Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Maybe the local sheriffs, who probably know most of these people, aren't interested in creating a shoot out situation where one would not otherwise exist.
    I would think if they know them, they would be.

The thing you conveniently ignore is these guys are all about waving guns around and threatening to murder people. They are cowards using guns to intimidate because they know there will be no consequences. They are not passive resisting non-violent civil rights heroes, or even eccentrics. They're a threat to democracy and to human life.

If they put down the penile enhancers I have no problem with them. Until they do, they are terrorists. If Black Panthers occupy City Hall I'm going to feel the same way. Put down the guns and I'll join you. Keep the guns and I'm calling in snipers.

This isn't even Ruby Ridge, messing with these morons in their homes. They came to us.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2020, 09:36 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah. Don’t for a second absolve these animals waving guns around as innocent. Ooh let’s let them do what they want so we don’t provoke them?
      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-15-2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe the local sheriffs, who probably know most of these people, aren't interested in creating a shoot out situation where one would not otherwise exist.

There was an incident 35-40 years ago that is still infamous in North Dakota, but probably unknown elsewhere. A decorated WWII veteran in his 60's, who was also a farmer, decided the US government no longer had the right to insist he pay taxes, so he stopped. He would get together with his wife, his kids, and a handful of other local friends, they'd bring all of their guns and they'd meet in a local veterinarian's office, talk about how they are all sovereign citizens, then go to Sunday brunch and go home. For years they bothered no one.

The feds prosecuted this farmer for not filing a tax return and he went to jail for a few months. Then, when he got out, he resumed his old ways.

The feds decided it was time to bring him in on a parole violation, and they decided to arrest him during one of the "meetings," when all of his armed friends and family members were there. The local police and sheriff were aghast, and told the feds that if they waited one day, they could walk into the local cafe and arrest this guy without incident, and without the guy having any guns or armed friends around.

Of course, the feds have never met a dik measuring contest that they didn't like, so they ignored the "local yokel" advice. End result? Bunch of dead and wounded law enforcement officers. Because the guy didn't want to file his tax return.

But yeah, I get it. You want these people gunned down because you disagree with their politics and you just don't like them. By all means, lets provoke more shoot outs. After all, they are insisting that bars and restaurants re-open. A shoot out seems a small price to pay to put that rebellion down.
        Yeah, that was all the feds' fault, not the hotheaded lunatics who shot them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Yeah, that was all the feds' fault, not the hotheaded lunatics who shot them.
          Every abused woman knows, don’t bother your woman beating husband when he’s not in a great mood. He’s likely to have an outburst! She could have waited til he was in a better mood

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Every abused woman knows, don’t bother your woman beating husband when he’s not in a great mood. He’s likely to have an outburst! She could have waited til he was in a better mood
            Really it's her own fault if you think about it. She was violating his liberty.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A shoot out seems a small price to pay to put that rebellion down.
              Other than the tale you've related I know nothing about that particular incident but yes, if the terrorists shoot first it would be a small price to pay if right thinking people shoot second and put down a rebellion. Hell, your party and tribe are the ones who gave birth to the notion "good guy with a gun." Now when it appears someone may actually fight back against your party and tribe I am suddenly a bloodthirsty killer looking to shoot people I don't agree with. If that were true, believe me it would already have happened.

But your party and tribe have already demonstrated there are plenty of lives they don't care about, so maybe you should just S T F U.

I want to vote your party and tribe out of power and into the dustbin of history where it belongs. Ballots not bullets. But you also better believe if people want to violently overthrow my government and my constitution or prevent me from voting, I'm going to do whatever I can to fight back against that.

The next civil war in this nation is not going to be entire states in some particular region seceding. It is going to be loosely and not so loosely organized Nazis and white supremacists and however many mainstream republicans they can dupe into joining them committing violent acts of terrorism.

Comment

The great "conservative" civil war is just going to be tawdry, cowardly terrorism.

The ur-Republican is Timothy McVeigh. The quintessential right wing political statement is muscle heads blowing up a day care.
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2020, 10:00 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  The next civil war in this nation is not going to be entire states in some particular region seceding. It is going to be loosely and not so loosely organized Nazis and white supremacists and however many mainstream republicans they can dupe into joining them committing violent acts of terrorism.
                  Many soldiers in Lee's army wanted to flee into Appalachia and do exactly this for as long as they could. It was only because they respected Lee's decision to surrender that the Civil War did not transform into 30+ years of guerrilla warfare and terrorism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I would think if they know them, they would be.

The thing you conveniently ignore is these guys are all about waving guns around and threatening to murder people. They are cowards using guns to intimidate because they know there will be no consequences. They are not passive resisting non-violent civil rights heroes, or even eccentrics. They're a threat to democracy and to human life.

If they put down the penile enhancers I have no problem with them. Until they do, they are terrorists. If Black Panthers occupy City Hall I'm going to feel the same way. Put down the guns and I'll join you. Keep the guns and I'm calling in snipers.

This isn't even Ruby Ridge, messing with these morons in their homes. They came to us.
                    These people are infants that never grew up. As ten year olds they ran around in the woods behind their homes playing "army" with their buddies. They are still doing it.

These people were not confronted in Michigan (probably because the feds didn't have time to get there).

Did they shoot anyone? In fact, were any shots even fired? I'm going to go with "no."

But, by all means, send in the army. Nothing like instilling a little fear into a man holding a gun to turn up the excitement level.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Many soldiers in Lee's army wanted to flee into Appalachia and do exactly this for as long as they could. It was only because they respected Lee's decision to surrender that the Civil War did not transform into 30+ years of guerrilla warfare and terrorism.
                      Today they'd have Tucker Carlson telling them (from a comfortable studio in NY) to keep on fighting because the surrender is "Fake News!"
                      Cornell University

Comment

But yeah, I get it. You want these people gunned down because you disagree with their politics and you just don't like them.
                        no. It's because they are violent terrorists and a threat to the country.

Comment

There was an incident 35-40 years ago that is still infamous in North Dakota, but probably unknown elsewhere. A decorated WWII veteran in his 60's, who was also a farmer, decided the US government no longer had the right to insist he pay taxes, so he stopped. He would get together with his wife, his kids, and a handful of other local friends, they'd bring all of their guns and they'd meet in a local veterinarian's office, talk about how they are all sovereign citizens, then go to Sunday brunch and go home. For years they bothered no one.

The feds prosecuted this farmer for not filing a tax return and he went to jail for a few months. Then, when he got out, he resumed his old ways.

The feds decided it was time to bring him in on a parole violation, and they decided to arrest him during one of the "meetings," when all of his armed friends and family members were there. The local police and sheriff were aghast, and told the feds that if they waited one day, they could walk into the local cafe and arrest this guy without incident, and without the guy having any guns or armed friends around.

Of course, the feds have never met a dik measuring contest that they didn't like, so they ignored the "local yokel" advice. End result? Bunch of dead and wounded law enforcement officers. Because the guy didn't want to file his tax return.

But yeah, I get it. You want these people gunned down because you disagree with their politics and you just don't like them. By all means, lets provoke more shoot outs. After all, they are insisting that bars and restaurants re-open. A shoot out seems a small price to pay to put that rebellion down.
                          You arent really that naive are you? Dont you think if the local sheriff was doing it for that reason they might say that instead of their macho dik measuring contest way they often do? People might actually agree with them.

Not to mention...your story is cute...minus the part about the f-tards shooting a bunch of law officers because they dont like having to live by the rules. I am going to let you in on a secret. The villains of the story arent the feds and their tactics...the villains are the jerkoffs who dont want to be part of America (but still live here like a bunch of freeloading *******s) and decided they would shoot a bunch of feds for daring to enforce the rule of law. The feds screwed up...but the "Sovereign" terrorists are murdering dikheads.

But I get it, you normalize this ridiculous behavior because...actually I dont get it.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 05-15-2020, 10:10 AM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Was the guy 'not filing a tax return' or not paying taxes. Big difference between the two.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

He minimizes and excuses them because he owns them. Hovey says they are babies. They are his babies. These imbeciles are the result of RW propaganda on weak minds for 30 years. What started as a way to monetize rural whites' hatred of blacks and liberals into tax cuts for the rich has turned into Nazism. Hovey isn't a sociopath so he is desperate to absolve himself. The absolution is: "they're harmless and your overreaction is the crime."

Read Frankenstein. The doctor evades his responsibility for the whole middle section too.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2020, 10:13 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                America started this type of modern warfare.

When the revolution got started the English thought it was going to be played out in traditional manners, opposition forces would line up and start shooting. Nobody cared that the red coats were a bright target
                                Our boys however took shelter in the trees and picked off redcoats. Snuck around and picked their fights.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X