be a line of left leaning folks ready to shoot some backwards country f-s in that situation well, you'd be wrong.
        Oh I agree with you on that. I'm one of them. My views on gun ownership, gun control and the second amendment have undergone a huge shift over the last 15-20 years, but that doesn't mean I got rid of everything.

Comment

For the most part my State is full of people who are all about flattening the curve and doing the right thing. But.... not my town*. I went for a 2.5 mile walk tonight. In the first .5 mile- a family has invited over 2 diff families- the kids are playing tackle football ( I had to dodge them as they practically ran me over in the street), the adults are all in a clump laughing and backslapping each other. There is a family with cars (from 3 diff states) up and down the street having a BBQ with the kids all playing tag and the adults hanging out together in tight clumps and another house on the other side with a ton of kids, cars parked over the sidewalk so I had to walk out in the street. FML Thankful I am not shopping at the market down the street.
          *Our County has the highest number of cases, beating the next highest county by 3k
          Last edited by leswp1; 05-14-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I've lived in 5 states (none of them in the south) and in all of them, the rural areas are populated by remarkably similar people. I'd venture they are similar in every state in the country. Outside of the urban centers in most states, the entire country is "bumpkin." It will take a lot more than 600 cops of any ethnic background to keep the peace if trump tells his people otherwise.
            The thing is, most of them deep down are cowards. Sure, they're tough in a group, where you got five of them with clubs kicking and stomping some poor guy on the ground. But the first time they see the guy next to them take one in the melon, suddenly, their militia cosplay ain't quite as much fun

Read today someplace, since the word came out that some 70 of those out in the open up Wisconsin protests have tested positive, there hasn't been a whole lot of open up Wisconsin protesting.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              I keep hearing people (scientists, even) talking about a terrible winter next year, but I have yet to see anything confirming that this thing really will exhibit seasonal behavior. Plenty of cases here in Florida and we've been in the 80s for 2 months now. The nasty, soul-crushing summer humidity hasn't hit yet, but Florida's never what you'd call "dry."
              Other Coronaviruses live longer in dry cool environments, so it seems reasonable that it will spread faster when it can remain viable longer in the air in a subway car or on a doorknob, elevator button, etc. Just because it’s spreading now doesn’t mean conditions won’t get more favorable. That’s why they are expecting a spike in the fall/winter. Also possible school outbreaks and people will be completely over social distancing by then.

Comment

"When you don't look through the lens with smarts...you get Wisconsin" - Chris Cuomo.

Minnesotans have been preaching this for years.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

One of the things I've been really feeling since stay home order started was the lack of physical touch. Today just amplified it. I was with my adopted Mama for about 10 minutes today and I stood a few feet away from her, knowing I couldn't hug her. I feel the intent and warmth of air hugs, but right now, I just want someone to hold me so tight all my broken pieces will stick back together.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Maine has opened Lodging after June 1st for any and all. The 14 day quarantine is still in place though. What a joke that is.
                    So minimum blocks of rooms required at 14 days. One way to brig revenue back
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      So minimum blocks of rooms required at 14 days. One way to brig revenue back
                      You have to quarantine in state before you can rent, so basically lodging is only available to people that own property in Maine right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        Other Coronaviruses live longer in dry cool environments, so it seems reasonable that it will spread faster when it can remain viable longer in the air in a subway car or on a doorknob, elevator button, etc. Just because it’s spreading now doesn’t mean conditions won’t get more favorable. That’s why they are expecting a spike in the fall/winter. Also possible school outbreaks and people will be completely over social distancing by then.
                        So unlike the flu, the seasons will be “bad” and “terrible.” Lovely.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Huh. No one could have saw this coming...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

We are being groomed for a “price of doing business “ killing season. Sad. Especially when it’s our children or our elderly who are usually the most innocent in infection reception .
                            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                            Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                              We are being groomed for a “price of doing business “ killing season. Sad. Especially when it’s our children or our elderly who are usually the most innocent in infection reception .
                              The "pro-life" party.

Don't any of you Republican efftards ever dare to spout that phrase ever again.

I'm looking at you, joe.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

We already have sheriffs all over the place who openly are defying orders to enforce stay-at-home measures, and I have lost count of the number who say they won't enforce firearm safety laws and ordinances they don't agree with. I don't wonder if a great number of people in law enforcement would side with a rebellion, I fully believe it.
                                Maybe the local sheriffs, who probably know most of these people, aren't interested in creating a shoot out situation where one would not otherwise exist.

There was an incident 35-40 years ago that is still infamous in North Dakota, but probably unknown elsewhere. A decorated WWII veteran in his 60's, who was also a farmer, decided the US government no longer had the right to insist he pay taxes, so he stopped. He would get together with his wife, his kids, and a handful of other local friends, they'd bring all of their guns and they'd meet in a local veterinarian's office, talk about how they are all sovereign citizens, then go to Sunday brunch and go home. For years they bothered no one.

The feds prosecuted this farmer for not filing a tax return and he went to jail for a few months. Then, when he got out, he resumed his old ways.

The feds decided it was time to bring him in on a parole violation, and they decided to arrest him during one of the "meetings," when all of his armed friends and family members were there. The local police and sheriff were aghast, and told the feds that if they waited one day, they could walk into the local cafe and arrest this guy without incident, and without the guy having any guns or armed friends around.

Of course, the feds have never met a dik measuring contest that they didn't like, so they ignored the "local yokel" advice. End result? Bunch of dead and wounded law enforcement officers. Because the guy didn't want to file his tax return.

But yeah, I get it. You want these people gunned down because you disagree with their politics and you just don't like them. By all means, lets provoke more shoot outs. After all, they are insisting that bars and restaurants re-open. A shoot out seems a small price to pay to put that rebellion down.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X