Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      A substantial minority of them are at the point where they will take up arms if they feel threatened enough.
      And promptly lay them down when the first 3%er moron gets plugged. They're cowards.

A handful of them will go out shooting and that's not a bug it's a feature.

The vast, vast majority will go back to tweeting and pulling their pud.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2020, 03:12 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Jesus...he is like that moron who says "I cant be sick if I dont go to the doctor".
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            And promptly lay them down when the first 3%er moron gets plugged. They're cowards.

A handful of them will go out shooting and that's not a bug it's a feature.

The vast, vast majority will go back to tweeting and pulling their pud.

The only fear I have is whether our law enforcement will actually stand up to them, or side with them.

If the latter, then we are truly ****ed.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hey the Mall of America is opening...not that I would go there if you paid me even before all of this.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                not that I would go there if you paid me even before all of this.
                This.

Comment

Awesome. Michigan lawmakers shut down the legislature ahead of the protests scheduled for today, meaning the capitol building was closed.

Which meant the protesters had to stand outside, in the drizzling rain.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Maine has opened Lodging after June 1st for any and all. The 14 day quarantine is still in place though. What a joke that is.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Awesome. Michigan lawmakers shut down the legislature ahead of the protests scheduled for today, meaning the capitol building was closed.

Which meant the protesters had to stand outside, in the drizzling rain.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          The only fear I have is whether our law enforcement will actually stand up to them, or side with them.

If the latter, then we are truly ****ed.
                          We already have sheriffs all over the place who openly are defying orders to enforce stay-at-home measures, and I have lost count of the number who say they won't enforce firearm safety laws and ordinances they don't agree with. I don't wonder if a great number of people in law enforcement would side with a rebellion, I fully believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Hey the Mall of America is opening...not that I would go there if you paid me even before all of this.
                            All of this.

If the bars/restaurants open up, I'll go like I used to: when they are dead. The place I went to every Sunday for brunch was at most 40% full (the rail, where I sat, was probably 20% full at most). Lots of space. The brewery I went to afterwards...there were the 2 workers, and 3-4 others (that I know personally) for the first 1-2 hours. I leave before the crowds. I don't like crowds.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              We already have sheriffs all over the place who openly are defying orders to enforce stay-at-home measures, and I have lost count of the number who say they won't enforce firearm safety laws and ordinances they don't agree with. I don't wonder if a great number of people in law enforcement would side with a rebellion, I fully believe it.
                              In bumpkin states where there are no requirements, sure.

600 black cops with military grade hardware from the NYPD could occupy all of rural America in 36 hours.

Half that if we turned their body cams off.

And they'd enjoy it.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2020, 07:00 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                In bumpkin states where there are no requirements, sure.

600 black cops with military grade hardware from the NYPD could occupy all of rural America in 36 hours.

Half that if we turned their body cams off.

And they'd enjoy it.
                                I've lived in 5 states (none of them in the south) and in all of them, the rural areas are populated by remarkably similar people. I'd venture they are similar in every state in the country. Outside of the urban centers in most states, the entire country is "bumpkin." It will take a lot more than 600 cops of any ethnic background to keep the peace if trump tells his people otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X