Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Originally posted by psych View Post
    From an actual Democrat, what’s wrong with Harris? Just during the coronavirus pandemic, she’s sponsored like three or four huge ideas/bills aimed at helping people of color, partnering with white guys Sanders/Markey on one bill, and Squad member Pressley* on another. To me, she’s literally the perfect fit for Biden. She’s Abrams 5-10 years from now.
    To me Harris represents the bluster over substance brand of politics that Trump engages in. The sooner that is gone from the executive branch the better. I would be very happy with Abrams as she is the real deal. Warren or Mayor Pete would have been my top two choices but it looks like Biden is going to go a different direction.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Ha ha, you all thought you would get a substantive answer.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Ha ha, you all thought you would get a substantive answer.
        Yeah, shame on us

Comment

If the aim is taking the Senate, if he picks a Senator, shouldnt the Senator be from a state with a D governor? That would mean Warren’s out. That leaves Harris, Klobuchar, Gillibrand, and a few others. Abrams wouldn’t disrupt anything.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            If the aim is taking the Senate, if he picks a Senator, shouldnt the Senator be from a state with a D governor? That would mean Warren’s out. That leaves Harris, Klobuchar, Gillibrand, and a few others. Abrams wouldn’t disrupt anything.
            Warren's replacement would only temporary, maybe for a couple of months until a new election? Baker's a pretty liberal Republican but not sure who exactly he'd chose for the interim job now that Romney scrammed back to Utah! Maybe he'd give Bill Weld the seat for a few weeks. Or he could choose his Lt Gov.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I still prefer Harris over Abrams for the latter. More qualified, and checks every box Abrams checks.
              Harris is great for the demographics. She lacks Abrams' farther left orientation and her ability to inspire. Harris was on the campaign trail and drew crickets.

If Joe wants to do this purely on racial id he picks Harris because she'll play ball when he appoints another Republican to run the Fed. If he wants to forge a tie back to the liberal wing he picks Abrams.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I really hope he does not pick Harris for VP as she reminds me a lot of Trump
                I am disappointed with Harris for being a purely political creature but I can't imagine on what indices you see a comparison with Dump. She's smart, he dumb. She's circumspect, he's incendiary. Most importantly she's good, he's toxic. In what ways do you think she resembles him?
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  A loudmouth who attacks people and isn't exactly an intellectual heavyweight.
                  You could not be more wrong. That you find her a loudmouth shows you know nothing of her history. That you find her intellectually lacking, well, I don't want to speculate what's going on there, but let's leave it at she impresses me and I do not suffer the dumbs, or even the normies, gladly.
                  Cornell University

Comment

From an actual Democrat, what’s wrong with Harris? Just during the coronavirus pandemic, she’s sponsored like three or four huge ideas/bills aimed at helping people of color, partnering with white guys Sanders/Markey on one bill, and Squad member Pressley* on another. To me, she’s literally the perfect fit for Biden. She’s Abrams 5-10 years from now.
                    No, she's Obama 10 years ago, and that's fine, but it aint Abrams. Abrams is a genuine liberal, not a pragmatic balancer. Now, you may not want a genuine liberal, but that is a matter of preference, not identity.

On the Dem number line where Manchin is a 1, Biden is a 5, and Sanders is a 10, Harris is a 6 and Abrams is an 8. There's a substantive difference.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Re: Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      You could not be more wrong. That you find her a loudmouth shows you know nothing of her history. That you find her intellectually lacking, well, I don't want to speculate what's going on there, but let's leave it at she impresses me and I do not suffer the dumbs, or even the normies, gladly.
                      I think my post was more condescending than I intended. She's obviously not an idiot, or someone of even mere average intelligence, but I don't think she is in the same ballpark as people like Obama, Abrams, or Warren. They all went to Harvard or Yale without family connections. Those are the type of folks we need as president and vice president.

Maybe I am off the reservation on this, but it always seems like she is chasing some sort of sound byte. And instead of owning who she is politically is she always tries to suit whatever audience she is addressing that moment in time. People love the idea of her, no doubt about that, but there is a reason she did so bad in the primary.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        On the Dem number line where Manchin is a 1, Biden is a 5, and Sanders is a 10, Harris is a 6 and Abrams is an 8. There's a substantive difference.
                        Except that Manchin is basically 0, Biden is 2 or 3, and Harris is 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          No, she's Obama 10 years ago, and that's fine, but it aint Abrams. Abrams is a genuine liberal, not a pragmatic balancer. Now, you may not want a genuine liberal, but that is a matter of preference, not identity.

Being pragmatic means you’re not a genuine liberal? I’ll gladly agree to disagree on that one. As for being moderate, or somewhat liberal on your scale, govtrack.us rated Harris as the most liberal senator in 2019, and fourth most in 2018. FiveThirtyEight has her voting against Trump’s policies the 7th most out of any senator. If Abrams has her beat in liberal cred by the margin you’re saying, then Abrams must be way further left than I imagined. I love someone who can be liberal as f-ck and pragmatic at the same time. Abrams may be that person, but Harris has it in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            I admit I was afraid to look too closely at the (Tara Reade’s) story, so it was a relief to see it destroyed by an actual reporter. https://medium.com/@macarthur.cliff/...ou-27d3ca14978
                            Yikes. That is a gut punch to the story
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Yikes. That is a gut punch to the story
                              Detailed yet efficient takedown. Kudos to the reporter.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Detailed yet efficient takedown. Kudos to the reporter.
                                With quotes and evidence...unlike the rest of the media. Even mentions what I said that Far Left media types were part of the spread after Joe trounced Bernie on Super Tuesday. The Russia part was a nice twist as was the fraud with the charity
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X