This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Unless they need it...cause remember the Federal Stockpile is for *them* it is not for distributing to The States.
    -Jared
    “I take no responsibility”

“It’s all because of my help”

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

This time next week they will blame Fauci for why the Pandemic blew up and the Economy tanking...

Sadly I am only half kidding.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well that's embarrassing.
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

This time next week they will blame Fauci for why the Pandemic blew up and the Economy tanking...

Dear Rand,

DIAF you ****.

Love, Scooby
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comment

The Four Men Responsible For America’s COVID-19 Test Disaster
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Another little rant.

I'm tired of people putting too much weight on A doctor they know. Like if your kid is a doctor, and they are telling you that masks are useless and even dangerous. Just because you think that all of this is hype.

First of all ONE opinion does not make science, it's just one persons opinion, even if it's partially educated. I'm an engineer, but I'm still allowed to disagree and be disagreed to ideas where the science is still developing.

Second- that one person isn't lying to you when they are giving you bad advice. Ok, maybe. But lets assume that they are just applying the info that they have. Telling you that isn't lying, it's just not complete or correct. It's tiring to have people tell you "my kid would never lie to me" when the rest of the science is telling you otherwise. They are not lying, they are just not fully informed.

Individual doctors get far too much weight on stuff, just because they are doctors. And that gets worse when their opinion is not the same direction of the rest of the field AND the science. (yes, I get that sometimes the one alternate opinion does fly in the face of science, and they end up being right, but that's not all that common). The idea that masks are not effective just because they are not N95 masks is flawed- lack of perfection does not mean it's not effective.

hm. I recall that argument being made for many other items.

Anyway, just wanted to rant that.

Comment

Maybe I should ask this in the resource page, but when I do a google search for mask materials, the results are not all that scientific.

Although there was one U of Illinois study that had real data for just two layers of cotton tshirt being 98%.

I’d like to find more data, but not sure how to google a search effectively.

Comment

UK with a bad day.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Another little rant.

I'm tired of people putting too much weight on A doctor they know. Like if your kid is a doctor, and they are telling you that masks are useless and even dangerous. Just because you think that all of this is hype.

First of all ONE opinion does not make science, it's just one persons opinion, even if it's partially educated. I'm an engineer, but I'm still allowed to disagree and be disagreed to ideas where the science is still developing.

Second- that one person isn't lying to you when they are giving you bad advice. Ok, maybe. But lets assume that they are just applying the info that they have. Telling you that isn't lying, it's just not complete or correct. It's tiring to have people tell you "my kid would never lie to me" when the rest of the science is telling you otherwise. They are not lying, they are just not fully informed.

Individual doctors get far too much weight on stuff, just because they are doctors. And that gets worse when their opinion is not the same direction of the rest of the field AND the science. (yes, I get that sometimes the one alternate opinion does fly in the face of science, and they end up being right, but that's not all that common). The idea that masks are not effective just because they are not N95 masks is flawed- lack of perfection does not mean it's not effective.

Preach. People forget that most doctors are not scientists and many are, in fact, morons.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                        Well that's embarrassing.
                        Like I said earlier, just wait til other nations ban travel to and from the US. A no-go zone.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yep, he's going to take the fall for all of it amongst the Dumpies. Hair Furor is only responsible for the approval ratings of governors who properly responded to this crisis, not for the failed federal response.

Comment

I will never understand how religious zealots become physicians. Attempting to hold the views of right-wing religious dogma vs. what scientific research has taught us in one's head at the same time would drive me absolutely insane. I would consider abstinence-only medical advice with regards to sex outside of a committed relationship to verge upon negligence and malpractice.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Another little rant.

You mean 2nd opinions? Of course.
                              What/whom are you referring to? Dr Fauci? He only is relaying info from his agency, of doctors. Definitely not a “one man only” source of medical guidance. Sorry if I misread your post.
                              I’d take his guidance over, say, my plumbers or Dr Trump......lol
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                I guess, short of shutting EVERYTHING down, minus health stuff...we need to proceed SLOWLY and as safely as we can.

I've read that there is no way to stop this without a vaccine, which isn't coming anytime soon, and we know from history what a Depression and a pandemic look like, as to the well being of humanity. We can slow it down, we can apparently still work, if arbitrarily deemed essential. That balancing act? It'll cost us. Don't care how you slice it, people will die.

So it's a matter of deciding where that line is. Best case, and it's still very depressing, the 50/50 split of people dying from the virus and people dying from economic downturn (health issues, suicide, starving, etc etc etc). This is anectdotal, but one of my great-grandmas died from results of The Depression, because her arteries were blocked from eating grisle from meat. She let NOTHING go to waste, b/c of The Depression. If you could eat it, you ate it. Period. She was that broke at the time. If she didn't have that hard-wired into her system...she probably had another 10-15 years in her.
                                First- gristle is connective tissue, not fat. Not what killed her. More likely it was malnutrition.

No. It is not 50/50. You can't unkill a person from the virus. You can make sure people have enough food, shelter and work on mental health issues.

I do not understand this impatient myopic view of problem solving. If everyone did what was needed things would be much better. Instead we have the idiots controlling the narrative and news cycles with silliness about not doing what as right with a badge for courage (stupidity)

And at the risk of being labeled a Socia****- We have enough money in this country if we were to stop thinking the company CEOs need more money for a bonus than it would take to run my town for the yr. We are a third world country when it comes to the social net because the people who are the most screwed buy into they should be screwed.

Lots of fundraising stuff on. I know I am supposed to look at that and get all the warm feels. I wish. It makes me totally disgusted. Sob stories with kids on TV begging for donations to fund what ever it is. WHat the hell kind of Great is this?
                                Last edited by leswp1; 05-12-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X