Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I was addressing where you said it wasn’t spreading as quickly. I’m pointing out that that statement doesn’t apply everywhere.
      I'm talking overall. We'll have our hotspots (the latest being the meat plants). Guessing WI counties where people are packing the bars are next up.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I'm talking overall. We'll have our hotspots (the latest being the meat plants). Guessing WI counties where people are packing the bars are next up.
          And in June/July it will be Red Wing and The Iron Range. Hell I bet Brainerd gets hit if the resorts open.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Fine, but as someone trained in epidemiology I’m Going to point out incorrect or incomplete statements when I see them.

Comment

Fine, but as someone trained in epidemiology I’m Going to point out incorrect or incomplete statements when I see them.
              There are people out there pointing out there is zero increase in cases, picking and choosing their spots, also. Those people are also not looking at the overall picture.

OVERALL, from what we know, the spread is slowing. Slowing being the key word. Still the first wave. There hasn't been a complete lull. When we reach a complete lull, that is when the second wave starts.

Are those enough crossed t's and dotted i's for you? Sheesh. I forgot that this is the internet and everyone needs everything spelled out for them because they can't understand a general idea or thought.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You must be under some mistaken belief that facts matter. You poor naive fool...

Comment

You think I can’t understand a general idea or a thought because I pointed out something you said wasn’t accurate? Christ.

I’ve not seen anyone on this board state as many inaccuracies on this topic than you.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    You must be under some mistaken belief that facts matter. You poor naive fool...
                    Well some on here don't think Trump is the President of the US.

Comment

You think I can’t understand a general idea or a thought because I pointed out something you said wasn’t accurate? Christ.

I’ve not seen anyone on this board state as many inaccuracies on this topic than you.
                      Well, it's spreading like crazy!!!!!!!! In certain spots. Particular spots.

Um, no kidding. It's also NOT spreading at all in certain spots. Particular spots.

So, overall, the spread, with the info we have, is slowing down. It's obviously still not good, but it's better than a month ago.

Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        OVERALL, from what we know, the spread is slowing. Slowing being the key word. Still the first wave. There hasn't been a complete lull. When we reach a complete lull, that is when the second wave starts.
                        We don't know this is true. You are just plain wrong to state this as fact. We are not doing enough testing and we are still not doing testing in the right way for those tests we are doing, and we are not anywhere near close to doing effective tracing to have more than barely educated guesses at this point. You are the very manifestation of the difficulty this country has in dealing with complex problems. People who are not experts act like they know more than the experts. People are not willing to accept that we don't know everything. People think everything should have easily knowable answers. And when none of that fits, we move the goalposts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          We don't know this is true. You are just plain wrong to state this as fact. We are not doing enough testing and we are still not doing testing in the right way for those tests we are doing, and we are not anywhere near close to doing effective tracing to have more than barely educated guesses at this point. You are the very manifestation of the difficulty this country has in dealing with complex problems. People who are not experts act like they know more than the experts. People are not willing to accept that we don't know everything. People think everything should have easily knowable answers. And when none of that fits, we move the goalposts.
                          He’s the expert. Don’t argue

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            Sigh. FROM WHAT WE KNOW. That does not mean we know everything at this point. We are going on what we know at this point in time. This is not difficult to understand. Next week? Hopefully we know more, and adjust decisions based again on....guess what? WHAT WE KNOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Sigh. FROM WHAT WE KNOW. That does not mean we know everything at this point. We are going on what we know at this point in time. This is not difficult to understand. Next week? Hopefully we know more, and adjust decisions based again on....guess what? WHAT WE KNOW.
                              WE DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!

That’s the point that’s trying to be made.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                WE DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!

That’s the point that’s trying to be made.
                                Pretty sure we know some things. 3 months ago we knew nothing. That's the point that is trying to be made.

Comment

Working...
                                X