Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 Part 9: Shelter In Place is Temporary, but Wu-Tang is Forever

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Prior to Covid, beer and alcohol was sold on the course itself since the course has been opened.

In other words, IT'S NOT A LICENSURE ISSUE. Beer and alcohol was sold on the course before Covid, and presumably it will be after Covid.

If we accept the idea that Covid requires us to prohibit on premises consumption of food and alcohol, first, why are golf courses permitted to make an exception to this if it's food or alcohol that will be consumed on the course, and second, assuming there is a good reason for that exception, why isn't the exception extended to alcohol?
    Exactly. I’m with you. This is dumb.

On the other hand...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It seems perfectly obvious to me that rules for substances which impair judgment should be different during times when lapses in judgment kill people.

I don't want a drunk anywhere within my zip code during a pandemic.
    This makes sense.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      I like what the Wisconsin breweries are doing. Well, I assume they are all doing it, I only know of one for certain, Oliphant Brewing in Somerset, WI. Wisconsin law requires all alcohol sales to be made face to face. So instead of selling online, they are handing out reservations. You go on their website, reserve what beer you want for $0.00, then pay when you pick it up. Life finds a way.
      Vikre was doing this as well.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        I like what the Wisconsin breweries are doing. Well, I assume they are all doing it, I only know of one for certain, Oliphant Brewing in Somerset, WI. Wisconsin law requires all alcohol sales to be made face to face. So instead of selling online, they are handing out reservations. You go on their website, reserve what beer you want for $0.00, then pay when you pick it up. Life finds a way.

We have some local breweries delivering now. Order online and the beer gets dropped off on your steps. Another local place let’s you order growlers online and then they put it on a table outside for you to grab.

Comment

Iowa City, Iowa Population 76,290
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            Iowa City, Iowa Population 76,290
            Took down WMU yesterday. Now the Hawkeyes today.

Does Trump think the math will just stop abruptly one day? He now says “we may lose 85k.” At this rate we’ll reach that by Monday, right?
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Stephen millers wife has the Rona.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Stephen millers wife has the Rona.
                Someone willingly married that guy?
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  She also works for pence so....

Comment

She also works for pence so....
                    Is she a relative of Eva Braun?
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Some good news: Apparently the drug BoJo was treated with, Flarin, is going to start to be more widely tested. He was supposedly deteriorating quickly when they treated him with it and it obviously did the trick.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        What's not to love? Look into those bedroom eyes.

Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          What's not to love? Look into those bedroom eyes.

Comment

I asked a liquor store emolument about this one day. He said it was shocking how many addicts are there each day, and his store is on a bus line. People there when they open up each day, etc.
                            Out of curiosity...Edina Liquor by Southdale?

I worked there for about 3 months over the holidays about 5 years ago. Yeah, we certainly had our regulars there. Most worked at Southdale and would get it for the bus ride home. Some would come in more than once a day. A lot of fifths of vodka went out the door.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Finally, someone who's not afraid to ask questions: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1258838201818476544

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Out of curiosity...Edina Liquor by Southdale?

I worked there for about 3 months over the holidays about 5 years ago. Yeah, we certainly had our regulars there. Most worked at Southdale and would get it for the bus ride home. Some would come in more than once a day. A lot of fifths of vodka went out the door.
                                Yes, that is exactly the store I’m talking about

Comment

Working...
                                X