Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by psych View Post
    If you haven’t read it already, the book Ratf**cked by David Daley does a solid job laying out the REDMAP plan that Republican operatives put into place before/after 2010. We lost at least a decade over that disaster.
    This didn't hurt either: https://www.npr.org/2020/01/05/78567...ans-wanted-sea
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Comment

I keep hearing people (scientists, even) talking about a terrible winter next year, but I have yet to see anything confirming that this thing really will exhibit seasonal behavior. Plenty of cases here in Florida and we've been in the 80s for 2 months now. The nasty, soul-crushing summer humidity hasn't hit yet, but Florida's never what you'd call "dry."
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Part of the winter issue is that the flu strain will also be emerging in the fall and could create capacity issues

Comment

Yeah if the winter has a normal flu season that will cause a ton of problems. If it is a particularly bad flu winter...buckle up.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

When you saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Wisconsin you probably have alcohol poisoning.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                I keep hearing people (scientists, even) talking about a terrible winter next year, but I have yet to see anything confirming that this thing really will exhibit seasonal behavior. Plenty of cases here in Florida and we've been in the 80s for 2 months now. The nasty, soul-crushing summer humidity hasn't hit yet, but Florida's never what you'd call "dry."
                I think they are anticipating that cold-related hospitalizations (e.g., exposure) on top of COVID lead us back to the over capacity problem again.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

When you saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Wisconsin you probably have alcohol poisoning.
                  Judging by that photo those are exactly the people I want mingling right now. The Electoral Lord works in mysterious ways. (OK, this time not so mysterious.) What did we lose WI by in 2016? 50k? We should be able to make that happen.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2020, 10:13 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Are people really that desperate to be out and about? Are they just this frickin' stupid? I've said it before, you can open bars tomorrow, I'm not gonna be there.

What the eff is wrong with people?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I think they are anticipating that cold-related hospitalizations (e.g., exposure) on top of COVID lead us back to the over capacity problem again.
                      Not to mention, all the people still dying.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Here's some more data on Kawasaki disease in children from Italy. Still a small % of kids, but a 3000% increase from before. But I hear they do really well with the disease and should go back to school.
                        https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...103-X/fulltext

Comment

MarkWayne Mullin might be the biggest moron I’ve ever heard speak. Go check out his questioning of Dr. Bright.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            I’ve read one big concern is that cold weather makes the body weaker and people who get covid in the winter could have worse outcomes than in the summer.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Not to mention, all the people still dying.
                              Apparently Illinois had the highest number of deaths in a 24 hour period yesterday, the same day neighboring state Wisconsin decided all is well and we should flock to bars and restaurants. Northwestern University has suggested the state could see 50-300 die every day from the effects of the coronavirus in Illinois through June. That's at least 2400 more just in Illinois.

I'm asking again, how many people need to die before everyone takes this seriously. When we wake up Monday morning, it will be over 90,000, and that number is obviously far short of a real crisis in the minds of a large minority in this country. I wonder anymore if there even IS a number. Maybe the dead and dying themselves have to so overwhelm our society before the rest of this country will wake up, and I'm thinking that would be 1918-1919 pandemic like numbers based on today's population, and that would be over 2,000,000. I doubt we will see numbers like that (although I don't doubt raw numbers like 1918/19, 750,000 or so) so my guess is republicans will never take this seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                Apparently Illinois had the highest number of deaths in a 24 hour period yesterday, the same day neighboring state Wisconsin decided all is well and we should flock to bars and restaurants. Northwestern University has suggested the state could see 50-300 die every day from the effects of the coronavirus in Illinois through June. That's at least 2400 more just in Illinois.

I'm asking again, how many people need to die before everyone takes this seriously. When we wake up Monday morning, it will be over 90,000, and that number is obviously far short of a real crisis in the minds of a large minority in this country. I wonder anymore if there even IS a number. Maybe the dead and dying themselves have to so overwhelm our society before the rest of this country will wake up, and I'm thinking that would be 1918-1919 pandemic like numbers based on today's population, and that would be over 2,000,000. I doubt we will see numbers like that (although I don't doubt raw numbers like 1918/19, 750,000 or so) so my guess is republicans will never take this seriously.
                                I would surmise that a majority of people do take it seriously. Last major poll I saw, only about 50% of the russian party really thought what we are doing is wrong. The problem is that the leaders of that party are 1) following dumpy, and 2) just contrarians to D- so even though not all of the voters agree with them, all of them are running the wrong playbook.

And seeing how this has progressed, I never actually think they will change. They all seem to be taking the same opinion of admitting they are not right from the little hands in the white house. Which means the more they realize they are wrong, the more attacking they will end up doing (which will include belittling anyone being careful- labeling everyone panic'ers or whatever).

Admitting this is a science problems just admits they are wrong. Never happen. The best we can hope for is that they die off- which is pretty harsh.

Comment

Working...
                                X