Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Biden v Dump 1: If not now, when? If not us, who?

Trump Is Laying the Groundwork to Contest the Results of the Election

It’s not always a good idea to take seriously, much less literally, many of Donald Trump’s Twitter rants. But his campaign against voting by mail is becoming more, not less, intense and shows every sign of becoming a major MAGA election-year message. His latest offering is so strident that it’s completely incompatible with any sort of attempt to spin, qualify, or walk back.

He’s misinformed and misinforming about Gavin Newsom, of course; the governor’s order sent ballots to registered voters, not “anyone living in the state.” And beyond that, a big majority of California voters (70 percent in the March 3 primary) are already getting mail ballots automatically as permanent vote-by-mail registrants. As for what he means by “professionals telling all of these people” how to vote, this is transparently a reference to the grand, if racist, conservative myth of minority voters being herded like cattle into the Democratic column via bribes or some other illicit method.

But beyond that, Trump is now regularly claiming that voting by mail is inherently illegitimate, except for grudging exceptions for people who can’t make it to the polls. So, presumably, states that allow for no-excuse voting by mail in November are holding “substantially fraudulent” elections. That’s 34 states who do so by law (including battleground states Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin), 11 more that so far are waiving excuse requirements this pandemic year (including New Hampshire), and another that may be forced to do so by a lawsuit (Texas).

So in a very real sense, unless Trump backs off his claims that voting by mail means a “rigged election,” he’s letting us know that he and his supporters will be justified in challenging any adverse results in states that allow this terrible practice to take place.

A group of 30 political scientists who recently met to look at scary post-election scenarios explained exactly how a vote-by-mail contest might play out, as Louis Jacobson noted at Cook Political Report:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Trump Is Laying the Groundwork to Contest the Results of the Election
      And these states need to tell Chump to go F himself. Especially in light of the Chumpster himself voting by mail. Nothing is going to prevent them from whining anyway no matter if he suffers a severe a ss kicking. But if it makes everyone feel better, the battleground states of MI, NC, PA and WI have Dem secretaries of state and governors thus limiting Chump's ability to pull off a "Florida 2000" scenario.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The initiative, called Republican Voters Against Trump, has produced multiple ads featuring disaffected GOP voters who say they are not voting for Trump. Many of these testimonials are recorded on smartphones and include voters who have voted for Republican candidates, some of whom voted for Trump in 2016.

"I voted for Donald Trump in 2016, but I won't vote for him again," says Jay, a Pennsylvania voter who recorded one of nearly 100 videos featured on the project's website. Some of the testimonials will be featured in the ads.

"People need to see other people like themselves," said Sarah Longwell, a longtime conservative and Republican consultant who is the executive director of Defending Democracy Together, the nonprofit behind the effort. The New York Times first reported on the new ad campaign.\

Longwell told CNN the ads will initially target specific voters in the swing states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Arizona, primarily through digital ads. Some television ads have also been produced and will air in those states.
        I am sure the Times and CNN are interviewing the same 8 people they always do to ask if they will still vote for Trump to rebut this
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I am sure the Times and CNN are interviewing the same 8 people they always do to ask if they will still vote for Trump to rebut this
          Yeah, we're overdue for our semi-annual report from the front lines of Real, Red-Blooded 'Murican Trump Country.

Comment

Please make this into a commercial and give it heavy rotation: https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1266014363225219075

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The GOP is apparently telling judges to step down before the end of the year so they can be replaced when Trump loses in November but before the inauguration. Graham and McConnell seem quite scared...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The GOP is apparently telling judges to step down before the end of the year so they can be replaced when Trump loses in November but before the inauguration. Graham and McConnell seem quite scared...
                Duh.

Comment

Yeah, this has been a concerted push since late last year when the GOP started thinking it was going to all go to sh-t this November.

The Republican governance cycle:

1. Cripple the country by stealing everything not nailed own.
                  2. Dump it on the Democrats to make the tough and unpopular choices to fix it.
                  3. See 1.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Yeah, this has been a concerted push since late last year when the GOP started thinking it was going to all go to sh-t this November.

The Republican governance cycle:

1. Cripple the country by stealing everything not nailed own.
                    2. Dump it on the Democrats to make the tough and unpopular choices to fix it.
                    3. See 1.
                    Yep. And just like racism we're never getting out of that cycle.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Yep. And just like racism we're never getting out of that cycle.
                      There's a way out. To fix the country, claw back the sh-t they stole. Wealth tax, expropriation of all sheltered assets, steep progressive taxation, financial transactions taxes.

Stolen property can be recovered. The 1% have stolen something like 50 trillion dollars since January 20, 1981.

Let's go get it back. All of it.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's a way out. To fix the country, claw back the sh-t they stole. Wealth tax, expropriation of all sheltered assets, steep progressive taxation, financial transactions taxes.

Stolen property can be recovered. The 1% have stolen something like 50 trillion dollars since January 20, 1981.

Let's go get it back.
                        I know you don't believe this but I pray every single day that you are right and I am wrong.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I know you don't believe this but I pray every single day that you are right and I am wrong.
                          I know you do. The important thing is we don't have to pray, we can do real things. Vote, organize, educate, volunteer.

The Nazis worked very hard to get where they are. We're smarter, healthier, younger, and not evil, and there's more of us -- we can outwork them.
                          Cornell University

Comment

this 'law and order' candidate may just guarantee a reelection for tD
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I know you do. The important thing is we don't have to pray, we can do real things. Vote, organize, educate, volunteer.

The Nazis worked very hard to get where they are. We're smarter, healthier, younger, and not evil, and there's more of us -- we can outwork them.
                              If we outwork them doing those things, we will win.

Comment

Work beats talent when talent doesn't work.

Let's go to work people.

Comment

Working...
                                X