Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Finally...someone gets it.

If 3+ years of Trump aren't enough to change the minds of those who say "I was born a Republican and I'll die a Republican" then I guess nothing will. I asked in another thread last year why so many Americans stick to their political affiliation under any/all circumstances (both R and D). The answers I got from users of these boards (3 or 4 if I remember correctly...) basically said it was simply a stubborn unwillingness to change or even consider an alternative regardless of information and/or facts put before them.

This is something that's puzzled me for years...but more so now after seeing how Trump is tearing apart your country.
    Last edited by Hoover; 06-02-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Sandbagging. They're voting Trump.
      Yeah I will believe it when I see it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I saw a similar sentiment noted on another board. Poster there has a family full of West Virginians and they were -- as he described them -- predictably Trumpy. Yet over the course of the last few weeks he's seen more and more how they have decided they don't like what trump is doing. I posted that saying that and voting for someone else are two entirely different things, and come November they can find some reason to justify a vote for trump. He agreed that their comments on social media in May have very little to do with how they'll vote in November.

The margin of victory (or defeat) will be determined by one and only one thing, turnout. How many people can democrats get to the polls. trump is gonna get his 60,000,000 or so votes.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          I saw a similar sentiment noted on another board. Poster there has a family full of West Virginians and they were -- as he described them -- predictably Trumpy. Yet over the course of the last few weeks he's seen more and more how they have decided they don't like what trump is doing.
          It's just Trump playing his 4D chess. The guy is smart.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            ...and come November they can find some reason to justify a vote for trump.
            Something something unborn babies!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

(I think this tweet is hyperbolic BUT)

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post
                If Minnesota is close it won’t matter. The rest of the country will have already voted Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  (I think this tweet is hyperbolic BUT)

This is a dangerous message to propagate - that he will lose huge. Not trying to go alarmist on the bit, but I don't trust poll numbers at all. The message should be get out and vote and take nothing for granted. I wouldn't doubt at all there's a systematic plan of lying to pollsters by lull liberals to sleep. Even if that is completely b.s. crazy I don't care - get people excited to off their *** and vote him out.

Comment

It's pretty well established that fringe groups have been lying to pollsters for years. And don't forget that back in the day, no one knew anybody who voted for Nixon.

Comment

What do pollsters have to do with this? 7.8% (38k votes) of the actual voters in the primary voted for Weld. Those are official numbers not exit polls. Lying has literally nothing to do with it

And the Nixon quote was from Pauline Kael and it was misquoted anyways.

Not you best effort Fade

(not of this means Trumps is gonna lose YUGE)
                      Last edited by Handyman; 06-03-2020, 10:38 AM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Nixon paraphrasing was half in jest, but I will stand by my comment that fringe people and trolls do lie to pollsters to try and skew numbers.

Comment

I think people want to believe they're independent and free thinking when in reality they end up always voting the same way. We've heard many times the statement of "I'm not crazy about Bush/McCain/Romney/Trump/etc but I wish the Democrats would put somebody up that I could vote for". Its all self serving BS, but its something they like to tell themselves as well as pollsters. Chump will get his 62M and 45% or so of the vote. How many people turn out and vote Dem is the difference between narrow Chump win and epic Chump loss.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            The Nixon paraphrasing was half in jest, but I will stand by my comment that fringe people and trolls do lie to pollsters to try and skew numbers.
                            They do, but I think it's also been pretty well established that the numbers of those who do is noise.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Right but that is irrelevant to the point made.

Me: 38k people cast votes for Weld
                              You: People lie about who they are gonna vote for/voted for to pollsters

I agree people lie to pollsters...but pollsters arent involved in this case unless you think they lied on their ballot
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I think people want to believe they're independent and free thinking when in reality they end up always voting the same way. We've heard many times the statement of "I'm not crazy about Bush/McCain/Romney/Trump/etc but I wish the Democrats would put somebody up that I could vote for". Its all self serving BS, but its something they like to tell themselves as well as pollsters. Chump will get his 62M and 45% or so of the vote. How many people turn out and vote Dem is the difference between narrow Chump win and epic Chump loss.
                                I agree that it will come down to that small class of voters who either show up and vote D or stay home. And as much as we all learned in '16 to NEVER take an outcome for granted, I'm starting to feel Trump is gonna get evicted in November. I'll still do the grunt work this fall to ensure that happens, and there is a lot of time between now and November. But unless there is a major change in momentum, I think he's history this fall.

That's a confession. For the record? Be prepared for him to win, as most incumbents do.

Comment

Working...
                                X