Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Albany, Georgia. Population 75249
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      And yet we can't convince the white working class that these guys are their enemies. Amazing.
      ??- Jim Jones, people in abusive relationships that defend the abuser- not because they are afraid but because they have been told so many times it is their fault they believe it, and Stockholm Syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Other countries are achieving this by having everyone wear a mask - again, the data shows that if 80% of the people just wore a cloth mask, the R would dip below 1 and the virus would die out. But we've got Trumpsters out there saying that the masks are to make us look weak - especially men.
        Looking forward to the day I get called 'fruit' or 'beta' for wearing a mask, lol.

Comment

29k new cases, 2100 new deaths. We will pass 80k sometime Saturday. OPEN THIS ***** BACK UP MUTH****ERS!!!

edit: forgot to mention one of my students is recovering from COVID...she can barely function half the time but she is at least likely to survive.
          Last edited by Handyman; 05-07-2020, 07:22 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            You say that, but you have that still in the barn, no?
            Almost resulted in divorce. Dumping aloe in a fresh batch of hooch should be a felony.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

You know, I was thinking today, a lot of these anti-mask people are really big on civil liberties. I would assume that extends to tracking/surveillance. You'd think they'd be all about masks finally being acceptable inside stores because video/security cameras wouldn't identify them.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                You know, I was thinking today, a lot of these anti-mask people are really big on civil liberties. I would assume that extends to tracking/surveillance. You'd think they'd be all about masks finally being acceptable inside stores because video/security cameras wouldn't identify them.
                Surprised they're not painted like Juggalos.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Faulty lines of communication within the Trump administration hampered the distribution of remdesivir, a drug shown to be a potential treatment of COVID-19, senior officials with direct knowledge of the situation told Axios.

Gilead Sciences, the company that produces remdesivir, gave large quantities of the drug to the federal government after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) fast-tracked its authorization as an emergency treatment for areas where hospitals are experiencing large coronavirus patient counts.

However, internal errors reportedly resulted in thousands of the doses going to “less impacted counties,” according to the news source.

"Some went to the wrong places, some went to the right places," one senior official told Axios.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Those weren't errors. Just as when a vaccine is finally developed, rural areas and red states are going to get a disproportionate amount sent to them before states like California, NY, and Mass.

Just as all that PPE and ventilators that the feds seized has probably been routed to Texas, Florida, Georgia, and elsewhere.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Cross check it against Trump donor zip codes....
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Oh, by the way, got tested yesterday. Turned out negative.

Apparently, I have a run of the mill sinus infection. Which is bad enough. Could barely sleep last night my head was pounding so bad.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          Cross check it against Trump donor zip codes....
                          Biden needs to do an ad around Trump's blatant cronyism and political favoritism, and how it is divisive and anti-American. Won't mean a d@mn thing to the apes, but I'd like to think enough people in the swing states still care that it will have an impact.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Biden needs to do an ad around Trump's blatant cronyism and political favoritism, and how it is divisive and anti-American. Won't mean a d@mn thing to the apes, but I'd like to think enough people in the swing states still care that it will have an impact.
                            Got in the mail an odd "newspaper" that pretty much is a tirade about this being a Chinese sourced thing.

But here's the interesting part that make no sense- on one hand, this isn't a big deal and we should open back up, on the other hand, it's a serious manufactured virus from China that is a threat.

Funny how it can be both at the same time.

Comment

I learned something interesting here in Minnesota yesterday about the way the State is enforcing some of its Covid rules.

Golf courses are open in the state, but of course you can't go into a clubhouse or bar or anything like that. Basically you can go out and play the course. I think most courses are following USGA guidlines that involve things like only one player per drive cart, inserts placed in the hole so you don't have to fish your ball out of the hole or touch the flagstick, and things like that.

Golf courses that have restaurants and bars have been permitted to continue to operate on a "take out" basis, like other restaurants and bars in the state. Originally restaurants could only sell food on a take out basis, but later the rules were amended to let them sell a bottle of wine or up to six bottles/cans of beer along with a food order.

But here is what I found out yesterday. You can go to a golf course and order food to eat, and take that food and eat it as you walk the golf course. You can purchase a can of soda from the golf course and consume it as you play the course.

However, you cannot purchase an alcoholic beverage and take it with you as you play the course. I have no idea as to the logic of that distinction.

I get that the state might implement a rule that says your restaurant is closed, but you can sell take out if they eat it off premises, then implement that same requirement for any wine or beer you might sell. By why allow the sale and consumption of food and soda "on the premises" of a golf course, so long as the premises are the course itself and not in the restaurant, but forbid it for alcohol? That makes no sense to me.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X